A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,914
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [TUTORIAL!] My CAPRISUN Bags! XD  (Read 46649 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

so-aesthetic
C o l l e e n

Live with no excuses, love with no regrets.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2005 02:09:09 PM »

I make Caprisun bags, Koolaid bags, and other juice pouch bags lol! I get a lot of comments even by people I don't even know O.o I want to show off mine here and show you an old tutorial I've written! XD (You can don't have to follow the tutorial exactly, this is kinda old and I don't really use a staple anymore or too much tape! lol you can sew certain parts of the bag too! Wink

Some of my bags:

^(Has a zipper!)

Tutorial (for the last Caprisun bag shown above):
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Materials:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/colleenroxas2/cbtut1.jpg
~A clear space to work on
~10 empty & rinsed clean & dry Caprisun or (or other juice pouches)
~Thick transparent packaging tape... I use the Scotch Tear-by-hand brand
~Sissors
~Stapler
~Velcro with sticky backing -around 2" in length OR zipper (I suggest velcro if you don't know how to sew on zippers!) OR just regular velcro that's not sticky and you sew it on lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions:
1. Rinse your juice pouches if they're not cleaned yet! It's important you want them clean or else after a while, a rat or bugs can go after your bag! As long as they are rinsed clean, all will be well, trust me. Smiley
2. Start off by cutting little pieces of tape and taping close the holes where the straw gets inserted, and the sticky part where the straw was once stuck on.
3. Next, carefully tape 6 of the caprisun bags together, so that they are link as in the picture below. These are the sides of the bag. Be sure to tape the front and back of the bags. *As you place the tape down, gently smoothen it has you stick it on to prevent air bubbles, bumps, and lumps! Also, overlap them a little on that little 1/4" edge of the Caprisun... you know that little fold-line on the side???

4. Now you got to make creasing folds to create that rectangle shape of the bag. Make the creases for the bag for every 2 caprisuns to make that shape. Then, tape the 1st and 6th caprisun together (front and back) to hold that rectangle shape like so:

5. Now for the bottom. Ok, first take on Caprisun and cut it in half. You can throw out the other half. Then take another one and tape that on the one you just cut in half, making sure when you tape it together (front size and back), it is approximately the same width as your bag. If you made the bottom too long, just trim it.

6. Now here's the hard part!! It's hard to explain this part a little, coz I used to have trouble here, but here goes. Take that bottom you just did and carefully tape it to the bottom of the rectangle as so, slightly overlapping about 1/4" (w/ that little side of the caprisun you know? ..yeah...) Do it inside & outside, you definately need to make sure there is a good amount of tape here coz your stuff might fall through the bottom! We don't want that happening! Edits/adds: If you want sew the bottom part AND tape it for more security.

tehe... my caprisun is a bit wrinkly!

7. Tape the other side the same way too, inside and out, and also the little sides, (inside and out). I don't really know how to describe it except well, just carefully tape it smoothly. If you feel that the bootom of your bag is insecure, and not stable, just add more tape I guess. Yeah, I know... this part is kinda complicated.

8. It should so far look like this:

9. Next, we make the straps of the bag! This is pretty simple. First, take the last two whole caprisuns and cut them in half ('hotdog' style), and in half again, so you would have 4 long pieces from one caprisun. Try to make them even in width. You may need to rinse & dry these again if juice blurps out! You should have a total of 8 pieces. Although, you will only need 6! You can discard the extra two.

10. Put two pieces aside, for you will only need 6, unless you want a longer strap, but it looks better with only 3 for each strap! Now, tape them together as so, so that it kind of 'laminates' them together. Basically, roll out a long piece of tape and carefully place 3 straps on it together and fold the tape to sides. Like so:

11. Do this for the other 3 straps and it should look like this:

12. Next, take the straps and tape it to the inside of the bag, inside and outside.

Almost done!

13. Now, take your 2" piece of velcro, and take off the peel, and stick it in the inside-center of your bag, so you can close & reclose your bag! Use a stapler and staple them on as well, so after a long time, the velcro won't unstick or peel off your bag. Edits: OR sew on the velcro Wink (but use a non-sticky velcro backing so your needle doesn't get all sticky! lol)

15. Btw, staple your straps too, so your straps will never fall off your bag either! Edits: OR SEW IT and tape it!
16. And, that's that! You're done! Wasn't that FUN? Go show off your bag to people!

If you have any questions please ask! ^^
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010 01:20:29 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're the same."
Judi-withanI
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006 06:35:51 AM »

Excellent job on the bags AND the tutorial!  Being aboe to make a wonderful tutorial like that is a creative gift too!  TFS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006 03:15:56 PM »

very creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
riotgirl329
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006 02:33:13 PM »

ah, thanks so much! I've been looking for a tutorial for these bags...looks easier than buying it off eBay  Grin

How do you empty them without ruining the bag? Do you just poke the white hole and squeeze it out through there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evildeadgirl
I walk the line between Good and Evil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006 03:46:48 PM »

Ive been trying to figure out how to make these and the Kool Aid bags for ever!! Thank you sooo much!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She thought she had the moon in her pocket. But now she's dead, she's so dead..forever dead and lovely now.

Personal Swap friendly, pm me!!

http://www.myspace.com/evildeadgirl6
http://www.wists.com/evildeadgirl
_chittybangbang
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006 06:29:35 PM »

those bags make me thirsty..I think i am going to add capri sun to my shopping list  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Underhill940

Gilmore Girls, Coffee, and Crafting..life is good.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007 02:52:18 PM »

haha thats so neat! I've been making these for years but I've always sewn it together. I was even able to sell some!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Stephanie
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

http://underhill940.blogspot.com/ <-- my crochet blog
www.wists.com/Underhill940 <-- yes I wist my own crafts hehe
Fairy Princess
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007 02:56:00 PM »

I've seen these before! I've always wanted one, now I can make it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Auta i lome! Aure entuluva!
danaisradxcore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007 05:11:40 PM »

i got one of these as a gift and was always wondering how they were made... thanks for the tut... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheLilCrocheter
Crochet Dork :P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007 08:23:35 AM »

ooh this is awesome it's definately something i have to try i don't really get step #5 but watever i can make it up Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you can complain because roses have thorns or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.

You can't be on TOP if all you do is sit on your BOTTOM

Ipod Cozy Swap : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=200883.msg2135687#msg2135687
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Gâteau Millasson
How to Upgrade Your Chocolate Cake Box Mix
How to Make Grilled Peaches With Pecan Nuts
Make This Apple Cider Cake with Your Kids
Caramel-Mascarpone Apple Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...