A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gummi Bear Charm Bracelet  (Read 26346 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artzyfartzy
« on: August 27, 2003 05:02:49 AM »

Gummi Bear Charm Bracelet!
http://images.snapfish.com/3384%253B%253B%253B523232%257Ffp3%253B%253Dot%253E2324%253D383%253D655%253Dxroqdf%253E2323437898593ot1lsi

I made this bracelet with real gummi bears and silver artistic wire...i made all the jump rings and clasps 'n all.. if this doesn't suit your fancy -- any link style bracelet should work.

I let the bears get nice 'n stale (about 2months)..and then I dipped them in Polyurethane and let them dry a few hours (* i repeated this step twice)

TIP: get a foam square and some extra wire.. stick a piece of wire into the gummy's head before dipping.. after dipping.. insert the wire into the foams square (now the gummy bear will be upside down)..

this helps make drying less messy...! and you will also get a nice even coverage this way!

after they are dried ..just remove the wire from the head and you now have a hole on top of the head.

use eyepins (or make them yourself with wire)..and insert them into the head with some crazy glue. Now the little bears are instant charms you can attach to your bracelet!

....really simple project...hope I explained it oK! ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011 09:15:06 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

artzyfartzy
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003 05:20:51 AM »

that is so sweet!!! >>my candy crazy daughter would probably try 'n eat it<<

yeah i can relate w/ya there! i've been into making yummy soaps (creamsicle, oatmeal cookie, etc. smelling kinds)...and my daughter has been tempted to try 'n sneak a lick... knowing they are soap!! yikes that kid... but at least I know I'm right on the button when getting the soaps smelling right!!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 04:00:00 PM by 1062345600 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sincerelyme

Tell the truth & run. - Yugoslovian proverb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003 07:22:26 PM »

Your bracelet is lovely. Very nicely put together. One day I will play with gummy bears.

sincerely me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherry Cola

Do crafts not drugs!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003 05:47:42 PM »

OMG, that is such a cute bracelet. Thanks for posting the pics too  Smiley I made a bracelet out of copper wire, that is almost identical to the base of your bracelet... *twins seperated at birth?*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask him if he likes fondue and macram.
artzyfartzy
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003 06:08:36 PM »

hmmmmm i always wanted a sister... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherry Cola

Do crafts not drugs!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003 06:49:43 PM »

hmmmmm i always wanted a sister... Grin

lol, it seems we're a bit off in the age department however.. you having children, and myself being in high school...  Grin

- Cherry
p.s. I love your site! The turtles are great  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask him if he likes fondue and macram.
artzyfartzy
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003 07:15:39 PM »

AW! one child! just one!.. and i had her kinda young  Wink Ur making me feel old! ..yeah i guess i'm getting up there.  (28) but we're as old as we feel right?! i can try 'n believe that  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artzyfartzy
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2003 11:15:28 AM »

Wow Beeosh i never knew your hubby 'n you differed in age.  thats cool i think.  love doesn't know age.  My husband is younger than me --he's 23.  and LOVES that he is! that stinker is always making jokes that he loves older women 'n such.  we're *only* five frickin years apart  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

comfits
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003 05:26:36 PM »

Okay--I just can't resist barging in on your guys' conversation now--for the perfect opportunity to pick on artzyFARTzy again  Wink

I'm 26 & my husband is 4 years older than me.  It's so much fun teasing him about how old he is!  So, I have to side w/ artzyfartzy's husband & agree that she is old  Grin

Oh, I know, someday I'll be 28, too.  I'd better be quiet while I'm ahead, huh!

Artzyfartzy is right--you're only as old as you feel.  (but i'm still younger--oops, i did it again)

BTW, if they only made gummi turtles, we'd be set!!

Bye girls!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003 05:28:12 PM by comfits » THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2003 05:33:54 PM »

i cracked up reading this post comfits.  I couldnt resist and had to tell my husband 'bout it.  ( i must be a sucker for getting picked on?!) i'm asking for it telling him 'bout this thread =)

turtle gummi's ..!!!! wouldn't that be the best?  ...i'm going to do a search - ya never know whatcha find on the net!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw The Powerpuff Girls
How to Draw Sonic the Hedgehog
How to Draw Super Mario
How to Draw Sulley and Mike from Monster University Movie
How to Draw a Tortoise
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...