A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,497
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SUPER Swap!!! Sign ups CLOSED Send by 3 October  (Read 5146 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005 04:24:12 PM »

5 so far:)
craft_t_chic
Dragonmaid
IqJones
quincy134
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
remisica

Perception is a vicious cycle. Groar!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005 10:31:56 AM »

hey, the geekness in me is sooo excited! this is so uber cool. btw, does anime characters/series count? i mean the japanese sort. im a huge fan of inuyasha. *VERY embaressed grin*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look for me in the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree.
Quincy134
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005 10:10:44 PM »

I, too, was wondering if manga would count.  I'm not a huge fan myself, but I think overseas comics are cool in general, though I am not too familiar with them. 

And out of curiosity, what comic books do you folks read?  Do people have sub lists?  I'm just interested in getting a feel for our swap group. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shipleychick

Harry Potter and the Suicide Prevention Squad?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005 11:55:12 AM »

Oh, I'll sign up for this as soon as my current swap clears. It shouldn't be long now, I posted a while ago.

I can't wait, the Spiderman-lover in me is getting all excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snape ate my gaiter!
xxdaniellacoxx
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005 05:12:02 PM »

I really love the idea for this swap!!!!

I really love fashion illustrations, my favourite being Jason Brooks who is quite well known, would that qualify Huh  Grin

(maybe could be an idea for another swap!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonmaid
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005 05:41:19 PM »

I, too, was wondering if manga would count.  I'm not a huge fan myself, but I think overseas comics are cool in general, though I am not too familiar with them. 

And out of curiosity, what comic books do you folks read?  Do people have sub lists?  I'm just interested in getting a feel for our swap group. 

I was also wondering if Manga would count. And, to answer your question, I read a lot of comics, mostly Marvel(most X-Men titles, Ultimate Spider-man, She-Hulk before she was canceled Sad, Spider-Girl, A mini series called 1602 which is about what if the Marvel universe took place in the early 1600's, and most of the House of M tie-ins)  a little bit of DC,(Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go, Scooby-Doo, and the occasional Bat-Man) and some Manga(Yu-gi-oh!, One Piece, and Red Moon)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When life gives you lemons...throw them at people!"
"When life gives you lemons, hey, free lemons!"
"When life gives you lemon, make sour lemonade"
Quincy134
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005 08:35:39 AM »

I was also wondering if Manga would count. And, to answer your question, I read a lot of comics, mostly Marvel(most X-Men titles, Ultimate Spider-man, She-Hulk before she was canceled Sad, Spider-Girl, A mini series called 1602 which is about what if the Marvel universe took place in the early 1600's, and most of the House of M tie-ins)  a little bit of DC,(Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go, Scooby-Doo, and the occasional Bat-Man) and some Manga(Yu-gi-oh!, One Piece, and Red Moon)

Nice sub list.  I read mostly DC, though my boyfriend is a Marvel-leaner, so I end up reading a bunch of their books too.  My stack includes: Catwoman, Birds of Prey, Gotham Central, Green Arrow, the Losers (Vertigo), Sleeper (Wildstorm, but that ended), Astonishing X-Men (why can't you be released on a normal scheduel?), the Pulse, and Daredevil.  I have also been reading House of M (not all the the tie-ins) and I read 1602.  I tried Ultimate Spiderman through the first three trades, but it wasn't my bag.  My boyfriend still reads that pretty regularly. 

This swap is cool.  It's great that we are getting a mix of fans. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dragonmaid
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005 02:06:57 PM »

Nice sub list.  I read mostly DC, though my boyfriend is a Marvel-leaner, so I end up reading a bunch of their books too.  My stack includes: Catwoman, Birds of Prey, Gotham Central, Green Arrow, the Losers (Vertigo), Sleeper (Wildstorm, but that ended), Astonishing X-Men (why can't you be released on a normal scheduel?), the Pulse, and Daredevil.  I have also been reading House of M (not all the the tie-ins) and I read 1602.  I tried Ultimate Spiderman through the first three trades, but it wasn't my bag.  My boyfriend still reads that pretty regularly. 

This swap is cool.  It's great that we are getting a mix of fans. 

I don't buy all the House of M tie-ins (My wallet thanks me), I work at a comic shop, so I read comics when no customers are in
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When life gives you lemons...throw them at people!"
"When life gives you lemons, hey, free lemons!"
"When life gives you lemon, make sour lemonade"
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2005 12:45:31 PM »

Updated list:
craft_t_chic
Dragonmaid
IqJones
quincy134
grasshopper
KnittyMomma
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
grasshopper

Do you like me? Make an assessment.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005 01:11:10 PM »

Yay!!  I made the list!!!  Oh, and do Betty and Veronica count as comic book heroes?  They do get out of many a scrape with Archie, Jughead and the gang!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The time has come
The walrus said
To talk of many things-
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax-
Of cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set the Black Point to Match a Target
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Target Shadows and Highlights
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Restore an Image After Adjusting Levels
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Level Commands
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the 16 Bit Per Channel Space
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...