A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,516
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My country doesn't have that!!  (Read 22947 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

corduroy cat
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2005 02:10:03 PM »

I'm doing the second round of this swap right now. Does anyone have any suggestions about which shipping method to use. My package will going Oklahoma-Finland. I was looking at the USPS site and thought I might try a Global Priority Envelope (or two). The flat rate is $9 worldwide. Has anyone used this? Was it any good?
my husband swears that global priority is a rip-off, but i think it tends to get the package there about 3-4 days earlier than normal airmail. so if you need to save the money, just send it normal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jan_on_ice

oh how i wish i was a fish...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2005 03:33:54 PM »

Thank you for posting a picture!   Grin Cheesy  I love it all! I have the kiwi on the cell phone, the chocolate is all gone  Cheesy , my boys took the stickers and the beads are being put to use!   Grin  Thank you jan_on_ice!  (if there was a hug smiliey I would put it here!   Wink )

Heehee, you're very welcome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
lady4feet
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2005 08:58:09 PM »

So imagine my surprise when I received a second package from littleoddforest today. It made my morning that's for sure. Here's more goodies I got from Singapore from left to right well kind of. Excuse the snowman sheets I'm kind of early this year.
The black fabric is just that fabric, it's so pretty. The gold thing is a jewelery holder it's funny cause I was thinking about making one of these last week or so. Good thing I didn't, lol. There is a little owl key chain, he's so cute! A gold elephant keychain and a very pretty butterfly barrette. The green things are coasters, I've also been needing some of these, lol. In the top right is a card that has a very pretty floral design. And the last thing is a small purse. I think they have some cool name but I can't remember right now.
I tried to get a better picture of the key chains but my camera is being a turd.
Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykate
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2005 03:44:26 PM »

I finally have a functioning digital camera. Here's the great stuff I got from moominvalley in Singapore.
Fabric, ribbon, postcards, mechanical pencil, yarn.

Felt pouch kit. No pic of the actual pouch. Sorry, it's already being well loved by my coworkers 4 yr old daughter. I loved making it though!

A tiny teddy!

my favorite postcard. I had no idea hamster neglect was a problem in Singapore. The image of the crying kid in the green hamster suit is so sad and strange.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005 04:14:16 PM by craftykate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2005 03:47:56 PM »

Hey, update: The damned post office was closed.  I swear.  I hate them.  Grr.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2005 03:05:01 AM »

haha that hampster thing is awesome!!! i want one! not a hampster! the picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
corduroy cat
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2005 03:49:55 AM »

wow a hampster neglect postcard, totally bizarre! i'm picturing packs of renegade hampsters looting pet stores and holding parakeets hostage and such. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2005 01:15:18 PM »

I've sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2005 12:16:17 AM »

So I got my package from Lrschic yestereday morning !!!!  Grin Look what she sent !!!

First, 2 balls of the yarn I wanted from this swap (so basically that's the only thing I expected... ) PLUS  the fall issue of Vogue knitting !!! Living in France (and being a passionate knitter)  I can't buy those mags and yarn, so I'm really super happy !!

AND then she sent all these goodies too !!

cajun spice (my husband loves it, and we don't have it here..), and some jerky (Yum !!), candies (I think I already ate all the watermelon poppiong candies.. even my one-year-old tasted some !!) , and a cute kitty purse, and lots of stickers and local stuff (she even wrote all these little comments on everything, I had the best time reading them !!! Grin  ), and a cute little notepad (still with comments of where it comes from etc...!!) and some star-stickers..

AND (yeah, still more !!)

This big "street cleanup" sign, very funny, I think I may find a place for it in the bathroom (you know, the "no parking " thing..   Wink ), and the comics pages from local newspaper, and a very nice frame with a quilted balloon (actually made from real vintage Kentucky quilts "beyond restoration". + it's one of my secret dream to fly in an air-balloon one day..How did you guess ?!!! Tongue), and a very funny booklet "where in the Us / canada" do you live"... that I haven't had time to look thru yet, but I think I'll read it thoroughly !!!!!

So all in all I'm so pleased and delighted with all she sent me I think I'm going to send her a few things from France as well... And I hope my other end swap partner (jadey Mc shadey) wasn't dissapointed with what I sent her 'cause I surely didn't send that many things !!

Thanks again elizabeth !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
Lrschic
« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2005 08:01:52 PM »

I'm so glad you were able to post pictures. I had a hard time parting with the yarn... but I had ordered it specifically for you anyways.... plus I'm still a beginning knitter so I knew you'd make something better with it! Smiley Glad you liked everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder
What It Means to Be a Strategist
Why a Psychologist Chooses Design Career
Design An Arts Education
Design An Arts Education - HGTV Star Danielle Colding on the Arts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...