A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading is Sexy Swap Gallery!  (Read 10966 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redpopsicles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005 12:14:47 PM »

I got my stuff from hollis 77 today!  It's awesome!  I got a clutch purse made from a hardback book, 2 great bookmarks, and a white tshirt that says "I heart Kilgore Trout."  I will post pics soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Meow Wont Purr

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005 01:19:11 PM »

Okay guys, here's an update.
I sent out an email Sunday asking those I had not heard from to PM me back and update me.
So far, I still need to hear from Qtkyuuko and FancyShmancy. I've given them negative feedback until I do.
Kat, have you had contact with Fancy since you last updated me? I don't know whether to worry about her or not. She has not been online since the 13th.
Also, I've since sent Qtkyuuko two emails and have had no response. Cerulean has not heard from her, either. She has been online since I've sent the notes, too.
So, I'd like to see if any of you wonderful ladies would be able to come up with something? We may need one or two packages. Depending on how many people are interested in being swap angels, we may need them to do maybe one or two small items and I can have two or three angels send to each.
What do you guys think? This swap is otherwise going really well. I don't really know how long I should wait to hear from these two before I start accepting angels to intervene.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
StarSix
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005 05:14:20 PM »

I'd be willing to help out.  Just let me know what I can do and who I can send to!   I'd give them a day or two, and if you still haven't heard from them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not Beethoven, but it sure bounces!

~ The Aristocats
FancyShmancy

smoke. drink. craft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005 06:17:05 PM »

Okay guys, here's an update.
I sent out an email Sunday asking those I had not heard from to PM me back and update me.
So far, I still need to hear from Qtkyuuko and FancyShmancy. I've given them negative feedback until I do.
Kat, have you had contact with Fancy since you last updated me? I don't know whether to worry about her or not. She has not been online since the 13th.
Also, I've since sent Qtkyuuko two emails and have had no response. Cerulean has not heard from her, either. She has been online since I've sent the notes, too.
So, I'd like to see if any of you wonderful ladies would be able to come up with something? We may need one or two packages. Depending on how many people are interested in being swap angels, we may need them to do maybe one or two small items and I can have two or three angels send to each.
What do you guys think? This swap is otherwise going really well. I don't really know how long I should wait to hear from these two before I start accepting angels to intervene.

i'm so sorry! i mainly use the internet at work, and i had the weekend plus monday and tuesday off for my birthday, so i haven't been able to check mail or anything!  i messaged Kat about sending a little late, and i totally should have copied the message to you! my mistake! 

but, i did send out on monday the 15th, so Kat should be getting her stuff really soon!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

seriously? like, seriously.
TheEverFalling

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005 07:16:47 PM »

If you need a swap angel for Cerulean, I'd be more than willing to do it! Great admirerer of her work, doncha know  Wink I'm glad the FancyShmancy thing has worked out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That doesn't make sense to me. But then again, you are very small."~Treebeard
FancyShmancy

smoke. drink. craft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005 08:15:29 PM »

If you need a swap angel for Cerulean, I'd be more than willing to do it! Great admirerer of her work, doncha know  Wink I'm glad the FancyShmancy thing has worked out!

me too! i feel so bad for causing such a ruckus!  i really need to get my own internet back and not rely on using my internet at work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seriously? like, seriously.
The Meow Wont Purr

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2005 08:37:19 PM »

I got replies from both participants I was concerned about ----YEAYYYYY!!!!
I pretty much jumped up and did a jig. A small one, mind you, since there isn't much floorspace in my room right now, but it was definitely a jig.
So, for now, we're in the clear. I'm so happy that you guys were able to jump back in.  Yeay!!

Okay, everyone, please let me know when you have sent. I'll probably start checking in again in the next few days with those of us who are sending late, just to make sure everything is okay.
I really hope nobody is afraid of asking for help if they need it? I know that this is a hard swap for a bunch of us and I am very understanding.

And just to reiterate: YEAYYY!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
cerulean
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2005 11:47:16 PM »

Yay! I'm glad that everything seems like it should work out.

I got home today to find a flat rate priority mail box waiting for me and got all excited...until I opened it to find the circuits textbook that I bought for next semester (bleh). Reading this thread made me happy enough to compensate for the unfufilled anticipation though!

Thanks to TheEverFalling, StarSix, and FancySchmancy for volunteering to be swap angels. I quite appreciate it, though I'm glad that angels won't need to be called in  Smiley.  Seriously, people like you are why I love craftster so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pretendpeterpan
You sunk my scrabbleship!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005 07:00:43 AM »

Grin Grin Grin I got my stuff from Sweetttart3 yesterday and it totally made my week... I've been going through a rough breakup and this cheered me up like woah! She made the cutest stuff, I'll post pics soon. Included in the package:
    -the cutest tote bag which is blue and has a lining fabric of bookworms, and has a special little card holder for a library card or, as she suggested, "very flat snacks"  Cheesy
    -bookmarks which are adorable- one with cat eye glasses, one that says "adventure mystery", and my favorite is denim with fabric and buttons. You should sell those, missy! Adorable!
   -A wall hanging that says "reading is sexy"
   -a necklace that says "Librarians are sexy" which I'm wearing right now
   -a button that says "reading is sexy"
   -some tea for cuddling up with a good book!

I am so touched that she took the time to make this stuff, it is so me! I'm working on getting back into my ex's to send her stuff, and she has been nothing but super understanding and sweet. Luckiest swap partner ever = me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you wist upon a star...

I'm currently lusting over bird's nest necklaces and jewelry in general. Personal swap partners sought! :-)

My etsy: www.treasuregnome.e tsy.com
mllejessy
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2005 02:16:33 PM »

Here's the stuff I sent Stopmoshun.  Sorry about the quality of the pics--I'm still getting used to this camera.
This is the book I made.  I forget who I got the idea from, but someone on the paper/book recycling board made a blank book by glueing paper over text.  This used to be a picture book called The Twelve Dancing Princesses.

This is the magnet that says "If the Bookmobile's Rocking" on a background from an old green and blue whaley raincoat.

a card from a cheesy thrifted romance novel and an envelope from Eloise

and the shirt, which, in my opinion, is the best of the bunch

(this was actually my first stencilling attempt)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander
Afterlives of the Dead and Famous
Recovery Story: Burned, Blinded, and Blessed
Let the Sky Fall Trailer
The Life of John Hay, from Lincoln to Roosevelt
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...