A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Home Decor/Housewares Craftalong  (Read 16146 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2005 09:47:50 PM »

I is confused by this. >>

Well, speaking for myself, I tend to have grand crafting plans that fall by the wayside from sheer laziness. This way, we're all encouraging each other and holding each other accountable to get our crafting done.

You don't have to make everything the same as everyone else, as far as I'm concerned, part of the fun is in seeing how other people interpret things, but basically, we each make something each month, according to or based on the list in the first post. Then, we take photos and show them off in this thread.

I like it because I have a theme to inspire me, but it's not like swapping where I have to send something off into the world and pay for shipping. We get to make something for our own homes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tofuttibreak
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2005 10:44:52 PM »

I is confused by this. >>

Well, speaking for myself, I tend to have grand crafting plans that fall by the wayside from sheer laziness. This way, we're all encouraging each other and holding each other accountable to get our crafting done.
I like it because I have a theme to inspire me, but it's not like swapping where I have to send something off into the world and pay for shipping. We get to make something for our own homes.

I totally agree. I like having a theme and a timeline, otherwise I'll just put it off or start and never finish. I love planning my crafting projects, but sometimes I start and sort of...trail off. I think the craftalong will keep me excited because I'll see everyone else finishing their projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlonjourney
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2005 03:10:53 AM »

Okay, I keep coming back to this thread because I really really want to do it, so is it too late to get involved? I haven't done a craft-a-long before, but this one is perfect for me. Is it too late?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chelsea
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2005 07:15:29 PM »

I've only participated in one craftalong so far (the christmas one) and it's great that I had the motivation.  I would've never gotten into beading, or it would've taken a couple of years, but since the theme for this month called for something beaded, I got to make these awesome bookmarks.  I'm obsessed now, but I guess that's kinda good. 

Plus with this one, I'm going to finally finish the apron I've been wanting to embroider for two months now, and put some of my Aunt Martha patterns to good use on some dish towels. Smiley    It's a lot easier than a swap too, because even though most people are awesome, you never know if you're going to get stuck with a flake........and then I don't have to worry that if something comes up or if I get bored with the project, I'm not forced to finish it...the craftalongs just give you some much needed motivation.   Or if I end up making something really great that I can't part with, I don't have to  Smiley  heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tofuttibreak
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2005 10:26:37 PM »

I have some unused Aunt Martha's patterns, too. I'm hoping that this craftalong will finally force me to finish a whole set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colie
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2005 12:13:09 AM »

Ooooh, what a good idea! I already have a few projects along the lines of these started or in the scheming/ brainstorming stage, so this should definately keep me on track- count me in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2005 05:13:48 AM »

Ooh, I love Aunt Martha patterns, but you can't get them here in Aus. I'll be interested to see what you come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2005 05:17:49 AM »

ooh this sounds like fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
girlonjourney
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2005 07:40:56 AM »

Viciouskittie- I am doing this one too! Maybe we can craft together  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colie
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2005 09:18:31 AM »

Viciouskittie- I am doing this one too! Maybe we can craft together  Wink
awww, i wish i had a crafting friend.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Green Slime
How to Make Orange Slime
How to Make Yellow Slime
How to Make Red Slime
How to Make Pink Slime
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...