A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
787 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sinfully Vegan Cookbook  (Read 2602 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GummiSteph
« on: April 08, 2004 01:28:38 PM »

Does anyone have this cookbook?  I have made a few things and they have been awesome.  I want to know what recipe makes the thing on the cover...does anyone know??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glitterbug

Glitter is in my blood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004 10:13:49 PM »

Looks like chocolate beetroot cake to me...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

femmie, artsy, pinko, commie, hippie geek
http://55bisous.typepad.com
GummiSteph
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004 06:26:39 AM »

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GummiSteph
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004 07:35:20 PM »

I couldn't find that recipe in the book..is it called a different name or anything?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starmeg
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004 03:14:04 PM »

I have been hoping to come across someone who has this book so I could ask a couple of questions - hope you don't mind!

does it use a lot of liquid sweeteners?  like maple syrup and rice syrup and corn syrup (I'm sure you get the picture, sorry).  and does it use much sugar-type stuff?

the reason I'm asking is that maple syrup etc. is really really expensive where I live (it doesn't grow here) and I want to get that book but I don't want to end up with another vegan cookbook that I can't really use...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
GummiSteph
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004 08:06:10 AM »

Yes, a lot of the recipes call for a lot of maple syrup.  I understand, I live in Texas, there aren't any maple syrup farms near me!! Actually I bought this book after going vegan, and I love desserts so I tried a few recipes.  Actually both recipes I made weren't any good, so my advice would be to hold off on buying this book unless you find it for really cheap.  Are you looking for a cookbook for just vegan desserts or just a vegan cookbook.  If you want a vegan cookbook and you don't have them already, I highly highly recommend How it All Vegan and Garden of Vegan by Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard.  I've made a lt of breads and desserts from those books and they always come out delicious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ForevrBee
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004 08:49:32 AM »

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken but are you the same Steph who runs the Pleasant Unicorn distro & the Cheap Vegan Zine? Again If your not who I think you are, All Apologies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
starmeg
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004 12:46:49 PM »

GummiSteph you kick ass.  thanks for saving me some money there.

I am vegan, and I love desserts, and I am addicted to cookbooks.  (do I sound like I'm in AA or something?)  and while I understand the maple syrup thing I think that if I'm having a piece of cake I don't really care if it's sugar or what (no bone char, though, thanks).

yay for vegan craft ladies (and gentlemen)!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GummiSteph
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004 10:30:50 AM »

Hey, Forevr Bee, I'm not the Steph you are thinking of, but if it helps, I wish I owned a cool business!  Hehe, anyways, no need to apologize for asking if I'm someone you know.  Starmeg- I'm also a vegan addicted to desserts and baking!  Go us!  Maybe there should be an AA for people like me who are addicted to chocolate (vegan chocolate of course...teehee) Tongue  Where do you live?  You should sooo check out the message boards at www.GoVegan.net if you haven't already.  Go to the website and then click on "chatroom" on the left side of the screen, although its a message board, not a chatroom.  Anyway, hope to see you there, and if not you should e-mail me! I'd love to have a crafty vegan dessert makin' pen pal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ForevrBee
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004 03:19:04 PM »

I'm not really a vegan (I consider myself vegiatarian although I do eat some forms of meat), but I do like to experiment with what I eat & latley i've bought a lot of "vegan things & tried new things for the first time, like seitan the other day (I sware it tastes just like sausage!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Cranberry Sauce
Artichoke Chicken With Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Sauteed Chicken With Mushroom Sauce Recipe
How to Cut Apart a Whole Chicken
How to Carve a Thanksgiving Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Favorite Vegan Recipes
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...