A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,079
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Home Decor/Housewares Craftalong  (Read 16874 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005 03:16:13 AM »

I love this idea. I want to make up some theme crafts for different rooms.

Magnets and towels, here I come.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NessaGurl
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005 05:32:20 AM »

i think this would be fun too...so how does a craftalong work? Would we just work on the projects and post (IN THIS THREAD?) them as we make them. Your making things for yourself is that correct? Just so I know...but anyhoo I could definitely make some new stuff for my house as we are neverending in the decoration department...did that make sense.

Anyways, if someone could just clarify a Craftalong better for me that would be great.

Thanks
Nessagurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
silencepainter
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005 07:54:02 AM »

What I really like is a lot of this was stuff I was wanting to do anyway, and now I have a schedule in which to try it all!  Cheesy

Lauren
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005 12:06:35 PM »

OOOH! I want to join along! i already have the magnets. dd and i made a bunch for christmas presents last year. so i'll work on towels.  can i crochet some rather than crossstitch? if not, that's cool. i can crossstitch too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
emcmillin
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005 07:27:08 PM »

NessaGurl:

Yup, we work on the same project(s) in the same month, then post the results in this thread.

And, yes, we are making them for ourselves. You can always make them for someone else you know, I reckon; however, this isn't a swap or anything among craftsters. Smiley

crappiefisher:

Do whatever your crafty mind comes up with. Crocheting towels sounds pretty neat to me.

txplumwine:

Those are some awesome ideas! I'm glad that all of you guys are here to come up with more ideas.

So, if anyone wants to make what txplumwine suggested, go right ahead. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005 07:30:42 PM by emcmillin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepineapple

Its a girl thang

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005 08:41:15 PM »

txplumwine?

And also, can we skip them if we cant sew or something? Like for the first one I am totaly in on the magnets but I wont be able to do anything with a hand towel.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005 01:31:43 AM »

I want to start NOW!!!

I'm not interested in making a sign, so I think I'm going to have two months where I do bathroom things and instead of candles (I'm not allowed fire) I might make soaps.

This is going to be fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emcmillin
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005 12:26:45 PM »

ilovepineapple:

You can skip anything that you can't do, or, if you have any other ideas, you can tell me and I'l add it to the list of stuf that people can make.

jadey_mcshadey:

Hehe, well, you could always start a project now, just don't post anythign about the project until the actual month that the project is in. Go right ahead and make soaps...the more creativity we have, the better, right?

ALSO, just so everyoneis aware, you only have to do ONE project per month, unless you want to do more. If there is more than one thing for a month, that's just so we have some different choices to work with.

And, if anyone has any other suggestions on things to make, please do tell. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silencepainter
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005 01:52:00 PM »

Okay I just spent a minute or so brainstorming some more ideas.  I tried to stay within your themes you had.

Sept -
Frosted glass wear, pot holders

Oct-
potpourri or herb pouches. Incense, incense holders

nov-
placemats, trays

dec - expanding on organizational tools ..... message boards (great for reminders or working out logic/math problems), dry erase calender, mail organizer.  Boxes (everyone loves decorated boxes)

Jan - if you don't like signs, what about general door decorations?  A picture, a wreath or something else fun.

Feb - heat pad, pillows

March - decorate vases, create fake flower arrangements

April - shower curtain rings, embroider or other wise decorate hand towels.  Make soaps/lotions/bath salts/oils.

May -
In case people wanted other options as there is already an organizational stuff month.  I tried to think up other things people could do.
Things for your walls/shelves - collages, picture frames, bookends

Things for your yard/porch (wish I had one!) - Plants, decorate citronella candles, windchimes, grill cover, out door seat cushions, little garden decorations.

But more on the kitchen organization - decorate sugar/flower canisters, utensil holders (like racks, or big jugs), recipe book/card holder. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ohsaysaysay
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005 02:24:15 PM »

I think this is an awesome idea as I am moving out on my own next year!! I totally want to do this?

Will you be sending out reminders?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Steak Seasoning at a Texas Ranch Steakhouse
How to Make Prosciutto Wrapped Game Hen
Easy Ways to Impress Your Holiday Dinner Guests
Roasted Chicken and Cauliflower Recipe
How to Make Old-Fashioned Porridge with Dried Fruit
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...