A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HOLLYWOOD PARTY<A SUCCESS!! NOW WITH A BUTT LOAD OF PICS... COME SEE!! (Pg 8)  (Read 14684 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LilMissPink
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2006 11:32:53 AM »

Wow this is a really cute theme you have going. I'm having somewhat of the same theme for my quinceanera next year, except it won't be in my house (hopefully it will be huge and successful!). Since I'm having a celebrity theme, I plan to request that the guests dress as if they're going to a red carpet black and white affair and my court and I will be wearing red and gold. (A court is part of the quinceanera tradition, and basically they serve the same purpose as bridemaids and groomsmen at a wedding do). Do you mind if I grab/give some ideas?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
infamouslyme77
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2006 11:59:38 AM »

yeah thats how you make them
THIS ROCKS   Logged
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2006 12:08:05 PM »

Do you mind if I grab/give some ideas? 

be my guest! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2006 12:22:40 PM »

http://www.askginka.com/themes/hollywoodtheme.htm

This site was kind of helpful. I had another great site but I can't find the link at the moment... I'm going to make a couple of "fake" invitations to see which one I like best before I actually give them a go (Which I don't need to for a few months because I don't know the 'when', 'where', etc.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2006 06:36:37 PM »

I don't know if anyone has suggested this or not, since its a fairly long thread but.... I went to a hollywood themed camp one time and we made patio stones out of concrete.  We called it the Mann Chinese theater thingy and put our hand prints in the concrete and then decorated it with glass stones
THIS ROCKS   Logged

highschoolcrafter
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2006 06:58:00 PM »

I went to a hollywood themed camp one time and we made patio stones out of concrete.  We called it the Mann Chinese theater thingy and put our hand prints in the concrete and then decorated it with glass stones

out of 7 pages of ideas no one has thought of this and i thnk it would be great! my mom agrees (which means it will actually happen, lol) thanks for the idea!! i figure we could do this the morning after everyone spends the nite, since we had nothing planned and peope arnt leaving until 12:00 or 1, thanks krafty_kelly Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty_kelly
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2006 12:12:12 PM »

Post your pictures of them...I'd like to see them...I'm trying to post the ones that we did.  They turned out really great, and its a great thing to put in your garden for years to come.  I'll have to wait for my daughter to come home to post the pics.  (Not nearly technical enough)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2006 01:19:26 PM »

not  reading  all the  posts  but  here I am  random thinking......  Bathroom  definately  changing room/ makeup room theme.

as  people are  starting to  arrive  have  someone  out front  taking  pictures a dn  another  with a  video  camera  doing  lots  of  shots  like  the  papparazzi.

You could  also  have  disposable  camera  around  for  others   to  use  then  they  could  be  the  papparazzi.
Of  course doa  collage type thing as a thank you card of all teh best shots in one sheet.

As for food,   fruit cut up and small finger sandwhichs  are always great,  veggie tray  maybe, bottled water in  a  huge bucket of ice.   

as for  other rooms  do a coppernic search for hollywood   get some  photos (save teh graphics they use )   of the  oldies and  newbie actors/ actresses  use  family frames to  frame the  ones  you print and  hang them  up......  then  after  party  jsut  slip them  back  out.  costs  less and  hides that  photo   moms  always  hang that  we  never  want  our  friends to see.....

as  far as  party  favors   
these are cheesy but good and  small for  memory  purposes....
P=/search/searchMain.jsp&erec=5&D=camera&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntt=camera&N=0&y=6&x=13&Ntk=all" target="_blank">http://www.orientaltrading.com/otcweb/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=37/161&mode=Searching&searchDestinationJS P=/search/searchMain.jsp&erec=5&D=camera&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntt=camera&N=0&y=6&x=13&Ntk=all

you  could  probably  duplicate teis  less  costly.
http://www.gagworks.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH

How  bout  contacting hollywood california  tourism department    or  better yet  your  local city and  get  maps......  do a  map of  the stars (your friends houses)  on the  map  that  would  a good  take home thing.....  Maybe have a  mini picture of each person next to the  dot on the map for  easy viewing of who is who.... for that  matter  you  could  creat  your  own  with MSN maps and a  printer.  that  way  you  could  do  several copies  of  each  at  once.... using real maps you would need to open each make them look the same then  try to  refold (ARG!!!)

How bout use card stock make each person a MEGA phone   with their  name on it...

on  chairs  have the  names  across the  back  like the  stars  sit  in on shoots.

this  site  has  tons   of  ideas  you  may  could  do  something  with...
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/search/search.aspx?q=Hollywood&st=&rpp=18&p=1&c=76&fpt=________F______P___b7_a2_H

I  am  out  of  brainage... Good  luck and  happy sweet 16.  your  parents  sound  pretty cool to  allow this  at  home  ... kudos  to them too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
LilMissPink
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2006 05:21:12 PM »

I have a question. Since my party is old hollywood themed (late 1920- early 1930) what type of attire do you think guys wore then? I'm looking more towards formal attire because my party is very much going to be formal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2006 09:35:14 PM »

the  hand print s  thing  is a  great  idea.... love  what  you did  with  friends  faces  onteh  movie  reel looking  thingy.....   as  far  as  actresses    missed it  if  anyone  mentioned

JUDY GARLAND, SHIRLEY TEMPLE,  JULIA ROBERTS, SANDRA BULLOCK,   Hillary duff, lindsey lohan,  betty grabel,   kathy bates,   katherine hepburn,  LIZ  TAYLOR  AND  JOAN RIVERS  are a  must  at  any  hollywood party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Follow Just One Step to Lighten Dark Spots and Acne Scars
5 Daily Steps to Get Glowing Skin
5 Best Spring Perfumes
Rouge New York: A Makeup Salon
Black and Gold Dual Eyeliner at Badgley Mischka NYFW 2014
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...