A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Home Decor/Housewares Craftalong  (Read 15929 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheenyweeny
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2005 01:09:34 PM »

okay forgive me for bein a total embroidery doofus - but what sort of stitch is that, it looks so good? whenever i embroider stuff, i only do chain stitches and complex knots cos that's what they taught me ten years ago at my girls only school run by nuns.

and jadey, i looove your mermaid, did you draw it yourself?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005 01:33:56 PM by sheenyweeny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is like a sandwich, the more u put into it, the better it becomes!

well behaved women rarely make history :p
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2005 09:09:10 PM »

Thanks! I did draw it, it's actually my business logo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2005 07:57:59 AM »

I LOVE THE APRON!!! it's so cool!

i have completed two crocheted kitchen cloths. i'll have to post a pick. they are plain janes..but i tend to be more on the practical side when it comes to crafts. now what to do for october!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
Chelsea
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2005 05:23:50 PM »

Thanks a lot everyone Smiley   The apron came out better than I was expecting, the little guys are so bright against the black, gives them even more life Smiley

My apron is done in split stitch, it's the easiest one I've found so far. It sometimes looks like chain stitch if you do it a certain way.  It's easier than others as far as keeping the lines straight...at least for me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2005 07:48:04 AM »

How is everyone doing?  I won't be participating this month, as the hubby & I semi-spontaneously decided to move next month. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2005 12:35:33 PM »

ok, first i need to post pics of my dishcloth and pot holder that i made for sept, then i need to pick an oct project...i'm thinking of some sort of incense holder since we use incense to control mosquitoes at our camp...so i'll let you know how i make out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
tofuttibreak
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2005 03:48:33 PM »

I waited until the last minute, again!
I just got my sewing machine back from
being serviced; maybe I'll try to make a
quick apron tonight...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spitbubbleluv
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2005 12:39:38 PM »

Okay sorry it took me so long to post.  I was hoping to get more done but my oilcloth I ordered to slipcover my chairs has still not arrived and my printer is acting funky so I wasn't able to make decals for my canisters.  So here's what I did make.

I painted champagne glasses.  This was loads of fun.  I was really afraid to start this project because I didn't want to screw up but I like them.  The striped one was a last minute thing because I was too lazy to make more stencils.  My hubby painted the green one and I painted the other ones.  

And potholders!  Which were recycled from my old curtains posted somewhere on here in the Interior Design section.  The stitching is awful and there was a lot of cursing.  But there done and I'm happy with them.  
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 03:17:10 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tilleda
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2005 03:41:41 PM »

Yes I am a newbie! (1st post) I love the glasses and potholders here. I really would like to be a part of this as well. I am late but in if it's ok?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colie
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2005 06:32:11 PM »

Oh my goodness you guys! I totally forgot to post what I made I feel like jerk. Ok here is what I made:

I know curtains weren't on the list, but that is what my kitchen was calling for. And please please ignore the malformed one on the right. I miscalculated i bit, so I need to make the border bigger to compensate. But right now.... no.

I had high hopes of finishing my attempt at stenciling on recleamied dishes (I can't remember who I stole this idea from, but she is a super talanted new designer who I LOVE and would love to support, but my wallet is just not ready for that. Does anyone know who I am talking about?), but so far no luck. I will definately keep you guys updated though.

For this month, since the theme is kinda "things that smell good" I might plant a fragrant indoor herb garden. I guess I will decorate the pots or something? Hmmm... I will let that idea germinate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Altmejd Profile
Vik Muniz - Artist Profile
Simon Fleming - Artist Profile
Artist Painter Viviana Giuliani
Fernando Daoliveira Profile
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...