A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vow Renewal Help  (Read 1354 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlenecy
« on: August 02, 2005 07:07:03 PM »

We are renewing (reaffirming) our vows on the September Long Weekend and I'm attempting to brainstorm an idea for a hand-crafted "favor." I'm not even sure favor is the word I'm looking for! Just a token of our day, I guess...

This is a very small, informal event involving ourselves, our 3 kidlets, and immediate family. Got any ideas? I'm open!

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rype

i want you to know, i'm a rainbow too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005 09:35:28 AM »

I've been thinking about this a lot and I have no answers for you!  It's very diffacult.  I'm also planning a vow renwal and just decided on feathers as the favor.  But that's kind of weird.  I want to write the date on something, but what date?  The origional wedding date, or the renewal date? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlenecy
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005 09:53:22 AM »

I've been thinking about this a lot and I have no answers for you!  It's very diffacult.  I'm also planning a vow renwal and just decided on feathers as the favor.  But that's kind of weird.  I want to write the date on something, but what date?  The origional wedding date, or the renewal date? 

May I ask why you're giving out feathers? I'm very curious! Whatever you write on I would write the renewal date... But that's just me! Smiley

I am having the worst time with this -anything I think is more of a Wedding Favor...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rype

i want you to know, i'm a rainbow too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005 08:41:53 PM »

Well, because I like feathers!  And this place http://www.featherplace.com has cheap ones.  Like a peacock eye feather is only .22 cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KnittyMomma

28 Her children arise and call her blessed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005 01:36:30 AM »

this is so not even crafty but my husband and I are also planning our renewal (we had a very cheap, very fast, very pregnant first wedding so 2 years later we're going back and doing it right.) and we're planning on doing customized M&M's. Friends of ours recently renewed their vows and gave out mini-scrapbooks that were printed from their computer of their 10 years together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knittymomma.blogspot.com

Proverbs 31:28-29

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
       her husband also, and he praises her:
29 "Many women do noble things,
       but you surpass them all."
littlenecy
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005 07:57:48 PM »

Rype, your feathers are a very unique idea & I can most definitely appreciate that!

Knitty Momma thanks for adding your ideas,  too!  Smiley

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005 07:30:56 PM »

Well, since the theme of the event is renewal, what about something like flower seed packets in something you especially like?  Maybe make sure they're annuals, so they'll come back ever year.  Tie them up with ribbon in whatever color theme you might be thinking of.  If you wanted to get more involved, and since you're doing this for a small group, maybe make a little container kit, with a pretty pot and soil to fill, and maybe a little watering can?

Since it's the end of the season, you can even get your supplies on clearance.  Cheesy  Some people might call that "cheap" but I call it "thrifty" and / or "good timing."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
littlenecy
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005 08:03:05 PM »

Well, since the theme of the event is renewal, what about something like flower seed packets in something you especially like?  Maybe make sure they're annuals, so they'll come back ever year.  Tie them up with ribbon in whatever color theme you might be thinking of.  If you wanted to get more involved, and since you're doing this for a small group, maybe make a little container kit, with a pretty pot and soil to fill, and maybe a little watering can?

Since it's the end of the season, you can even get your supplies on clearance.  Cheesy  Some people might call that "cheap" but I call it "thrifty" and / or "good timing."

This is a good idea, too!  Grin What I was thinking of today was making an accordion fold book and paste in a collage of pictures - notes we've written each other over the years, a copy of our original invitation/napkin, etc... But then for the last page I could incorporate the flower seed packets (because I do like that idea - it's very me! lol) in a pocket with a note saying "plant this in celebration of...yadda, yadda, yadda..." Kind of like a mini fancier altered art book style thing...

Does that make sense to anyone else? Sometimes it's easier to see the idea in my head to explain it to someone else!

I'll have to work on it... Let me know what you think...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KnittyMomma

28 Her children arise and call her blessed

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005 08:53:48 PM »

i think i'm gonna have to steal that idea and make it my own! hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knittymomma.blogspot.com

Proverbs 31:28-29

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
       her husband also, and he praises her:
29 "Many women do noble things,
       but you surpass them all."
McJulie-O
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005 09:55:02 AM »

I'm like Lady Bird Johnson in that I love wildflowers. They speak of renewal and new life to me, and when my daughter got married with a theme of Growing Together in Life, she gave as favors little packets of wildflower seeds that she had custom mixed for our climate (she printed a verse and instructions on labels that stuck on each side of the little envelopes).

You can buy wildflower seeds from Wildseed Farms http://www.wildseedfarms.com/  and they market already mixed blends suitable for all over the country. Where we live, you plant the seeds in the fall, and her wedding was in August. Many guests commented later how their wildflowers were flourishing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pillow Cover
How to Make a Wallet Out of Fabric
How to Make Basic Embroidery Designs
How to Attach Sequins to Clothes
How to Attach a Coat Button
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...