A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CAPRISUN Wallets [TUTORIAL!]  (Read 47697 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

so-aesthetic
C o l l e e n

Live with no excuses, love with no regrets.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2005 03:04:07 PM »

A lot of people know be by my creative Caprisun Bags & WALLETS! Some people have encouraged me to create a tutorial so you can make one yourself! Be sure to credit me if you make Caprisun bags or wallets and show them off!! This tutorial is 100% made by me, and very original. If you've become a master at this and want to make a tutorial too, please don't copy my tutorial... write one yourself! Have fun!

This is a simple Caprisun wallet that is different from a normal wallet lol, has 2 pockets but i guess you can always add more! lol

*Making Caprisun Wallets are very fast & easy... it's a good start first, than the bag. They are usually 4"x4" in size. Here's mine below:

Materials:
~A clear space to work on
~3 empty & rinsed clean & dry Caprisun or (or other juice pouches)
~Thick transparent packaging tape... I use the Scotch Tear-by-hand brand
~Sissors
~Velcro with sticky backing -around 2" in length OR zipper (I suggest velcro if you don't know how to sew on zippers!)

Instructions:
1. Gather all your materials and be sure the empty juice pouches are clean & rinsed. Smiley
2. Tape all the straw-holes & sticky parts (the sticky part where the straw is usually stuck to), so that no extra juice from inside comes out, and the sticky part doesn't get uh.. sticky. =P
3. Next, tape two of the caprisuns together, and so that it overlaps a bit like this (tape it front & back):

4. Take those two and turn it over to the back. Then tape the 3rd empty juice pouch and tape it to the middle like this on one side, overlapping about less than an inch. (front & back)

5. Turn it back over to the back, and fold it down (the pouch you just taped in the middle), and do the same thing with the other side so that it's kinda tucked it... ya know? Just look at these pics:

6. Now take the right flap and fold it over the the left and tape the sides down, so u have pockets now.

7. Then fold the left, last, flap down, but DON'T tape it down! lol. Fold the end of it up about half an inch, so it kinda has a silver lining to it, and tape THAT. See...

8. Almost done! Now just stick on the velcro on the button of the flap, and on the part of the pocket like so....

9. And you're done!! Easy as that! -Haha.. in only 9 steps! Not even 10! lol

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're the same."
alohaxxbeautie

I heart Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005 09:32:39 AM »

sUpEr CoOl!!!!    I love it so much!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bathroomSTall
bathroomSTall

Whoo hoo!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005 11:20:35 AM »

This is GREAT!!!!
So cool!
The best thing about this project is it kind of gives you ideas about building on to it... you know like maybe adding a window or using a bunch of packets and making a bag.
Does that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hmm... Thinking of something to put here...
that_random_girl
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005 11:26:25 AM »

wow thats amazing! i know a few friends who willl be getting these for christmas...
thank you so much for the great tutorial!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005 11:27:59 AM by that_random_girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

and you've been so many places, I guess it must be so...
kityeyes
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006 10:22:11 AM »

OMG i love this...this is so cool...and helps give me ideas to make wallets even with just fabric...nifty..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing a Media Card For Your DSLR Camera
Eliminate Background Chaos
Panning For Motion
Photography Tips - The Advantages of Auto ISO
How to Do Beauty Pageant Pictures
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...