A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,636
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My country doesn't have that!!  (Read 20912 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

selenium
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2005 01:58:22 PM »

Sweeeet!

I got teamwang's package today and it rocked!  I got a copy of ReadyMade, various nuts, treats and jams, some fabulous fabric, skull erasers, a bookmark, some paper cutouts of the character for 'dream', and a brightly colored case.

I'm so happy with everything!  This swap was a great idea.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2005 03:58:30 PM »

I'm just now getting my photos up of the package that littleoddforest sent me, sorry it's taken so long but here's the loot.

Theres cool Japanese stationary, some pages from her local news magazine, a food guide for tourists that everything looks so good in everytime I look at it it get hungry, some neato bandaids, and a page from an antique book in Chinese brush stokes which are going to make it into a frame for my bedroom we have an Asian inspired bedroom.
And here's a close up picture of my kick ass coin purse that I'm in love with, two keychains and a tiny gold barrel that had candy in it(I've ate it all already, lol). You can also see some of the food from the food guide. So yummy!

Thank you everything is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykate
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2005 06:11:19 PM »

I got my stuff from moominvalley today. I'll try to track down a digital camera to post pics. I love everything she sent. I got 2 balls of yarn, stickers, a kit to make a felt pouch, and a CD. I think I'll go listen to the CD and make the pouch! Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
selenium
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2005 06:16:45 PM »

I got my package from Crafty Kate.  The box was huge and filled with great stuff.  I'll post pictures soon.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PpCakes
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2005 09:37:12 PM »

i sent mine today. it cost me 20 bucks although they said i couldnt get a dc number i got my customs form and receipt for proof (b.c it was going to germeny) they said 5 to 6 weeks i think or else it would have been almost 26 for 1-2 weeks or something i hope my partner dosent mind. sorry it was so late i didnt have the money any sooner eeek, i need a job now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
Moominvalley
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2005 01:13:20 AM »

CraftyKate, a second package is coming your way. I've sent you some more goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sharkie
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2005 01:30:14 AM »

My japanese stuff from selenium a couple of days ago:

There is clockwise from top left: journal with paper lanterns on it, a round thing with cartoon caracters on it(I'm not sure what it is but it looks cool, its hanging on my wall right now), a package of stationary, awesome stickers I absolutely love these, two packages of candy(passion fruit and fruit flavored hard candies, both are very good), 2 japanese cd's, a pack of origami paper with instructions on how to make paper shirts.

Thank you so much!! I love everything!!

that round thing looks like it has the "my neighbor totoro" characters on it! hard to tell but im pretty sure thats what it is. that's one of my favorite movies Smiley
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006 04:19:46 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish I could get my head out of the sand,
Cause I think we'd make a good team.
And you would keep my fingernails clean.
But that's just a stupid dream that I won't realize
Causes I can't even look in your eyes
Without shakin and I aint fakin
I'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon
craftykate
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2005 07:00:27 AM »

CraftyKate, a second package is coming your way. I've sent you some more goodies!

Oh my goodness. I can't believe you've sent more stuff. The first was great. Now I feel like I should have gathered more stuff for my partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
carina
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2005 06:34:15 AM »

Pheeewww, I missed this gallery! So many cool stuff!
I got my stuff from Australia, from Crumpet and it ROCKS! So many wool!!!!!!! I have this projects in my head for them already Grin
I still have to take pics..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What does not kill you, only makes you stronger
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2005 05:09:38 PM »

here's the stuff i sent ppcakes and supastarrr110. i don't remember whose i took pictures of, but they got really similar packages.

everything , well, almost-

plus the fabric- they each got one of these piles. there's about a yard of the red with the gold (from india), and a piece each of sari fabric (also from india. both the same, but the pic shows both sides) i ended up going completely overboard at the japanese store, so my budget decided that they got less sari fabric! i think there's enough to make a small pillow, or a purse though.

a set of chopsticks with a matching holder (one of you got purple, i think), some cute little erasers, some neat little white paper bags with the donut boy image and the statue of liberty movie thing, a little 1" lapel pin, some bright coloured origami paper, and just peeking on the left, japanese shrinky dink stuff! i didn't know you could get that in japan! i couldn't read the instruction in japanese, but the pictures showed a toaster oven, if that helps!

a box of smarties, because you don't have them in the states, a couple of packs of bindis each, and really neat little bracelet. it's kind of like a friendship bracelet, and they're given by a sister to their brother for a holiday called rahki (pronounced more  like rakhRi in punjabi). the sister gives it to the brother as a symbol that he will protect her, and he gives her and everyone else in the family gifts (at least that's how my coworker explained it. sounds to me like the sister gets the easy end of the deal - spend a couple of dollars on the bracelet, while the brother spends a ton on everyone in the family!) the bracelets are called rahki as well. the bindhis were traditionally worn by married women as a kind of "hands off" message, but even within indian culture that's changed, and now a lot of younger, single, women wear them simply as an accessory.

more origami paper, some cute stationary, a little roll of rockets (smarties in the US), and some bangles that i picked up in little india (put them on and take them off one by one, or else they're impossible!)

and a fan (rather than a traditional japanese design, i thought this was cool), a few strawberry stickers, a cute pencil with cartoons on it, and some japanese candy (one each of grape, strawberry, mango and green apple)

and this was the other fan that i sent.

it was fun to send to two people, because i could send a lot more variety. i divied up packaged between them, so they might have got less of something than if i'd only been sending to one person, but they got so many different things! and i went a little bit overboard anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rock Vampy Dark Eyes and Lips Makeup
Gunmetal Eye Makeup Tutorial
Create the Ultimate Bubble Bath with This Easy Recipe
Take Years Off of Your Face With These Secret Skincare Tips
Why Baby Care Products Are Good for Your Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...