A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How did you come up with your brand name?  (Read 17576 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xstillxherex72
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005 05:34:55 AM »

The Manhatten Baby Clique.

hahaha just that of that after I read that and I had to post it  Tongue

much love
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muchachaK
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005 09:30:01 PM »

Once upon a time I had a job where everybody spoke Spanish except for me.  They were teaching me the language and the name sort of happened...I've had that email name since then so when I decided on a biz name it was an easy choice--plus for some reason many of my non-Spanish speaking peeps call me Miss K so it all kinda translates into the same thing--muchacha K

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You need a handbag...  www.muchachak.com
april_cocaine
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005 11:02:47 AM »

i literally dreamed it...corny eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmccabe
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006 03:36:35 AM »

Awesome!

How do you guys come up with your brand names? I'm hoping to start my own shop and I can't think of a brand name.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006 06:28:52 AM »

Awesome!

How do you guys come up with your brand names? I'm hoping to start my own shop and I can't think of a brand name.

Thanks!

I used my name that way when I become HUGE like Calvin Klein or Ralph Lauren or Kate Spade I already have a brand name that will last for years and years!

I'm into positive thinking and thinking big can you tell?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

desidou
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006 09:25:17 AM »

It took me a while to come up with something that I liked. I didn't want to use my name since it's very hard to spell (I have an unusual first & last name).

I came up with "Creative Cajun" since I love to be creative and that can apply to many things, not just one craft. I am also from South Louisiana (I was born there, I've since moved) and I am proud to be of cajun descent.

What may help is to try some brainstorming. I started with a word in the center and then branched off into words that described me and who I was. Then you can decide to take one of those words and break it down into more detail. That's how I ended up with my name. I hope it's not too cheesy.

I can relate to your struggle - it took me many iterations to come up with mine. I wish you the best of luck in choosing your name!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like more details...

desidou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

desidou
-------------------------------------------
PM me if you're interested in a personal swap!
rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006 03:17:09 PM »

i came up with clever phrases, a long long list, then looked for which URLs were available and whether those phrases existed anywhere else on the internet, and *then* ran it by my friends.  you could, like i did, try to find an uncommon but euphonious phrase.  it will stick in people's heads and be uniquely you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katalina
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006 07:36:25 PM »

I wanted something short and cute, but not cutesy.  I also wanted it to be somewhat "personal" even if only I understand it.  My brand name is Carta Etc.  Carta is paper in Italian, and I love Italy and Italian culture (I visit the country, been studying the culture and history for years).  I also make mainly paper products on my website, but wanted to leave it open because I love to make all different kinds of things, hence the etc part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Redjln
Usually has paint on her hands

Go Down in Flames, only to rise from the ashes...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006 11:28:18 AM »

I am currently using my name for the sole proprietorship, however my domain name (and hopefully, eventually corporation's name) is JDx2.   

It was a lot of thought, and I went through name after name, kept feeling for the right one.  Which is why I went with using my name.  It wasn't until after I had done that, did I came up with it.  See, when I married my Hubby, I became a JD.   He was already JD so together we are JD times (x)2. 

Now I am trying to figure out if I should get that trademarked so I can put it on my work and it will always be known as mine.  But I need to research that more before I do that.

Later,
Jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my etsy shop: http://JDx2.etsy.com

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. - Albert Schweitzer
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006 05:18:37 PM »

I now use three. The latest is a stupid word joke actually and I use it for things that aren't sewn, but hand made. In swedish craft is called Handarbete, wich litterally means hand work, so the label became...
Swedish handjobs. Of course Smiley
The first one is All Fucked Up for sewn stuff and Tiny Monster for kids stuff.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009 10:22:43 AM by ewushka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Buy a Grill and Grilled Branzino Recipe
How to Make a Savory Bread Pudding
How to Boil Macaroni and Make Roux
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Holiday Party Appetizers - Boursin Bruschetta
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...