A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: scrapbook for boyfriend  (Read 3065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elissamichelle

i'm happy just because.

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2005 03:34:31 PM »

ok so i'm all ready to start this scrapbook for my boyfriend and our one year anniversary.  the problem is that i have no idea where to start.  i want to put quotes in it. quotes from our favorite songs and quotes from books.  i have a good amount but i need more.  i don't want quotes about love that are all mushy.  that's just not my style.  i just want quotes that make you go, "wow, i wish i could think like that."  i'll give you an example of a quote i really like:

Have you ever like...Had that thing, that one thing that made you happy. The one thing in life you wouldn't ever let go of. Not for anything. Not for anyone. It's amazing. It's horrible. It creates. It destroys. It's life. It's death. It's everything in-between.

i hope that gives you an idea of what i'm looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snlfreak83
Hemp Kitty Art

The Crafty Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005 11:33:11 PM »

You can probably look up quotes online. I like to use quotes from my favorite songs that remind me of my boyfriend. I'm currently working on a scrapbook for my own personal satisfaction of my boyfriend and I. My goal is to make one for each year we've been together. I'm on book 2. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a crafty kid. I just can't help myself.
Stripesandsmiles
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005 12:13:54 AM »

Have you written anything?  quotes from songs are good.  quotes from authors and good.  but I would prefer that my lover use her own words.  Whether or not they were the most eloquent or not.  What about foreign language quotes?  They may be more beautiful in message and visually.  Have you looked at anything by Rainer Maria Rilke?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
love_me

it's better to be looked over than overlooked

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005 08:36:23 PM »

well, since you said mushy isn't your style...try quotes from some of your favorite movies. not necessarily lovey quotes, but just really funny ones. for instance, i too have a boyfriend scrapbook. well, we love the movie anchorman. so i just found a few pictures from the movie and the quotes that made us laugh the hardest. that way, it reminds you of good times that you two have had, and shows that the simplest things, like watching movies, is special because it's with him. or any inside jokes you two have or special memories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if wishes were horses, i'd own a ranch
if wishes were carbon monoxide gas, i'd be dead
snlfreak83
Hemp Kitty Art

The Crafty Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005 11:20:06 PM »

yes! funny movie quotes sound good to me....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a crafty kid. I just can't help myself.
miss brianne

I'm addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005 12:17:56 PM »

I am making a scrapbook for my boyfriend only it is of our trip to europe. Try journaling. Put in pictures of something you have done together and write a little blurb about it. Then when you look at it opens the floodgates to all those memories and you can talk about it for hours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PappyCat
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005 09:39:32 AM »

My favorites:

"Two men looked out through prison bars. One saw mud, the other stars." Oscar Wilde

The moment may be temporary, but the memory is forever!

Enjoy the little things. One day you may look back and realize . . . they were the big things.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Gandhi

I was too busy lighting Candles to curse the darkness.

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength." St. Francis of Sales

"There are moments when everything goes well; don't be frightened, it won't last." Jules Renard

People will forget what you say; People will gorget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.

"Always go to the bathroom when you have a chance." King George V

The greatest gift I could ever give you would be to see yourself through my eyes.

"We could learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and all are different colors . . . but they all have to learn to live in the same box."

"You are a piece to the puzzle of someone else's life. You may never know where you fit, but others will fill the holes in their lives with pieces of you."

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brownsugar13
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006 11:00:42 AM »

not only quotes....but hav you thought about adding poetry??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Save the Workspace Settings in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Change the Workspace Color in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Different Color Spaces in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Optimize the Color Setting in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Setup Preferences in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...