A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My grandmonther is turning 90!  (Read 891 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2005 01:24:57 PM »

At the end of September, my grandmother is turning 90 and we are having a TON of family members come into town to celebrate.  We have a dinner set up at a local restaraunt, but need ideas for gifts and party favors, decorations, etc.  So, she was born in 1915 and the restaraunt is Victorian themed decorated.  We have decided to find a picture of her with each family member and have him/her write in a scrapbook a memory to be included with the picture.  We just need some more ideas.......help!!!

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005 06:43:49 PM »

Slideshow of your grandmas....90 years. WOW! I have a great grandma and she is 87. Maybe you could have 90 balooons....i dont know. I dont have much. If i think of anything else, I'll let you know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005 07:00:13 PM »

Slideshow - that might be interesting!  I like the balloons idea, I know the kids would go nuts!  Thanks for the ideas, I'm still trying to think of more - 90 is a big milestone so we really want to make it over the top!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005 09:35:04 PM »

Yea, Good luck and I hope it all goes well! On the invites maybe have a pic of your grandma when she was little and then on the inside have a pic of her now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005 05:21:43 AM »

Well, so far I've come up with a gift.  My grandmother is in a wheelchair and cannot do a lot, she has hand tremors as well.  There are only so many books out there and she doesn't read all that much.  She does like to sit out on her front porch and enjoy the fresh air.  With that in mind, I found some windchime parts at a craft store and then the B (for her last name).  I have to admit, I did not paint her last name on it - they did that at the store where I bought it.  Anyway, my mom thinks my grandmother will love it.  Let me know what you think!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011 03:05:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005 12:02:20 PM »

Perdy. . .

Just did my Grandma's 80th last month and was incharge of decorations. . .so here are a few ideas:

We had a photo of Grandma when she was 19 in black and white and I made keychains with formica samples (nail polish to 'glue' the pictures on)  we also put this in cardboard picture frames from the craft store.

Had a color theme of lavendar (anything purple) so we bought votives, stufed animals, and little dectotive bowels and put a glass purple pebles N' feeder goldfish.   

In the bathroom we did votives and lavendar spa bags (leftover from Christmas)

Had fun looking for purple things at yard sales and 2nd hand stores.  Found a rope doll, stuffed animal's (great grandkids loved thoes), purple themed pictures and a few books.

You could make little note pads to take home http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=722.0
using a picture of her or a themed card pack (gives you a front and back for the note pad).  I used gift cards for one set I just made and another set with pictures with recycled cardboard for backing (cardboard from the pizza we ate. . .)  Binder clips and rulers worked well for the clamping device and I used puzzle glue for the binding. . .

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005 05:48:32 PM »

wat bout 90 candles lit? sounds like a fire hazard i know, but if u had different ppl light little tealights (cheap) it would be specail for her to hear how much everyone loves her and it would show how long and meaning full her life has been with all those candles lite jsut for her... now im not saying 90 different ppl lite a candle, but if u had that many, that would be great, as long as ppl held their speeches short n sweet, so the ceremony doesnt drag, lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Skies with Oil Paints
How to Paint on a Canvas with Oil Paints
How to Paint Trees Using Oil Paints
How to Paint Landscapes with Oil Paints
How to Clean Old Paintings Without Damaging Them
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...