A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hello Wales!  (Read 14017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2008 01:40:11 AM »

Yay i found the welsh board  Grin

Definately seems dead though  Sad

Im in Carmarthen, Mid-South Wales. Does anyone know of any Bead shops anywhere near me that are good? The closest iv found so far is in Cardiff and thats to far for me to travel to often.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008 01:41:20 AM by KatyMai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2008 05:12:51 AM »

hello!
Im afraid I can't help much about Carmarthen because I have only been there once -and got soaked in a delightful downpour-.  Although I did appreciate the number of charity shops it had with scarves and such forth to craft about with.  I thought I'd reply with my lack of information just to prove the welsh board isnt completely dead!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

becs88

a lady never reveals her underwear by mistake

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2008 02:03:18 AM »

Yay i found the welsh board  Grin

Definately seems dead though  Sad

Im in Carmarthen, Mid-South Wales. Does anyone know of any Bead shops anywhere near me that are good? The closest iv found so far is in Cardiff and thats to far for me to travel to often.

I've not been to carmarthen in years, I remember an incredibly tiny pub! I love West Wales. I'm often in Narbeth & Haverfordwest but cant think of anywhere off the top of my head!

A friend told me about a shop called Serendipity Beads in Cross Hands, on the way to Llanelli. Maybe google it for directions as i'm not sure where it is exactly. Let me know if its any good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2008 09:04:17 AM »

There is indeed a fine variety of pound shops, such a fine variety that I was able to decorate my flat for xmas for just 5 including tree, wreath, mantle piece decs and many more haha you've gotta love swansea!

Sorry I just saw this.  Thats a bargain indeed.  My housemate would be so jealous she decorated our house this year from hypervalue and charity shops but she didnt get bargains like that!  I cant wait to get down there again.  Im thinking a trip to Swansea would be the perfect reward for getting all my uni essays done.  Uni steals all my crafting time its most distressing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missdolly
Miss Dolly is my GreatDane

Dedicated dog walker

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2008 08:44:16 AM »

Hello from North Wales, Anglesey to be precise  Grin

Sarah
(have i already posted here?  Huh)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The only hell my mum raised was me"

Personal swaps welcome...
SamJ
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2008 04:03:19 PM »

hey im welsh
 i cant believe ive never seen this wales board before !!!! Shocked!!!! anyways im over ebbw vale area (for those who look a little lost thats where the BIG steel works used to be)

im not sure where any crafts stores are around in my area, theres only one that i know and thats in ebbw vale town centre, quite a good one from what i saw, i had my three year old with me and he wasnt best pleased at having to be good will i felt up all the yarns for the right one !!!lol 

anyways i havent really been exploring for any more craft stores but i know i will do soon

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knitsamknit.blogspot.com/

http://www.wists.com/SamJ

where do i get freezer paper from??? im in the UK so does it have another name??? please help me!!!!
Kittyboo
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2008 08:48:11 AM »

Hi SamJ,

I'm in Abergavenny - so not too far from you. If you're ever out this way, there's an ok craft store here - www.nantiago.com which often has Rowan yarn at reduced prices. Also, the art shop is brilliant and has a gallery upstairs which hosts lots of inspiring exhibitions. Their website is www.artshopandgalle ry.co.uk. Finally, if you're in the area, the Court Cupboard Craft Gallery is well worth a visit - not a place for supplies, but lots of lovely things to look at and workshops too - www.courtcupboardga llery.com

Right, advert for Abergavenny over! We've recently moved here - can you tell I'm in love with the place!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SamJ
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2008 05:30:59 AM »

thanks for that kitty.  i will most probably go take a look when the weather warms up a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knitsamknit.blogspot.com/

http://www.wists.com/SamJ

where do i get freezer paper from??? im in the UK so does it have another name??? please help me!!!!
*Junebug*
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2008 03:49:27 AM »

There is indeed a fine variety of pound shops, such a fine variety that I was able to decorate my flat for xmas for just 5 including tree, wreath, mantle piece decs and many more haha you've gotta love swansea!

Sorry I just saw this.  Thats a bargain indeed.  My housemate would be so jealous she decorated our house this year from hypervalue and charity shops but she didnt get bargains like that!  I cant wait to get down there again.  Im thinking a trip to Swansea would be the perfect reward for getting all my uni essays done.  Uni steals all my crafting time its most distressing!

hehe poundland is a must for any holiday! halloween decorations, glowsticks for concerts and of course xmas. it's a students heaven !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gherkin
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2008 11:09:33 AM »

Hello from Cardiff!

Most of Cardiff's shops have been mentioned here but can I do a biggup for a tiny bead shop in Southgate on Gower?  (about 6 miles from Swansea)  It's called Jewels By The Sea and is tiny but crammed full of beads and beading findings and is the kind of place that you go into "for a look" and come out penniless with a bag full of beads and ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nikon J1 Video Sample
GE PJ1 DLP Projector Camera Demo at Photokina 2010
Nikon 1 System Hands-on
FujiFilm X10 Hands-on
NEX-C3 Hands-on
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...