A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Northern Kentucky Anyone?  (Read 10802 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ekuclaudette
All in All...

Vegetable Medley!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2005 11:15:12 AM »

Hi!  I'm new to craftster and I just wanted to know if there were any other crafty type people in the northern kentucky area?  I'm about 3-5 minutes from Cincy.  How 'bout you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005 11:33:38 AM »

I'm in Cincinnati
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PearlyGirly
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005 04:59:47 PM »

I'm in Union, I can be in cincy in about 20 minutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohhh, I'm sorry Champ. I think I ate your chocolate squirrel."
corbeau64
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005 09:59:25 AM »

Well, I'm technically not in NKY anymore, as I live in Louisville for school, but I was born and raised there!

BTW, I highly recommend the occasional road trip down here to Louisville. There's a ton more crafty/arty stuff down here than one can easily get to in Cincinnati!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveeightiesrock
Debbie Stoller ROCKS!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005 08:24:35 AM »

I live in NKY, 2 minutes from downtown cincy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005 01:05:10 PM »

I'm in cinci.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
LisaA
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006 07:15:23 PM »

iloveeightiesrock I am in Newport . How close are you to me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myfeet

These are my feet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006 03:07:13 PM »

newport/ft.thomas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My beauty is not only on the surface. It goes down deep... layer after layer after layer. Yes, sir! My beauty is very thick.
I blog here:
http://shecancreate.wordpress.com/
supastarr
Screen Printed Stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006 10:17:24 AM »

c.o.v.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.supastarr.com
supastarr.etsy.com
iloveeightiesrock
Debbie Stoller ROCKS!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006 09:21:26 AM »

Lisa A- I am in Covington. Mainstrasse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmcmc7
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006 08:36:52 AM »

I'm in Northern KY....anyone know of any craftalongs or classes or fun crafty things to find/do in the area?Huh?
corbeau64.....where in Louisville might I find the wonderful things you mentioned?Huh It would be worth the drive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006 07:35:15 AM »

If you're going to down to Louisville, I highly suggest starting at Bardstown Rd. There are great galleries and shops, and the best record store one could hope to find. Then, a crafty must-see is Baer fabric on Market st. Downtown. It's 3 floors of fabrics and notions, including the largest button selection this side of the Mississippi.

(To get there, take I 71 S to the Watterson Expressway East. Bardstown Rd is off the Watterson, and you should head into town (a rt turn off the exit, also E, I believe). To go downtown Turn left onto Eastern Parkway from Bardstown, and follow it all the way down to 3rd st (that'll be right at U of L), turn right onto 3rd (headed N), which'll take you all the way downtown (it splits and turns into 2nd st, which is exactly where you want to be.) Turn left onto Market and follow it to Baer.)

Also, I suggest checking out St. Theresa's textile trove on Main st in downtown Cincinnati, and Knit On on Fairfeild Ave in bellevue, they're very fantastic and now that I'm back here in Greater Cincinnati, I love being able to visit them more often (esp knit on, since I now work there.)

Hope that helps/gives you some road trip ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmcmc7
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006 12:18:32 PM »

Thank you!  I love Theresa Treasure Trove, but they will be closing soon!  I went to high school in Bellevue!  Do you give classes at the shop you work at?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006 05:54:16 AM »

They're closing? NOOOOOO!!!!

*ahem* Why yes we do have classes. Thursdays at 3 and 6 and Sundays at 2. They're pretty open format classes- if you're a beginner, there's a project you do to get the basics, but after that (or of you don't need it) you're free to bring in something you need help w/. The prices are $16 ea for the first three lessons, and $12 ea after that.

(Also side note, my mom teaches at BHS)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmcmc7
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006 11:13:47 AM »

Yep...end of July.  First it was a rumor, but a co-worker went over there last weekend and said that it was going to close the end of July.  There was someone interested in possibly buying the place and moving it to another location (Kentucky seems like a good idea!!!  lol)
Anyway, she said all beads were very discounted and the fabric was on sale but not as deep cut as the beads.
WHO is your mother?  Although I graduated in 1976 so your mother is probably a lot younger than me!!!!!
As soon as it gets a little cooler - and I get a few projects finished, I would love to come over and sign up for a class.  I know how to knit a little, but don't even know if I am doing purl or normal stitch and then thats about all I know how to do.  I have bought yarn and needles in your shop about a year ago!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006 07:00:16 PM »

Well, here's hoping they move to KY. Because they can't just leave us!

Anyhow, in 1976 my Mom was still in college, in Lexington, so unless you have kids going through BHS,  you probably don't know her.

There's this great thing going on at the shop right now: The Knit In. It's a weekend in September where we'll have specialty classes, yarn tastings, and other stuff at St. Anne's Convent in Melbourne. You do have to register for it by the 31st, though. (Just call us at the shop, 491-KNIT, or go to knitonknitin.com if you've got questions/want to register.)

And when you do come back down to the shop, chances are it'll be me working there, so please be sure to mention you're a craftster! I always like meeting other craftsters. It's such great fun! (BTW, I'll be the one w/ really long hair and emo glasses.)

Oh, and our regular classes are on Thursdays at 3 and 6, and there's nothing Anita (the instructor) can't teach you!

Hope to see some of you guys at the shop soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmcmc7
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006 05:53:56 AM »

emo glasses?  ha ha - what is that?Huh?

My mother was the cafeteria manager for years and years - up until about 8 years ago.  If you ever remember to, ask your mother if she knew "Charmaine" (which happens to be my name too!

The Melbourne event....do you have to know how to knit?  Probably, so I better take classes first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006 05:42:30 AM »

Emo glasses= Buddy Holly glasses. Thick black frames. (And the cool thing is, you don't get made fun of for wearing them anymore!)

Mom said she doesn't remember, but then again I'm lucky she remembers me most days!

As for the Knit-in, it would probably help if you knew the basics, but that's all you really need to know. Oh, and the registration deadline was moved to Aug 15, so at least you've got some more time! But really, the most advanced class I can think of at the knit in would be the 2 socks on 2 circs class.

Oh, btw, the shop is open 7 days a week, Mon- Sat 11-7, Sun 12-6.

A bientot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alisasaur
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006 03:17:24 PM »

I live in Florence, but I'm getting ready to get an apartment in Louisville for school.  I still come up on the weekends a lot of the time, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Funky Monkey
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006 08:55:06 AM »

Hey All.. I'm from Dry Ridge, KY - about 30-40 south of Cincy, depending on your driving style   Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LisaA
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006 07:22:51 PM »

Its so cool I never would have guessed so many crafters were so close to me! Grin I was in the shops in Bellview today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006 07:39:06 PM »

If you walked into knit on, then you met me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LisaA
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006 09:37:06 PM »

Thats so cool. I was thinking the same thing! Shocked I love your store!!
 Next time I come in i will mention Crafters and intruduce myself.
 I need to see about a knitting class. I just can't get the hang of it! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fizzle7033
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006 10:09:20 PM »

I'm in Frankfort, fairly close to some of you Louisville guys. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

Current swaps

Letter and a Craft
Dragon Swap
Owl Swap
Little Visitor VI
Little Visitor VII
corbeau64
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006 06:38:19 AM »

Thats so cool. I was thinking the same thing! Shocked I love your store!!
 Next time I come in i will mention Crafters and intruduce myself.
 I need to see about a knitting class. I just can't get the hang of it! lol

Thank you! Be sure to introduce yourself next time! We try really hard to be really nice, and I've been preaching the gospel of craftster to our customers as well, so meeting somebody from here would be quite spiffy!

We have a ton of knitting classes! Begin to knit is Tues @ 7, Thurs @3 and 6, and Sun @ 2. Wed night @ 7 is knit socks. 

Later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mento_bug
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006 06:44:21 AM »

i'm from Campbell County, about 20-30 minutes from cincy!! wow, there are quite a few of us around here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LisaA
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006 07:05:19 PM »

I will have to stop by soon. I was by there this morning but Knit on wasn't open yet Sad So the hubby wouldn't wait. he is a brat lol
 mentobug I am in Newport. Are you out in the county?
Smile
Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corbeau64
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006 06:20:09 AM »

I will have to stop by soon. I was by there this morning but Knit on wasn't open yet Sad So the hubby wouldn't wait. he is a brat lol
 mentobug I am in Newport. Are you out in the county?
Smile
Lisa

I too live in Newport. Makes for a very short commute. And that's too bad about impatient hubby. We get a lot of those at the store, not surprisingly.

I too am curious, mento_bug. If you are out in the country, I bet you've got some gorgeous foliage going right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DangitDana
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2006 02:07:08 PM »

Florence.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mailler
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007 06:20:35 AM »

Union.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mllejessy
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007 06:25:30 AM »

I'm in Covington, and I work in Independence...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thelittlewhitebird
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007 02:37:58 PM »

I am brand-spanking new to this board (this is my first post)-- I live in Newport, KY right outside Cincy and I'll love to meet some crafty ladies, like I aspire to be.  My email is jillianlauren@fuse.net
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lora4321
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007 09:01:23 AM »

I am in Frankfort too Smiley Love crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cute Lil Katie Kat
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2007 06:24:49 PM »

IN N KY, 5 min from Cincy.  Anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

>^.^<
Pottersprincess
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010 06:56:50 AM »

I'm gonna be going to school up there in fall! NKU isn't very far from Cincinnati or Newport, but I will have to take the bus everywhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargirlnic
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011 08:19:32 PM »

I live in Burlington Smiley I'm new here. My first post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HolyshtLindsey
Lindsey, Lindsey; Master of Whimsy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012 10:31:25 PM »

Howdy guys! I live in Covington on Mainstrasse and I am very interested in finding like minded people to hang out with and maybe even make some badass art. So if you are interested, send me a message. Here is a link to my business page where you can see some examples of my work. Thanks!

Lindsey

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Handmade-and-Underpaid/432010110174565?ref=ts&fref=ts
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Owner and operator of Handmade and Underpaid
A business for the broke, by the broke.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Hand-Painted Tie for Father’s Day
How to Make a Ghost Costume
How to Hem Pants
How to Make a Sock Puppet
How to Make a Nun Costume
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...