A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Underwear?  (Read 26708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2004 11:19:13 AM »

Loop NYC purses are gorgeous! Oooooo I want soem nowwwwwww, am gonna have to go and buy some cute girl's y-fronts to make some Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
diane lynn
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2004 12:22:59 PM »

size wise...maybe they would be best for knitting stuff....stitch holders, tapemeasures...that stuff....my size would hold more change than you could carry....

Diane
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CircusManager220
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2004 05:03:06 PM »

You can either:

(A) Give them to a friend as a gag gift
(2) Make Hats
(3) Put them all in a frame (sort of like a collage) and put them on your wall (I might do that now that I thought of it)
(D) Bring them to work, school, in your purse, and stuff like that, just in case you have an "accident."  Wink

ect ect
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Washable
DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2004 09:52:42 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks this would look totally cool instead of horribly weird? What if you sewed each pair down onto a different quilt square, then make it into a quilt?  You could even leave a part of some of them open, for like a pocket for the remote control or something.  Am I alone here? Which I'm ok with, cause you know, celebrate being weird.  Smiley
-Mer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bewitched

grab your glitter and your glue gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2004 07:05:52 AM »

i was just thinking the same thing! applique a pair onto a pillow and sew the legs closed. then you've got a pocket to hold whatever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cast your spell... bewitched bath & body
http://www.bewitchedbubbles.com
Xanthia

the goddess of hugs

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2004 04:10:53 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks this would look totally cool instead of horribly weird? What if you sewed each pair down onto a different quilt square, then make it into a quilt?  You could even leave a part of some of them open, for like a pocket for the remote control or something.  Am I alone here? Which I'm ok with, cause you know, celebrate being weird.  Smiley
-Mer

No, that would be cool, PLUS, you already know they are washable Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

breeknee
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2004 05:44:14 PM »

I have a couple ideas!
-Soak the panties in fabric stiffener or a mixture of 1/2 white glue (or mod podge) and 1/2 water. Depending on the size, choose something round like a balloon, basket ball, tennis ball (teehee) etc. and put the soaked undies on them. After they dry you can add a few coats of shiny spray coat and even glitter (i recommend clear) and then remove. Then you can staple them to the wall in a grouping like a collage, like one pair then put a frame around it, or you can put them on the wall upside down over a sconce light as a lampshade. Make sure the bulb is low wattage though.
-Put fabric over the leg holes then fill with stuffing and sew up the top, instant pillows!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverBamboo

"Don't dream it... Be It."

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2004 01:57:25 AM »

I just realized a nice, lacy little pair would make an interesting curtain tieback, or several pairs could make a one of a kind valance...

...but I keep thinking you could sew them over a pair of seamless pantyhose and stuff them... which would make them... I don't know what it would make them, but it's gotta have possibilities... Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make something beautiful.
susank
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2004 03:11:42 PM »

I love DithMer's idea, and had a similar one... How about putting them over pillows?  You might have to sew pillows to fit, but then you'd pull the panties over, and it would be a fun[ny] decoration on both front and back.  You'd only have to tack down the top/waist.  Then you'd have matching panty-pillows to go with your panty quilt.

--susan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flyhunnie7

too cool for the room

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2004 08:43:04 PM »

i was thinking you could make a patchwork kind of quilt with ur undies but if you don't have enough you could make a pillow. it would be a little strange puttting things that were on your butt on your face, but it would be super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leftist.feminist.activist.journalist.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A New Family Saga from Bestselling Author Garth Stein
Jhumpa Lahiri on Her Writing Process
The New Yorker Gets Refreshed
Geoff Dyer Talks with Rebecca Mead
The Dark Side of Modern Fiction
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...