A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vow Renewal Help  (Read 1342 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rype

i want you to know, i'm a rainbow too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005 12:08:12 PM »

That's a great idea!  I wanted to do it too, but my cousin and his wealthy fiance are having alot of flowery things at their wedding just two weeks before mine!  They even had their "save the dates" overlaid paper with wildflower seeds embedded in it.  Nichols Seeds sells different seed mixes for weddings.  http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/store/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=106&mscssid=7CHGGPLRTQ859KH6NXRR1T2S1CV64VB0

BTW annuals bloom only once, biennials bloom every other and perienials bloom every years.  I won't go into the latin Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005 04:34:02 PM »

Yeah, Rype, when you said that I had to go back and re-read my post, and of course I mispoke.  Although, technically, the terms only refer to the life cycle of a plant, and while it is generally understood that plants available at nursery that are defined as Annuals will have to be replaced the following year, it's really only because they don't tend to go to seed or go to seed in a viable way.  There are many wild flowers that are annuals, but they go to seed and new plants come up the next year.  Bad me, though.  (Don't worry, I took 2 years of latin, so you don't need to go into it for me, but perhaps reminding me to review my posts before posting them would be a good idea. Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Rype

i want you to know, i'm a rainbow too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005 05:35:26 PM »

Yeah, now I feel like a jerk.  I only wrote it so people who didn't know anything wouldn't be confused.

Also I should've elaborated on the feather thing.  Tied to the quill would be a slip of paper with the verse or date or whatever.  Another idea I had was to spraypaint acorns gold, and write on them.  Or make my own version of those river rocks with the design etched into them.  I'd just be able to stamp them and then maybe spray sealant over them. 

I really don't want the favor to be something that will just be junk in people's houses though.  Just yesterday I went to a bridal shower and the favor was hand sewed felt flowers, on scewers stabbed into foam which was cover in green crinkly paper and in a terra cotta pot.  Adorable?  Yes, but now I've got it home and what do I do with it?  So I think that your mini book idea is gold LittleNecy.  Don't mean to hijack your thread. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005 06:18:59 PM »

It's too bad that feather place doesn't have any albino peacock feathers.  My aunt had an albino peacock, and those feathers are to DIE for.  They're all white or cream, but anywhere there is irridescence on a regular peacock, it shows up GOLD on the albinos.  SO pretty.  I'm sure there's something besides just a feather, something useful.  What about making them into quill pens?  It's really easy.  You just cut the point of the feather at an angle, roughly 45 degrees, then cut a notch in the pointed bit.  You could include a tiny bottle of ink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
littlenecy
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005 07:37:37 PM »

Also I should've elaborated on the feather thing.  Tied to the quill would be a slip of paper with the verse or date or whatever.  Another idea I had was to spraypaint acorns gold, and write on them.  Or make my own version of those river rocks with the design etched into them.  I'd just be able to stamp them and then maybe spray sealant over them. 

I really don't want the favor to be something that will just be junk in people's houses though.  Just yesterday I went to a bridal shower and the favor was hand sewed felt flowers, on scewers stabbed into foam which was cover in green crinkly paper and in a terra cotta pot.  Adorable?  Yes, but now I've got it home and what do I do with it?  So I think that your mini book idea is gold LittleNecy.  Don't mean to hijack your thread. 

Thanks, Rype - I appreciate that... But don't worry about it -  I just wanted to show you guys that the reason I didn't jump on the wildflower suggestion because I made these for my sil's wedding just over a year ago:

The little vellum 'envelope' is filled with wildflower seeds. [In case you're wondering, the spots all over the card is the seeds leaking out of the holes after a move. I should have glued the bow on! Hindsight is 20/20. Grin]

Besides,we were married 10 years ago with all the trimmings... We're having a renewal because for 6 of those 10 years, my husband worked out of town and we didn't have much of a marriage... To make a long story short, now we all live under one roof & are doing swimmingly! So a recommitment ceremony just seemed appropriate...

I like your feather idea - and the acorn idea - and the river rock idea!
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005 04:43:38 PM »

Howzabout a river rock refrigerator magnet (like those WONDERFUL glass marble refrigerator magnet)Huh
Packaged nicely it would be different, attractive and representative of those earlier vows (Like A Rock!).
No writing, just a smooth stone. They're available in all kinds of colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Black Women and Their Hair
Try This Different Take on the Braid
Hair Tips: Customizing Your Curling Iron
2012 Emmy Awards Hairstyle Trends
How to Style Brunette Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...