A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
788 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Northern Kentucky Anyone?  (Read 10905 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cmcmc7
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006 08:36:52 AM »

I'm in Northern KY....anyone know of any craftalongs or classes or fun crafty things to find/do in the area?Huh?
corbeau64.....where in Louisville might I find the wonderful things you mentioned?Huh It would be worth the drive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006 07:35:15 AM »

If you're going to down to Louisville, I highly suggest starting at Bardstown Rd. There are great galleries and shops, and the best record store one could hope to find. Then, a crafty must-see is Baer fabric on Market st. Downtown. It's 3 floors of fabrics and notions, including the largest button selection this side of the Mississippi.

(To get there, take I 71 S to the Watterson Expressway East. Bardstown Rd is off the Watterson, and you should head into town (a rt turn off the exit, also E, I believe). To go downtown Turn left onto Eastern Parkway from Bardstown, and follow it all the way down to 3rd st (that'll be right at U of L), turn right onto 3rd (headed N), which'll take you all the way downtown (it splits and turns into 2nd st, which is exactly where you want to be.) Turn left onto Market and follow it to Baer.)

Also, I suggest checking out St. Theresa's textile trove on Main st in downtown Cincinnati, and Knit On on Fairfeild Ave in bellevue, they're very fantastic and now that I'm back here in Greater Cincinnati, I love being able to visit them more often (esp knit on, since I now work there.)

Hope that helps/gives you some road trip ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmcmc7
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006 12:18:32 PM »

Thank you!  I love Theresa Treasure Trove, but they will be closing soon!  I went to high school in Bellevue!  Do you give classes at the shop you work at?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006 05:54:16 AM »

They're closing? NOOOOOO!!!!

*ahem* Why yes we do have classes. Thursdays at 3 and 6 and Sundays at 2. They're pretty open format classes- if you're a beginner, there's a project you do to get the basics, but after that (or of you don't need it) you're free to bring in something you need help w/. The prices are $16 ea for the first three lessons, and $12 ea after that.

(Also side note, my mom teaches at BHS)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmcmc7
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006 11:13:47 AM »

Yep...end of July.  First it was a rumor, but a co-worker went over there last weekend and said that it was going to close the end of July.  There was someone interested in possibly buying the place and moving it to another location (Kentucky seems like a good idea!!!  lol)
Anyway, she said all beads were very discounted and the fabric was on sale but not as deep cut as the beads.
WHO is your mother?  Although I graduated in 1976 so your mother is probably a lot younger than me!!!!!
As soon as it gets a little cooler - and I get a few projects finished, I would love to come over and sign up for a class.  I know how to knit a little, but don't even know if I am doing purl or normal stitch and then thats about all I know how to do.  I have bought yarn and needles in your shop about a year ago!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006 07:00:16 PM »

Well, here's hoping they move to KY. Because they can't just leave us!

Anyhow, in 1976 my Mom was still in college, in Lexington, so unless you have kids going through BHS,  you probably don't know her.

There's this great thing going on at the shop right now: The Knit In. It's a weekend in September where we'll have specialty classes, yarn tastings, and other stuff at St. Anne's Convent in Melbourne. You do have to register for it by the 31st, though. (Just call us at the shop, 491-KNIT, or go to knitonknitin.com if you've got questions/want to register.)

And when you do come back down to the shop, chances are it'll be me working there, so please be sure to mention you're a craftster! I always like meeting other craftsters. It's such great fun! (BTW, I'll be the one w/ really long hair and emo glasses.)

Oh, and our regular classes are on Thursdays at 3 and 6, and there's nothing Anita (the instructor) can't teach you!

Hope to see some of you guys at the shop soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmcmc7
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006 05:53:56 AM »

emo glasses?  ha ha - what is that?Huh?

My mother was the cafeteria manager for years and years - up until about 8 years ago.  If you ever remember to, ask your mother if she knew "Charmaine" (which happens to be my name too!

The Melbourne event....do you have to know how to knit?  Probably, so I better take classes first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006 05:42:30 AM »

Emo glasses= Buddy Holly glasses. Thick black frames. (And the cool thing is, you don't get made fun of for wearing them anymore!)

Mom said she doesn't remember, but then again I'm lucky she remembers me most days!

As for the Knit-in, it would probably help if you knew the basics, but that's all you really need to know. Oh, and the registration deadline was moved to Aug 15, so at least you've got some more time! But really, the most advanced class I can think of at the knit in would be the 2 socks on 2 circs class.

Oh, btw, the shop is open 7 days a week, Mon- Sat 11-7, Sun 12-6.

A bientot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alisasaur
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006 03:17:24 PM »

I live in Florence, but I'm getting ready to get an apartment in Louisville for school.  I still come up on the weekends a lot of the time, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Funky Monkey
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006 08:55:06 AM »

Hey All.. I'm from Dry Ridge, KY - about 30-40 south of Cincy, depending on your driving style   Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Short Hair
Hair Trends to Try This Winter
Hair Chalk For Temporary Hair Color
How to Do a Quick Plaited Updo
Birchbox and InStyle: How to Create an Elegant Holiday Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...