A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Target's KNIT THIS Summer Halter  (Read 3414 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stummes_ding
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005 01:41:57 PM »

awesome job!  it fits you nicely.. i just finished a tank top that was meant for me but would fit hrmm..  maybe a ..... 4yr old... friggin' bummer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.myspace.com/stummesding
http://knitfits.blogspot.com/
http:// preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'stummesding.etsy.com')')
AmyKT5
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005 01:48:21 PM »

dukeslax44- The kit is a "one size fits most."  I'm sure you could easily size it up by casting on more stitches.  I don't think there's much extra yarn in the kit, though.  You might be able to match it with some Sugar n' Cream or just buy Sugar n' Cream for the whole thing. 

elementsarise- The yarn is 100% cotton.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edensgarden
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005 03:43:18 PM »

That looks great!
I got that kit too, and it's my current project. I really like the top and would wear it a lot if I ever get it finished.  But I'm still a fairly new to knitting, I've only done mindless knitting projects so far, so this is killing me. I'm having a lot of trouble w/ the lacy part. And I don't really like working w/ cotton yarn. This is my first experience w/ it and it may be my last.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyKT5
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005 04:08:19 PM »

edensgarden- I feel your pain.  I have to admit, working with the cotton was not fun, but you get used to it after awhile.  I never did anything lacy before this either.  The best advice I could give you for it is make sure you don't pull it too tightly.  It's ok, even better really, for it to be a little loose.  Hang in there, though!  The finished product is sooo worth it I think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edensgarden
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005 04:34:06 PM »

Thank's for the advice. Smiley
 Unfortunately I figured that out the hard way and got all screwed up and had to start over. It's looking much better now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005 06:12:17 PM »

i also got this kit... unfortunately, i don't think there is any way it's gonna fit me, lace up back or no lace up back.  the bust is simply too small.  but yours is really nice amy! any clues on how i could make that bust bigger?  i actually bought TWO of these kits (on sale for $3.48!) so as to have enough yarn but i can't really decide on how to make the bust part bigger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmyKT5
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005 07:30:14 PM »

lasandri- In this case, I was lucky about the fit because, as the pics show, I am infact very small-busted.  As to how to make it bigger?  I'm not too experienced with shaping unfortunately.  Maybe someone else could better answer that question.  I think you could probably add some short row shaping.  I've never done it, but there's an article at knitty about it: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/FEATbonnetric.html  It doesn't seem too difficult?  Maybe you could post a question about it in the Discussion area.  I bet you'd find some experienced short row-shapers there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005 07:41:27 PM »

i'll definitely look at that knitty article... thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elementsarise
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005 01:40:11 PM »

For some reason, when I went to my local Target, the knit kits were not on sale. Undecided They did not even have the halter knit kit.  Is this just my Target, or are there other Targets that are still selling their knit kits for full price?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005 01:56:35 PM »

I only looked in the clearance section, and they had a number of knit kits.  None I really liked for the price, though, except the one for a bottle cozy that had bamboo dpns and was on clearance for $2.48.  THAT one was worth it.  But I didn't look down the aisle to see if they still had some at regular price.

The halter looks lovely.  I'm kinda glad my store didn't have it, because I'd be tempted to buy it, and I'd never be able to wear it. 

But they DID have a yoga bag and a bikini, both with the same weight of cotton yarn, so if you want the halter but aren't sure whether you'll have enough yarn to resize it, or if you want a contrasting color, like Amy's beauty without having to buy another yarn to match, keep your eye out for the bikini and yoga bag kits.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Bumper Stickers
How to Make a Time Capsule
How to Make Crafts with Autumn Leaves
How to Make CD Crafts
How to Make Candy Cane Bath Salts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...