A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what would -you- pay for a monster purse?  (Read 2782 times)
Tags for this thread: monster  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: August 04, 2005 09:28:07 AM »

I know there are a lot of purses out there that are either ridiculously expensive or incredibly cheap. How they get that way, I don't know. But here's my question anyways.

I've been starting to seriously think about selling my monster purses, like creating a name, label, website, etc.. for it. And I know a lot of crafters would love me for it if I did. One problem: How much would you pay for something like this?

I know a posted a tutorial for it and everything but I'm still thinking about selling them. I can't right at the moment because I don't have a sewing machine, but once my mom buys me one, I get a job where I can buy my own fabric, and school starts ((use their sewing machines, fabric, thread, HA!)), then I'd sell them.

So yeah, what would you pay for a monster purse by me?

what inspires you ?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005 09:58:41 AM »

You need a handbag...  www.muchachak.com
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005 10:00:30 AM »

25 euro's. I guess that's about 30 dollar?

Put your hay on the ground and your sexy legs in the air! You have the right to remain wheeking for pellets!

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005 10:27:20 AM »

Yeah I'd agree with the 30 dollar assessment...

someplace like Hot Topic would LOVE these...but I don't know if they deal with local sellers or not.

Other ideas for places to sell "hands on" as opposed to online would be a spot in the mall, specialty shops, or even local craft shows and open air markets/starving artist fairs.

They are truly awesome, I wish you the best of luck!

Also,another thing that would be uber-cute would be little change purses to match made of a tiny monster...one the big monster could have eaten Cheesy

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.etsy.com Thanks Smiley
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005 11:14:21 AM »

$30 seems like a good price, plus a bit of shipping and handling.

I know Hot Topic would want them, we have one here. but I don't believe they take local sellers. Which kind of sucks. But we do have a lot of specialty shops, so I'll definitly look into that. But probably the main business would be directly from a website. And maybe craftster users will get a discount.  Wink

I was thinking about the change purse idea, or even a folding wallet. I ordered a bunch of swatches from distinctivefabrics.com, so I'm going to see if I can make one or two using them.

what inspires you ?
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005 11:17:18 AM »

If it were lined nicely probably 30 - 40 dollars.  No lining, 20 - 30.

Don't just do it based on "how much would you pay" though.  You have to take into consideration cost of supplies, labour (determine an hourly wage for yourself and include that in the price), and wear and tear on your machine (when/if you get one).  Don't forget to leave room for profit!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005 04:18:48 AM »

id buy one. if it wasn't off the internet maybe 25-35 dollars it depend on a l ot of things like how big it is and other stuff. Smiley
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005 05:24:49 PM »

I would charge $35-$40, though it totally depends on materials and time... You could always start around there and then slowly raise the price depending on sales. That bag is soo cute!!

http://www.hollypopshop.com - unique handmade totes and accessories

Miss Mary
http://myspace.com/missmary - stripped-down 60s pop with a garage-rock attitude
crochet hooker12
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005 05:27:58 PM »

I think I would pay $30 if that included the shipping.

"Mowing your lawn is against nature!" Rufus' response to Rev. Sheldon's comment about homosexuality being against nature
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005 06:33:09 PM »

id pay up to 50, thats mostly cuz i cant sew...so id pay more of something i could make.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Show and Tell: DIY Face Scrub
Metallic Pop Nail Art At Home
How to Amp Your Blush and Highlighter Game
Makeup Primers 101
Ace the 3-Minute Face
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...