A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pleated kitty skirt :D TUTORIAL  (Read 89806 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CatyX
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2005 03:59:00 AM »

If theres anything you wanted that you really couldn't find I'd be happy to have a look and see if I could find it to post down to you- same goes for anyone else who doesn't live near a hobbycraft!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dusk
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005 09:35:26 AM »

wow! thanks for the nice words everyone!

I found the cat fabric at the John Lewis in Welwyn Garden City if anyone's interested... But it's really annoying that not all JL's have a haberdashery  Sad and it is a little expensive sometimes. I really love the market in St. Alban's though... they have really useful, sometimes pretty fabrics and the prices are nices  Wink

But yes, I love cats. I wear this with a t-shirt with painted paw prints on. And cat earrings. And when I grow up I want to be a cat.  Tongue

I've put up a tutorial for the skirt now... if you've any comments (i.e. improvements) please do  Smiley or if anyone ever uses it I'd reeally love to see the pictures Cheesy

love you!
dusk*xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not evil, just drawn that way!"
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006 08:16:34 PM »

awww its cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Shortstuff411

Yarn Frog Princess and sometime Knittin' Kitten

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006 10:27:01 AM »

Now, you realise you've gone and done it now.... I wanted a skirt pattern from JL, but now I'll have to go and check out the fabrics too!!!  Roll Eyes

Lovely material, nice skirt!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have...
*Nicola*
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006 10:31:58 AM »

That fabric is amazing! I'm going to use this tutorial to make one out of some postman pat fabric I've had laying around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mostly Harmless
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010 04:35:46 AM »

I really like this skirt so I thought I'd have a go but I can't seem to get past the first step!
The tutorial says that for the front piece you need half your waist measurement plus 80cm plus 3cm for seam allowance but my waist measurement is 68cm (which isn't huge, I've got to say) and the standard width metre of fabric I've got is about 5cm too narrow for those measurements to work out.
I'm pretty new to sewing and haven't ever sewn a garment before - am I making some sort of mistake reading the tute or is dusk just rather tiny? My mum reckons I should just fudge around a bit with the width of the pleats or something, does anybody else have any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book
A Little Birdie Told Me
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Butternut Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...