A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Target's KNIT THIS Summer Halter  (Read 3391 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmyKT5
« on: August 01, 2005 08:17:50 PM »

Hi All!

I just completed the Summer Halter KNIT THIS kit from Target.  I modified it slightly by adding pink yarn around the bust.

Here's me all happy that it fit:

And a close up of the front:

And a shot of the back.  I need to shorten the lace-up tie a bit and neaten it up a touch.  I just wanted to hurry up and put it on so I just put it together quickly!

Thanks for looking!!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 12:49:12 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sistersue
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005 08:23:22 PM »

Very cute!  Love the two color combo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005 09:29:47 PM »

Wow, it looks great! I bought this kit and the summer tote. Now that I see how the halter looks, I'm anxious to start it. The summer tote was so easy so I'm hoping that the halter will be just as easy.

I have the tote posted on my blog.
http://www.xanga.com/ccabcwoo
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jodi1978
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005 10:30:02 PM »

Cheesy Very Cute!!  Great Job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Beach
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005 12:13:26 AM »

Awesome, it looks grand!  I'm so glad you posted this - I just bought the kit on clearance for my sister.   Did it give you a lot of trouble?  (She's still pretty new to knitting.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now selling awesomeness with my partners in craftiness!
Our website: http://maked.ca
Our blog: http://baremaked.blogspot.com/
Our shop: http://maked.etsy.com
Pink Hula

Shala for a week

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005 12:26:16 AM »

that is awesome!!!

i would seriously wear that, and that is not a common thing for me to say, mostly im like...its cool, but i couldn't wear that.

that project is just too awesome not to want to wear it!!

Susan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shala shala shala
peanutbuttanjellay

Craft your life!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005 08:31:28 AM »

Do the Target knit kits come with all the materials necessary to make the project?  I can't believe how cool it looks.  How long did it take?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyKT5
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005 09:53:16 AM »

Thank you everyone! 

luv2stitch- I checked out your tote...very cute!  I like that you added the lining to finish it off nicely!  (My Target was out of that one  Undecided, but I may check another nearby store now...)

Beach- It was pretty easy for the most part.  HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure there were some typos here and there.  Nothing that was so bad, though, that you can't figure out how it should be I don't think.  I can try to answer questions, though, if you run into any problems.

Pink Hula- It's very wearable!  It's really comfy!  The only part that's a little difficult is lacing up the back.  Easier if someone could help you with it, I think, but totally possibly to put it on backwards to lace up and then swing it round the right way.

bunnirific-  Yep, good ol' Target the discount/convenience store or whatever you want to call it.  They're putting them all on clearance, though, so it's kinda slim pickings from what I understand.

peanutbuttanjellay- the kit had everything but dpns.  The neck ties are i-cord and they wanted you to make it on straight needles and keep slipping the stitches back and forth between the needles, which you can of course do, I just think it's more work.  Also, the pink cotton yarn was my addition.  I already had that in my stash, so I decided to add it.  The kit came with the bottom yarn which is really just a natural colored cotton.  Also, it knit up pretty quick.  I would say about a week if you figured in a couple of hours knitting a day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dukeslax44
the sporty knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005 10:21:15 AM »

was the pattern for just one size or multiple sizes... also would there be enough yarn to make a bigger size if there are instructions for one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything happens for a reason??? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the reason
elementsarise
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005 01:26:38 PM »

That's a very nice halter top.  Now I need to go to Target to check these knit kits out...

By the way, what kind of yarn is in the knit kit?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Import a Photoshop File Into Adobe Flash CS3
How to Create a Web Layout from a Photoshop File in Adobe Flash CS3
How to Use InDesign Essentials
How To Edit Videos With Goggle Picasa3
Peachpit TV: Using the Displacement Filter in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...