A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Shops in Turkey (Istanbul-Bursa)  (Read 9158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CocoChanel
« on: August 07, 2005 01:50:18 AM »

Hi everyone,

Im so excited , I will be going to Turkey in a few days.. aaaaaw!!

Since where I live currently, there is not that much of craft materials, if there is it will be very expensive ...

What craft materials i am looking for are

- fabric that stretches for sewing clothes
- cotton fabric for quilts(bed covering)
- fabric paint
- yarns and needles

Also if you can tell me of shop that sells Antique film cameras

I will be visiting Istanbul, Bursa, and Yalova....
I just CANT WAIT!!!!!!

Hope someone helps!! teskkur ederim Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005 02:26:10 AM »

Hello there.

I don't know anything about Bursa and Yalova but I can help you about Istanbul.. Here we go,

Unkapanı IMC Carsısı: This is the place where most of the fabric sellers has shops and it has quite fair prices. It is a big building complex with lots of shops, I bet you can find lots of nice things..

Eminn: In this town you can find anything you want. It has several different streets based on different kind of products. Such as in Mercan Yokuşu and akmakılar you can find lots of notions such as ribbons, needles, seatbelts (colorful and funky) and lots of lots of things. They sell wholesale but they are willing to help you and even if you buy wholesale (for example you cannot buy 2 meter of ribbon you need to buy whole roll..) their prices very very cheap.. you can find magnetic snaps, every kind of snaps and buttons very cheaply on this streets.. Also in this street there is several fabric sellers. big yarn market (Kurkcu Han) of Istanbul is in Mahmutpasa in Eminonu, it is also very cheap and you can find lots of different yarns and needles and such.. Also Eminonu is a place where you can find your fabric paints, distrubutors are  in this town..

Fatih Carsamba Pazarı: this is a weekly market where you can find lots of remnant fabric and also they sell rolls of fabric. remnants are very cheap and thier size are varies.. even when you want to buy fabric out of a roll it is not that expensive. (the stands for the fabric sellers are in the end of the bazaar..)

Kadikoy: there are several antique shops in Kadikoy and I saw many of them selling cameras and it is highly probable to find what you looking for..

Ahh a side note, I never been in Bursa but I heard that Bursa is known with it's special fabrics.. I recommend you to check them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CocoChanel
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005 03:04:48 AM »

COK COK tessekur edrim tinybits !

these are definatly very usefull information for me.. I will try to stack up as much as i can over there..

also i read in other threads about (tote painting) , is it coloring a bag? and how can i get it? does it come with colors or what?
also  where I can find handbag handles.. wooden and plastic...

and about the Derya Gibi Show,, on which channel and what time.. .... well i will see if i have the time Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 11, 2005 03:44:45 AM by CocoChanel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005 08:42:12 AM »

tote painting is actually is painting the wooden things like trays, coffe tables little accessories.. it is very popular in here... they do it with acrylic paint and you can find wooden things to paint almost everywhere...

you can find wooden and plastic handles from Eminn..

I don't watch Derya Gibi, i dont think she is creative, and she talks too much.. anyway her show is on Tv8, i checked the website and they say weekdays at 17.30

Also there is one place for beautiful ribbons, lace, trims, buttons, handbag handles and lots of lots of little things in Pangalti... It is between bus stop and metro station (hmm hard to tell whic side of the road... well when you take a bus from taksim if you drop off the bus stop, it is the bus stop i mention.. you will see handbags and trims hanging outside, go in there,there are couple of shops and you will be amuse..

hope this things help...

i would love to guide you but  i am taking off to portugal at the end of this month...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chutes to narrow

i have to push the pram a lot...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005 11:08:47 PM »

i don't live in turkey (but i am from there) so i don't really know the shops very well, but i know there is usually a carsamba pazar and a cuma pazar. there you can find a bunch of cool stuff. i don't think this really helped you, but o well. hope you have a nice trip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Lab TV: Eric White
Dela: Live Art Painter With An Environmental Message
Aaron Axelrod: The Making of the "Bad Reception" Art Installation
How to Draw Rito Yuuki
Oil Painting For Beginners
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...