A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Underwear?  (Read 26339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftypixie

opinions were like kittins, I was giving them away

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2003 09:09:24 PM »

Queen ofIndiana I love the purple purse it's very chic.

I  love the bra purses and how easy! I'm just thinking of all the crazy bras target has on clearance
woohoo! new ideas for X-mas gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2003 11:41:30 AM »

I think sewing the cups together with an opening at the top would be a cool idea, and using the straps as handles? it's not very clear in my mind, but I'm sure you can imagine it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
Goddess
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2003 08:06:04 PM »

Just a thought, and it's not too terribly crafty, but you may want to consider donating them to a cancer charity in your area...what they do is when women have mastectomies, they will fill one cup, or the other with a falsie that the woman can wear until she can have reconstructive surgery....

but I am locvng those tramp lamps, cracked me up reminded me of the leg lamp in a christmas story
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thixle
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2004 12:01:33 AM »

Ok, so we have what to do with old bras, condoms, nursing pads, and tampon art....

So... What about undies? And by that I mean the panties that I bought, but never wore because they didn't/ will never fit.  Grin I would give them away, but no one wants "used" (even though they weren't) panties!...

Here is my deal, I made a New Years Resolution that I wouldn't buy anymore, until I weeded out my extensive collection (I've got about 25 pairs in the "what do I do?" pile). They range from thong to full-butt... I'm a lil 'un, so there really isn't much fabric to work with. Styles from lacy to playful to plain. But, they were sooo cute when I bought them and I don't want to give ALL of them up!

So, what to do? Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ishtar
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2004 05:26:00 AM »

I've saved a cool logo from the front of a pair of pants with the idea that I'll use it as a patch on a t-shirt or a bag or something.

You could always use all the tiny scraps to make a crazy patchwork cushion for your boudoir.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peanut
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2004 06:27:27 AM »

If they've got some lovely fabric or cutesey designs on them, you could disassemble the front piece from the back.  Then you could use that front panel on a pillow, purse, quilt....some cheeky fun stuff for your girlfriends.  Or you could sew up the edges and make little panty pillows.

If the fabric is lacey, you could use it to make some little sachets with some homemade potpourri inside.

You might be able to use the plain fabric pieces in a patchwork way.

With the stringy bits of the thongs, you could maybe somehow create hair bands, bracelets, etc.  This is assuming that they may not be instantly recognized as underwear bits if they are separated from the structure of the undies.

edited to add:  looks like ishtar and I were on the same page with the patchwork as we typed our replies at the same time! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004 06:28:36 AM by peanut » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Semper in faecibus sumum, sole profundum variat.
creatingme
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2004 07:46:36 AM »

How about a change purse?  Sew up the legs and put a zipper or velcro at the waist.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
thixle
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2004 01:44:18 PM »

creatingme-- that is the cutest idea ever! A panty change purse! aaawww
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missy
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2004 02:26:29 PM »

haha loop nyc sells underwear change purses, they call it the "briefcase" how cute!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazy_bout_you11
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2004 03:27:45 PM »

one of my guy friends always takes the undies that don't fit me or that i don't like and hangs them in is room and bathroom. like on his fan and bed posts and from the bathroom medicine cabinent. it's supposed to make it look like he's getting some. Roll Eyes but i love the change purse idea. it would be even cuter with like toddler undies, but then you would probly have to go buy some. i guess if you take a pair of yours and sew the legs together, it could be like one of those clutch purses. but i am so going to have to try it!

eta:: david and goliath also has a make-up bag out of undies. you could probly do this if you found some type of plastic to put on the inside.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004 03:29:22 PM by crazy_bout_you11 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Try a Glossy Eye And Matte Lip Look!
Inside the Beauty Closet: Kool Aid Lipstain
Aubrey Plaza Cosmo Dor Latinas Cover Shoot
NYFW Behind the Scenes: Makeup Trends
Celebrity Home Beauty Treatments
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...