A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HOLLYWOOD PARTY<A SUCCESS!! NOW WITH A BUTT LOAD OF PICS... COME SEE!! (Pg 8)  (Read 14557 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

highschoolcrafter
« on: August 01, 2005 11:53:30 PM »

I'm having a HOLLYWOOD themed sweet 16 party.  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Huh Tongue I have ALOT of ideas all ready, but it just doesnt seem to fill up the space n my house, i'll give u guys a little bit of wat i have planned, so i can maybe help me plan sum cool stuff! im new to craftster, but i luv crafts and DIY ideas, so i figure i'll b here awhile...
ok here's the over view (for anyone thinkin of having a hollywood party, or for anyone who wants to get my 'party drift')

~outside the house is the red carpet, grammy music, mini strobe lights, ropes around red carpet, big hollywood sign on roof and white christmas lights n bushes

~when u get n, u hit the living room or the 'movie theatre' with glow lights on the ground (for aisles) consession stand with soda and movie candy, giant popcorn box filed with balloon 'corn' (each balloons has truth or dare ideas n it for later n the nite), a cardboard usher, with a reel basket of movie mints, a cardboard coat clerk (like at the fancy movie theatres)

~u keep walking, straight into 'outdoor hollywood' with a wall mural, walk of fame w/ my guests name on them, street signs, and famous ppl cut outs (to 'spot' celebreties)

wat i need sum ideas on-

~cool food, aside from the movie munchies (i was thinkin maybe ritzie food, like stars get before the grammys n the 'green room', but im not sure how i could work that)... everyone will have dinner at my house, or at least snacks for dinner, so we will need sumthin other than candy

~decorations for the bathroom (the other rooms have a theme, but i cant think of one for n there, its small, but its tropical decorated now, so i need to think of somthing to cover that stuff up and stay with the theme)

~party favors (its hollywood, so i thought about movies, but that would b expensive, so i got nothin, lol)

~ any decor for any of the rooms

~any craft ideas to make as an activity for each person to take home (maybe a hollywood style purse or something?)

u guys r all smart, so i put the current fate of my party n ur hands!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006 12:10:23 PM by highschoolcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005 09:53:52 AM »

Wow, your ideas sound great so far!  Maybe the bathroom could have a dressing room theme?  Not sure how you could pull that off though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
samglam209
Chefsalad

I love crafting!<3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005 10:58:21 AM »

hm...well to make the bathroom into a dressing room you could put a star on the door and if the bathroom is big enough put a bench inside and a CD player...dont have anyother ideas.srry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I am a dork.I play video games,I like computer's and I craft.If you have anything new and important to tell me then please be my guest.Otherwise shut the hell up!
hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005 11:15:32 AM »

You could put in one of those mirrors with light bulbs surrounding it.  Make up could be spread out on the counter and you could hang different outfits from the shower rod.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

_otherworldly
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005 04:47:47 PM »

You could have people dress up really nice or you could go to thrift store and buy old dressy clothes, etc and play dress up - I guess that would kind of go with the dressing room thing. My friends and I love to get all dressed up and stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005 05:16:10 PM »

For the favors, you could buy clapboards! I love those things.. they can be bought at party stores pretty cheap... and I bet you can get some wholesale somewhere. It might be fun to work with a computer-savy (if you're not good with computers, that is) friend and make some "tabloids" to hand out. You can write about different friends' "careers," who's dating who and stuff like that. Make sure it isn't too mean, though!  Wink

I think the bathroom-turned-dressing room idea is great. You can get rope light and put it around the mirror. And those metal make-up cases can be places near the mirror with some make-up sticking out of it. Oh, and tabloids and entertainment magazines are cheap decorations.

Finally, it's practically ESSENTIAL that you make a movie that night! I'm sure you or one of your friends has a camcorder... just film stuff during the entire party! It doesn't have to make any sense... get some conversations, have a friend interview others about you or the party, have a "backstage pass" part where someone gives a tour of all the rooms. It can either be really amature-ish, or semi-proffesional, depending on who uses the camera. And then you have to have a screening before the guests have to go... show the "film" in the living room. And after the party, you could make a DVD for everyone and send them along with the thank-you cards. I love this theme idea and I might post some more ideas later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CitrusWarfare
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005 07:57:11 PM »

The bathroom could be a make-up room thats the only thing I can think of.

You could give awards out as an extra little gift. Like tie a box of candy to an unopened bag of popcorn with a tag of the award.  Or you could even have your party guests vote and then do it at the end.

In a spare room you could get a huge roll of paper (not sure how pricey it would be) or a white hanging sheet have hats and boas or something in there and let people dress up and do like a photo session, you can develop the photos later and put them in magazine-esque thank you cards. If you have a digital camera you can print them out on photo paper and have your guest make their own magazine covers. Im not sure if thats too juvenile but if you have other magazines out people can cut out other Celebs' and ad them to their picture, scandal, story, hook up, ect.

Or you can go for the classic party activity, bake star shaped cookies and let people decorate their own star. Despite the fact that the thin line icing is gross sometimes people could write their names on them. If this is too messy you can decorate them, bag them in a decorative cellophane bag and give them as your party favors at the end.

Plastic champagne glasses are relatively cheap and would fit your high-class food theme perhaps-- you dont have to put drinks in them, people can put snacks in them instead of drinking out of them.

You can also have your guests dress up as their favorite movie characters, who doesnt love getting dressed up?

thats all i can think of for now, good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005 10:30:54 PM »

Thankz CitrusWarfare, I luv the idea of givin away awards to ppl, maybe the most funny, best dressed, cutest, etc. that would b fun

and i was thinkin taht i could combine everyone's ideas for the bathroom, w/ all teh stuff n a typical stars dressing room, clothes, radio, makeup, scripts, etc.

and i do have an extra room that we could do the photo shoot n and my grandma just got a new digital camera and printer doc, perfect idea!!

i was thinkin we could drink sparkling cider or sum 'fancy' drink n cute champagne glasses, so that idea will def. b used!!! my party is gunna b soo sweet!! thankz everybody and if any body has any more ideas, keep em comin, i'll use!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005 08:05:25 AM »

For the photo shoot you could have different choices of cheap fabric to hang as the background.  That way instead of just a white sheet people would have a choice. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tom Stoppard  

JanelleLaBelle

I'm a lovable dork!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005 08:32:06 AM »

Wow good ideas everyone!!! I think i just might have to have a hollywood party now.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreams come true, not free...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.4
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.5
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.6
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.2
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...