A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Underwear?  (Read 26433 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brodyarms

oink oink pig face!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2004 04:26:37 PM »

Try this:
http://www.getcrafty.com/read/craft/features/tshirtunderwear/index.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2004 11:59:28 AM »

I have yet to use the actual fabric part, but I've done headbands with the straps, and I've been using the underwire parts (the ones that pop out making the bra unusable/uncomfortable)-- Sometimes I give them a coat of paint, string 2 together, one a few inches above the next, & use them as a base for mobiles. I did two for Halloween last year-- 1 with ghosts & 1 with bats. People loved them, & no one knew.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
susank
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2004 01:45:41 PM »

I salvage my old ones for parts-- the fabric from the cups is great for applique (I don't have any padded or lined, but that would probly work even better), and the straps and findings are super useful for Random Sewing Stuff (RSS).  

I also keep some of the better findings for when I someday sew my own damn bra.  Please nobody hold their breath on that one (I'd love to see someone else's pics, who's done it!).

--susan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thixle
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2004 02:26:50 PM »

Here is what I made from my undies! This is a horrid photo, but... It is a bag to hold my "feminine supplies." I made two crazy quilt squares, then sewed them onto fabric and made the bag-- a la Jordy's messenger bag tutorial! (but without the strap because it will stay in my bathroom cabinet)

I only used my blue undies, so I still have more to use!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissRoo
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2004 05:10:26 PM »

Ooooh, that's such a pretty bag, thixle (and I just love crazy quilts)! Great use of undies! I don't think you should just keep it in your bathroom cabinet! Parade it around town! Cheesy
How big is it? Can it fit inside your purse?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thixle
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2004 08:31:31 PM »

Oh, MissRoo-- I should have said it's for the storage of my supplies... It's about 10 inches tall and 13 inches wide (big enough for a sizeable purse or book sack). Anyway, it now holds my *new* cloth pads and my extra disposables.

And, my bathroom cabinet is see-through, so anyone privileged enough to use my potty will see it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wasabipeasrule

Nuffin' but muffins

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2004 03:02:47 PM »

OK, it would be pretty cool if you wanted to be extreme, because you could kind of make a big sculpture out of them. You know this crazy modern art stuff. Sells for millions.  Wink  Otherwise, if your mind is as warped as mine, you go to the nearest art museum and when no one's looking, put the bras onto naked statues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Um, hi everyone, I'm sarah, and I'm a craftaholic...
thixle
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2004 05:22:12 PM »

Ok, I took MissRoo's advice (again, lol) and made a smaller, matching bag to carry around. Here are the 2 undie bags, with my iron to show the size! The little bag was pretty hard to do because it just barely fit over my sewing machine "arm" thing.

Good sides:

Not-so-good sides:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissRoo
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2004 06:43:29 PM »

Excellent, thixle!! Now you can show off your undies when you're out and about! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayray
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2004 10:09:39 AM »

The little bag was pretty hard to do because it just barely fit over my sewing machine "arm" thing.

Wow these turned out to be so pretty!  Nice color scheme :)  Hey if you are ever sewing something tiny like that again, and it won't fit over your sewing machine arm, sew it the other way... how can I describe this...  Ok imagine the bag is right side out.  If you shove it over the arm and sew it, you'll be sewing on the right side.  Ok so imagine, instead, having the foot of the machine on the INSIDE of the bag.  Then the circle of the bag's mouth is kind of up in the air and doesn't have to fit over anything. And you can sew the tiniest things that way, if you have the patience, heh.

Darn I wish I hadn't thrown out all that flowery underwear that didn't fit right!

Kara
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://kayray.org/

Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Envelope
How to Make a 2 Cup Pencil Holder
How to Fold an Origami Pencil Cup
How to Create Covers for CDs and DVDs
How to Fold an Origami Bow-Tie
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...