A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SOBER girls' night out / bridal shower ideas.  (Read 1954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

allie-loki
« on: August 08, 2005 12:04:16 PM »

i dont drink, smoke, take drugs. i don't party. i don't dance (althought i could be convinced to let loose in a private setting). i love fun, i just dont like loud smoky places and people annoy me when they are drunk.

i feel *really* bad for my friends who are trying to plan these events for me because it is going to be challenging for them to find fun stuff to do. all i can think of is a slumber party type of thing but i have no idea what this would entail. any ideas you guys have that i could pass along would be great and they dont have to be slumber party ideas either.

... a spa day might be cool.. hm.

HELP MY FRIENDS.. please.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmsmaverick
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005 12:08:54 PM »

for my college roommate's BP, we painted pottery at the local claypen, then we went for a a somewhat posh dinner, in the end we did go to a bar for a few driks where she got blasted and the rest of us peeled her off the floor.

also what about going to the atomic bowl-a-drome? my friends and i have had tons of fun at atomic bowling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katiebug
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005 12:12:27 PM »

for my college roommate's BP, we painted pottery at the local claypen, then we went for a a somewhat posh dinner, in the end we did go to a bar for a few driks where she got blasted and the rest of us peeled her off the floor.

Once my mom and I were painting pottery at this little place and a bridal party came in.  It was really neat, each friend painted a different piece of kitchenware so the bride had a full dishes set.

Good luck, I hope whatever you choose is fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Ben Franklin

http://lemonsicle.blogspot.com/
sqrlgrrl
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005 01:18:51 PM »

We just threw my friend a slumber party for her birthday. It was a blast - everyone showed up in pj's - she got a cute new nightie and a retro travel bag with "the essentials" in it (barettes, toothpaste, lotions, I forget). We played games, ate dinner, had junk food on hand, read cosmo (lame, but what fun in that setting), drank a bit but that was unnecessary. Then we made a yummy breakfast in the morning. I think that's a great option if you aren't into crowds.

A fun going-out idea I like is a progressive restaurant-dinner: have appetizers at one place, then go to another place for salad, then a main dish somewhere else, then dessert...it's a way to make a great night of hanging out with friends without staying in one place too long.

Spa-day was one of my favorite bridal showers I went to!! There is a Korean Women's spa near us where it only costs $20 to get in and you can enjoy it all, but if you want treatments you pay extra. Great way to satisfy various budgets.

Depending on your style, I also think an overnight camp-out with the girls would be a blast.

Basically, I think you have some great ideas already. Get a creative friend to run with it and treasure every minute of whatever they come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
memememe
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005 01:44:58 PM »

If it didn't have to be at night - and you have a place like Adventure Island or Magic Mountain in your area you could all hang out and act like kids for a day!  They have go-karts, adventure golf, lazer tag, bumper boats, paddle boats, batting cages and a huge arcade with all sorts of interactive games that more than one person can play!  It's loads of fun that you can handle in a couple of hours or even make it a day thing.  It's not to expensive either.  Riding go-karts rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Struggle Is My Life"
Nelson Mandela
princessliak
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005 02:37:48 PM »

The main fun of a bridal shower is getting together with your best gal friends and family - even though we had some drinking and some dancing at mine, my best memories are of just being with my friends.   I have been to a few that were fun that weren't centered around the booze or booty shaking -

-We went kayaking and camping
-We had an ultimate girls day with spa stuff, lunch, shopping, a chick flick and desserts
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are so many ways to die without losing your life.

www.baskinginbliss. blogspot.com
www.lulu.com/content/292980
binny
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005 07:12:42 AM »

I'm with ya.   I'm not the sort to do the traditional "bar hopping while wearing a veil of condoms" thing.  Here are the ideas that I've gathered.  The main idea is to hire a professional to perform services or teach you things.       
  • A spa party where you go to the salon (or cosmetology school) or have a manicurist come to your house.
  • Hire a masseuse to go around and give everybody short chair massages or to teach you how to give a basic massage.
  • A pro to give dance lessons so you all twirl around on the dance floor like Ginger Rogers.
  • One of the crafting places around here does craft classes, so you could make some wedding decorations or anything else that sounds fun.
  • Rent a karaoke machine to belt out those tunes you love.
  • Take a cooking class to expand your food horizons.

The slumber party would be a lot of fun, we did that for my best friend's bachelorette party.  We played board games until everybody finally arrived.  That was a lot of fun because we were totally silly.  You could watch cheesy '80s movies like Grease, Goonies, and Top Gun, while eating Doritos and drinking soda.  Then go out in the middle of the night to a place like Denny's or Perkins. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Bouffant Ponytail
How to Get More Mileage Out of Your Highlights
This Is What Happens When You Stop Washing Your Hair
The No-Poo Movement
Put a Twist on the Classic Milkmaid Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...