A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,921
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How did you come up with your brand name?  (Read 19082 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

handbaghannah83
Cooking and Scrapbooking= <3 LOVE <3

Dont just dream it.....Believe it!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2008 12:56:55 PM »

My friend and I came up with two names that we like.

JoBe

Tru Star

We are having a hard time choosing between the two. JoBe is the first two letters of each of our names. Tru Star is just because we thought that "everyone has a true star in them". So, what do you think??  Oh, i forgot to mention, we are going to be making handbags/totes and baby clothing and accessories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PugsPaper
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2008 09:59:38 PM »

My college friends and I used to call thing and people painful.  Not in terms of physical pain, but for levels of being annoying or aggravating. (It's hard to explain.) 

I somehow end up with the nickname paingirl.  (Yes, these were my friends.   Cheesy)  That name gotten shorten to PG.  PG then starting getting "pronounced" as pug.  Since I like pug's to begin with, Pug as been my nickname ever since. 

In all my ideas for business I always planned on using Pug.  Pug's Papercrafting was catching and a perfect fit.  My skill is completely on the paper side of crafting so the name will fit for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

------
Liz
sarah-the-strange

Socky-Poo eats you up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2009 12:48:41 AM »

little newbie me here with my first post! (how did I not know this place existed before! D: my life was seriously deprived)
but anyways...

My name LoveMeDeadLolita was from a Ludo song that I started listening to after breaking up with my first ex. XD it represented my view of the most perfect love/hate romance that was the ideal type of relationship for me, but obviously he not for him. It also represented my preferred style of the lolita clothing that I like to make-> the bitter romance between the idealization of youthful beauty (the lolita) and cruelty of death. (thus, gothic lolita)

so its not very original (I think a lot of ppls can be inspired by music/bands/etc for their name) but it can apply to alot of different things that I want to do with my craft~!

ah! such a long explanation... T_TU

« Last Edit: January 02, 2009 01:07:23 AM by sarah-the-strange » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Affordable & Adorable Gothic&Lolita accessories
www.lovemedeadlolita.com

DeviantArt
www.sarah-the-strange.deviantart.com
RaspberryStitches
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2009 12:49:00 PM »

It seems as though every project I've had to name, it somehow revolves around food (Raspberrystitches, Bananatron for example) I always try pairing words together, food, animals two words that are somewhat generic paired together often make for memorable names.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilxkat
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2009 12:50:08 AM »

Heheh, my first post too.  Smiley

My business name is officially Midian, but I also use Welcome To Midian. For most forums, I just use DevilxKat or Nikita though.

I've always been into horror, the supernatural, monsters and comics. I fell in love with the works of Clive Barker, his fiction and his films. But it was his novella Cabal, and later film adaptation Nightbreed that resonated with me.

It's all true. God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.  - Peloquin (Nightbreed)

To be able to fly? To be smoke? Or a wolf? To know the night and live in it forever. That's not so bad.  You call us monsters. But when you dream, you dream off lying and changing... and living without death. -Rachel (Nightbreed)

Lol. Also didn't help that I was (still am) a big Cradle of Filth fan. So when they released the album 'Midian' (referencing what author?!  Grin ) , it reinforced my attachment to the home of the 'Breed.  Good thing I still love 'em b/c it's kinda hard not to hear their song play in my head when I'm thinkin bout work.

Anyway, about 10 years ago, I started delving into the realm of anime and it too became a big part of my life.

In 2003, I decided that I wanted to open a store that catered to the fangirls/boys of horror, fantasy, anime, dark arts, tattoos, etc... so Midian was the logical choice for me.

Been over 6 years and I finally got my logo tattooed on my wrist. I don't plan on the name goin anywhere. =)

*Pardon my rambles*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ambermi

I'm on sewing overload!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2009 04:11:33 PM »

My clothing line's name is: "STACKED."

Came from the Commodores song "Brick House." Part of the chorus goes "The lady's STACKED, and that's a fact... ain't holdin nothin back!" That line describes me and the plus sized women I design for to a T!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2009 07:11:35 AM »

I'm using my own name, Amy Gaspard. I spent months tossing around ideas for business names and couldn't come up with something that I thought fit my business and myself, so I decided that I'd just use my name. It makes sense to me to do it that way. Painters and sculptors and other types of artists do it that way, so why don't I? Also, if I want to change what I'm selling in the future, I don't have to change my business name.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2009 02:38:19 PM »

I settled on whimsy&brimstone because it's eccentric and memorable but fairly general--I can shift the tone and focus of my crafts, and it'll still fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christinaX
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2009 07:40:36 PM »

I struggled with something that was personal, but not my full name, and also something that wouldn't hold me down, cause I like to craft BUNCHES of things. 

I picked CSuzyStudio because my first name is Christina, my middle name is Susan, but, haha, it's supposed to be Suzanne (Mom was hopped up on painkillers when I was born and doesn't remember putting Susan on the birth cert form, she swears it's supposed to be Suzanne! haha!)  And Studio cause deep down I would sell limbs to have my own full blown happy studio space, and not my closet, which is what I use as my "Studio" now.  Haha, putting studio in the name makes me feel accomplished and it gives me the drive that yes, one day I will have my studio!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loukr
Tutorial Contributor

Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle . .

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2009 07:31:09 AM »

Ooh what an interesting read!!

I'm just starting up an online boutique, called 'Jackdaw Boutique'.

I've been trying to come up with a unique but not chiche name for months now, and just couldnt think of anything decent, until I was clearing out some boxes the other day, came across a business card of my late gran, who used to own an antique shop called 'The Jackdaw Antiques' and there you have it, Jackdaw Boutique was born!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorials, features, bloggyness http://www.dearestjackdaw.com/

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use Architectural Desktop Network Tool Palattes Part 2
How to use Architectural Desktop - Wall Cleanup with XREFS
Architectural Desktop Wall Cleanup Merges and Joins
How to use Architectural Desktop ADT 2007 CURVED ROOF
How to use Architectural Desktop Wall Cleanup at Floor Lines
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...