A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How did you come up with your brand name?  (Read 18096 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bearmnt

If there is a "WILL", there are 500 relatives...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2011 02:03:23 AM »

I really wanted something that reflected my brand so I asked everyone around me what made them think of country/western/cowboy and the top answer I got was mountains(I'm in colorado) so from there I wanted to make it not sound corny and there are tons of rocky mountain so & so here. While lying on my couch one day - happened to look up at my wall and saw the picture  on my wall of my favorite wild animal and bear mountain candle co. Stuck ever since. Now CH wants to branch it out to include a micro brewery by the same name and I also plan to develop a cosmetic and body line called hummingbird to keep with the brand.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 10:42:50 PM by bearmnt » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cottonmouth
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2011 06:16:46 PM »

I wasn't really pursuing a brand name that time but I was thinking about describing myself in a 'creative' way for a url I was neither warm blooded (friendly) nor entirely cold blooded (distant) well I'm mostly cold blooded but no one would probably want to buy from a distant or reticent seller (that would look bad in business) so I had to look to another trait which was sensitivity and this is also synonymous to being a 'softy'. So ta-dah! Soft Blooded Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sℴt ℬℓℴℴdℯd jℯwℯℓry

http://soft-blooded.blogspot.com
http://softblooded.etsy.com

ℰsthℯr
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2011 07:11:23 PM »

Hello my business for technology combined with crafts is called Knull Technology Designs
Knull- My first and last name combined makes that which is pronounced null cause the K is silent (I thought it was cleaver)
Technology- What can I say it's technology combined crafts?
Design- I actually have to sit down and design my circuit usually with only felt and wire.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
RenaMarr1
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2012 03:29:47 PM »

Hi all,

For those of you with an embroidery business and those of you that have hobby business, how did you come up with the name of your business?  Or do you have a name for it?  I'm getting enough work that I can (and probably should) start separating personal/business expenses but I am at a loss as to how to go about naming a business.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Rena
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninkybink

~*FaShIoNiStA*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2012 11:35:21 AM »

When I was 3 years old I named by baby doll a quirky imagined name,"Ninkybink", and many years later I figured it would be the perfect unusual name for my brand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kodeekins
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2012 11:57:44 AM »

I actually just wrote a super duper long blog post on this very thing. Smiley If you are interested, there is a link to the blog in my signature, OR I can try to short hand it here. lol. It's a really long story though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whiteowldesigns
White Owl Designs

It's all about the beads!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2012 07:18:14 PM »

I chose to name my business after a special thing that happened the night I decided to paint for a living.

In short, I was camping the night I decided to start my business and a big white owl graced our campsite that night. Thus the name, White Owl Designs. It has nothing to do with painting or beads - which is a down side. But it is a continual reminder of my commitment and it is meaningful to me, and people like owls - so there is an upside. It stuck and I've used the name for years.

Good times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
GirlProps, Soho - NYC, New York
How to Do Your Highlights At Home
Celebrities Hair Stylist Ted Gibson Interview
Hair Style- Ted Gibson- Lela Rose- Fashion Week NY Fall 2010
Hair at Betsey Johnson - Fashion Week NY Fall 2010
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...