A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading is Sexy Swap Gallery!  (Read 11246 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChtzpahGrrl
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2005 10:54:32 PM »

Hey shuffar, I'm really glad you liked all your stuff.  I have to admit, though, that I can't take full credit for the tote bag.  I crocheted the yarn around the handles, but I bought the bag at Michael's.  I'm glad you liked the Remembrall - I am trying to perfect my lampworking technique!

This swap was awesome; Thanks, Meow!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2005 06:41:32 AM »

That firebolt broomstick pencil is AWESOME.
And ChtzpahGrrl, I think I'm in love with your pug (but I'm sure you hear that all the time).
.....okay, so we haven't officially met, so it may be just a crush. Be still my heart!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
gink
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2005 07:49:52 AM »

Starsix- I'm really glad that you liked everything, but especially glad that you didn't think that I had denigrated a book to make you a secret hiding space for booze! I scoured the thrift shops for one with a title that was somewhat sexy, and finally found "La Folie D'une Femme Seduite" which roughly translates to "The folly of a seduced woman". It made me giggle.

I'm really impressed with all the things that people have made. I think this might be the best swap I've been in so far. Three cheers for librarians!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheEverFalling

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2005 02:50:49 PM »

Wow, I came home today (silly libraries opened on saturdays!) to find one of the best packages i've ever received in a swap from Lucid501! I'll post pictures a bit later when I can get some batteries for my camera, but I wanted to post what I got:

A book log with this pretty watercolor-y background and cute yellow stars on the cover. How'd she know I loved stars so much? It's so very Eric Carle, who is one of my all-time favorite children's authors. *is in love*

Bookmarks from a comic strip I'd never heard of called Unshelved that are really funny. I love online comics! I'm so excited about this new library one! They have a really pretty striped backing too.

A whole ton of book plates with Tori Amos on them that are so pretty.

A lot of notecards with reading quotes on the front. My favorite is "Book: a GARDEN carried in a pocket" with this pretty yellow daisy on the front.

Thank you SO MUCH, Lucid 501!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That doesn't make sense to me. But then again, you are very small."~Treebeard
cerulean
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2005 04:40:41 PM »

I'm posting what I sent Qtykyuuko since the DC# of the package I sent her shows that it arrived on Monday, so I'm going to assume that she's received it. Ooo, but I had a lot of fun making her things. I went a bit photo-crazy....

Bookmark book tote (just big enough to fit a couple paperbacks and some other small items)

there's even bookmarks on the sides!

A paperback book cover that serves 2 purposes: disguising racy covers of romance novels & protecting them from food stains while Qtkyuuko reads them during lunch

A handy little pouch for storing a library card & for those times when she's looking for a non-fiction book

And the rest of the goodies:
 -beaded paper rose book thong that matches the long rose earrings I made Qtkyuuko for the Earring Binge Swap (I felt it sort of fit the whole romance novel/Reading is Sexy theme too)

Since she really likes anything Japanese:
 -a painted metal fan bookmark from Japan (my friend studied abroad there and brought me back goodies!)
 -3 sheets of origami paper (also from Japan, they can be used for bookplates or anything that Qtkyuuko wants, I just didn't want to cut them w/o a good finished project in mind)
-origami clip-on bookmark made from another sheet of the origami paper & a large paper clip
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005 08:59:29 PM by cerulean » THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2005 11:03:21 PM »

A handy little pouch for storing a library card & for those times when she's looking for a non-ficition book

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH THAT IS THE COOLEST THING IN THE WORLD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2005 01:49:33 AM »

Omg, those are awesome cerulean o_O

The metal fan bookmark looks like one of those thingies you're supposed to hang from your cellphone Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Sweetttart3

Tea and Cake or Death

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2005 08:39:26 PM »

I love the bookmark bag. Genius!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn the man, Save the Empire!

http://www.wists.com/Sweetttart3

I wanna personal swap!
mllejessy
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2005 08:20:58 AM »

TheEverFallin, I'm sure you've figured this out by now, but you can actually have Unshelved emailed to you every day.
Yes, I'm that obsessed with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2005 05:14:49 PM »

I received a very cute package from fancyshmancy the other day

I received...

a read journal and some fun lacy bow hair clippys

A book cover purse

and a skirt that has "read my hips embroidered on it"

thanks so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Magical Granny Squares
Squeeze and Solitude - AHEC and RCA Collaboration
Pumpkin Carving Ideas and Techniques
How to Use Everyday Items to Protect Book Covers
How to Make an Art Smock
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...