A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: France in a box??? Also, Sleepover in a box?  (Read 1825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chocohalic13

This **** is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2005 08:07:21 AM »

My mom is really into France (especially Paris)- she lived there for a year, so now she really misses it.  I was thinking of making her a France in a box.  Does anyone have any good ideas of what to put in it?
Also, I was thinking of making my 11 y/o sister "sleepover in a box".  I've already thought of a few things to put in- some nail polish, toe seperators, tube of face mask, one or two CDs, a few DVDs (anyone have any ideas of which ones?), and some microwave popcorn.
If anyone has any ideas for either France in a box or Sleepover in a box, I would love to hear them! Thanks in advance!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Helen Keller

Love doesn't have a happy ending... cuz love is forever.

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.- E.E. Cummings

Life is a fairy tale, you just have to get past the evil step mother part
CellophaneFlowers
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005 11:28:39 AM »

Maybe a French-to-English dictionary and some champagne glasses? Or I've seen bubbles that come in a little champagne bottle. And a mini French flag, of course!

For the sleepover kit, maybe some goofy slippers and a booklet of sleepover games and truth-or-dare questions. Or some coupons for beautification and pampering. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faith and begorrah...
chocohalic13

This **** is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005 12:21:30 PM »

Those are such great ideas- thank you sooooo much!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Helen Keller

Love doesn't have a happy ending... cuz love is forever.

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.- E.E. Cummings

Life is a fairy tale, you just have to get past the evil step mother part
capitanjen
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005 11:41:06 PM »

Hmm... sleepover in a box. How fun! How about some popcorn and chick flicks like... I don't know Bring It On 50 First Dates. I think those are chick flicks anyways. Or you could put some funny movies like... Zoolander and something... hmm movies aren't that good anymore huh? I think American Girl makes a sleepover book, that might be fun. How about super-girly-you-wouldn't-normally-do-things like recipes for face masks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fght ff yr dmns. crft n yr slp.
grusinskaya
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005 03:02:55 AM »

If she likes classic French chanson, you could make her a mix-CD with various French singers on it--like Edith Piaf or Lucienne Boyer. I'm really into that kind of music, so I could help you, if you'd like.

You could also put some French cheeses (brie, camembert, etc.) in, if you planned on giving it to her right away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingery
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005 10:42:05 AM »

I was at Michael's yesterday and saw a bunch of little things that were french inspired...like little scraps of fabric with the eiffel tower on it, etc.  If you have a Michael's nearby, you should go check it out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mophopstepjump

seam rippers are my life.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005 09:21:04 PM »

If you don't mind spending a bit of money, you could look for some french movies/DVDs.  "Le Diner de Cons" is a hilarious French comedy, "Amelie" is a brilliant movie; I've heard that "Delicatessen" is also very good.  If she's into strange sci-fi/fantasy type movies, "Brotherhood of the Wolves" (Le Pacte des Loups) is said to be good....  I've seen parts of it and I remember it being oddly intriguing.

Food is always nice to include, if the box is going to be given right away.  A baguette, some croissants, maybe a jar of nutella?  Maybe throw in some Perrier or something.

I've seen toothpicks with little flags on the ends of them, that might be funny.  There are probably some mini Eiffel tower figures you could find somewhere... (not sure where).  You could decorate a shirt/pillow/journal/whatever with "Je t'<3!" or some French phrase.  (The <3 would be a regular heart, of course....)  Maybe a picture frame with pictures of French landmarks or whatnot.  Wow, I'm full of ideas... this is fun, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?
Lv2ScrpBk
-~Alicia Ann~-

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005 10:25:11 PM »

For France in a box you can not forget French Bread. How about looking on ebay for some postcards from Paris and other France cities. Also if you could find French cigarettes (they smoke a lot)

Sleepover in a box is a really fun idea. I would include chocolate, a bunch of girls... they WILL need chocolate. How about some sort of game, they have so many for tweens now adays. Also maybe a phone book (so they can calls all of the boys). And last but not least, some disposable cameras to keep the night special forever. Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."<br /><br />"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Devine"
Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005 10:29:29 PM »

for the France box, you CAN'T forget to include Nutella (look by the peanutbutter at the grocery) and Orangina (in the soda section-teardrop shaped individual bottles or larger skinny 1 liters). They're harder to find in small towns, but I used to live in Milwaukee and they had both at a suburbia grocery store. Smiley

Trust me. I'm a French teacher Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.etsy.com Thanks Smiley
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005 10:21:09 AM »

For Sleepover in a Box---
There  used to be this game called GirlTalk where there were like truth and dare cards that was pretty funny, and if you didn't want to do something you had to put a "zit sticker" on your face and wear it for the rest of the night...  you might be able to find it or make your own version of it, I think it was from the early '90s.

There is a movie called Sleepover out now that I saw ads for, but personally we always watched Grease, and the Saved by the Bell box sets are out now so that would be fun too!

You could always put in craft supplies to make marble magnets for their lockers from Tiger Beat or those magazines, or friendship bracelets or stuff to decorate flip flops or something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare a Sumosan Roll
How to Make the Perfect Potato and Aubergine Bhaji
How to Savour A Delicious Sushi
How to Cook Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion
How to Cook Kung Pao
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...