A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 308,214
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birds For Theo!  (Read 3471 times)
Tags for this thread: bird  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NessaGurl
« on: August 01, 2005 06:48:06 AM »

My neighbour boy turned 1 years old last week. Theo really loves birds, so I decided to make him some birds for his first birthday. this was my very first attempt at any kind of stuffed animal type thing, so they are a little rough, but I'm pretty proud for my first time. I also decided to knit a little nest as birds require nests...right!

Let me know what you think.

Here's a group shot

Another group

Mama bird

And finally the little baby birds..

The nest is knitted with two types of yarn...some brown thicker yarn, and then some boa yarn mixed in for texture...the outside has brown and orange yarn, and the inside is brown and deep purple yarn. I made it two different colours cause I was trying to use up my left overs, but I'm really pleased how well it looks with the two different colours. I don't think you can really tell from the photos...but it does look way better in person. The colours of the photos are not really that good as I took them at night, and I was in a hurry cause I had to pack up the gift.

Anyhoo, let me know what you think?

Thanks
NessaGurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005 07:18:55 AM »

OH...MY...GOD!

That is the absolute cutest thing I have ever seen.  Willing to share a pattern or post a tutorial?  I make little stuffed crows as it is, but I love the way you shaped the birds.  So cute.  Did the little boy love them???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
heroinechic
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005 07:25:20 AM »

wow!  i love the shape of the birds and the fabric you used.  also, what a cute nest!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005 08:07:25 AM »

Wow. What an adorable gift...for kids of all ages. Nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funwithscissors
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005 09:38:48 AM »

What a wonderful gift!!  I love everything about it!  Where did you get your fabrics?? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005 09:51:39 AM »

Whoa! Those are very cute! I love the fabrics and colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bird nerd
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005 05:28:16 PM »

Oh wow! they are adorable. They're really great looking, I find birds quite hard to make so well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005 01:58:25 AM »

Wow. What an adorable gift...for kids of all ages. Nice work!
Totally agree. And not even for just kidz, even an old hag as me would be delihgted if some-one made me one. (being in an Eyeorish PMSmood) But nobody will make me one... Tongue I shall create my own! Wink Grin Thans a lot for sharing this and the inspitation it gave me. The birds is soooo absolutely stunning lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
NessaGurl
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005 05:24:30 AM »

Thanks guys for all your crafty support and nice comments...

Archer*of*loaf...if you want I could make a tutorial...it just might take me a week or so. I have all the shapes cut out in a "sort of" pattern...I could always scan them, and write a small tutorial. Just have to figure out how to use our scanner...? Let me know if you want it?

Theo loved the birds....as did my friends and family...they were super easy to make, and fun to boot!

Thanks guys...

NessaGurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005 05:27:25 AM »

Sure, if you're willing to post a tute I'd appreciate it.  If it's a pain in the butt I totally understand.  I don't know how to knit anyway, so the nest part is out of the question.  I'm just curious about the pattern for your birds.

Thanks!  So glad the little boy loved the birds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...