A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 315,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does your knitting bother your significant other?  (Read 7078 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gleep
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005 04:11:36 AM »

It doesn't generally bother mine, but we often aren't together. Many of my friends are just amused that I almost always have knitting on me to work on.

However, I don't generally feel a need to knit more than spend time w/my husband. That may be an issue.

He does hate yarn stores, though. He thinks I spend too much time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepaper
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005 05:02:00 AM »

My husband is a sports freak and I sit with him and knit while he watches a game, so it's time spent together while enjoying our seperate activities. He loves to wind balls of yarn for me while he's watching tv too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

molsballou
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005 05:10:40 AM »

I'm trying to decide who would win in the battle between my hatred of Guitar Center, and the BF's hatred of the yarn store. I guess the difference is that I LOVE the yarn store, and he only goes to Guitar Center out of necessesity.

But as for knitting, my boyfriend is jealous that I have a hobby that I can do while watching tv or listening to music.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hst
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005 06:01:53 AM »

Well I shouldn't say I'd rather knit than spend time with my husband, it's just that I have very little free time, and so much I want to knit!  Knitting really helps me to relax, and I feel like I can spend time with someone, and listen to them while I knit.  I think he thinks I am not paying attention to him.
If only he would knit too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maryam Ovaci

I love you, Interlibrary Loan.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005 07:33:02 AM »

My boyfriend gets a little upset when he goes to get a movie that he wants me to watch, and I want to knit during, because he keeps saying I'll miss all the visual humor, or whatnot. But in general, we both have our hobbies, and he knows I can knit and pay attention to him as much as he can paint warhammer figures and pay attention to me ^_^ But sometimes he does ask me to leave my knitting in the car if we're going somewhere he thinks it would be rude to knit - like church >.> He's pretty much given up on asking me to leave it when it just embarasses him, like when we go to a local bar for lunch (best hotwings EVER at this place!) or the movies XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You bring Athena home five minutes after her curfew and not only does Zeus smite you with a lightning bolt, he transforms into a goose and seduces your mom." - Questionable Content

My own tiny knitblog, soon to include spinning!
http://pandabonzai.blogspot.com/
hst
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005 07:50:23 AM »

My husband doesn't really have any hobbies, I mean he does like to read and listen to music.  Anyway, you mentioned warhammer, he told me about people painting the figures, etc. recently.  I had never heard of it.  What is it?  I should get him into that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005 08:53:05 AM »

My knitting doesn't bother my husband.  Its the yarn purchases, the unfinished projects lying about the house, the occasional request we stop at *GASP* a craft or yarn store on the way to or from somewhere, where he might be expected *GASP* atually enter said store...  I buy a lot of my yarn at thrift stores.  (Like this weekend, when I got four full skeins of Plymouth Dreambaby and three full skeins of Reynolds Lopi for a grand total of $4.70.)  So I don't actually SPEND a lot on knitting, but since I buy nice yarn whenever I find it cheap, I have a LOT of yarn...  It should be called the yarn-death of the universe.  It won't be heat, it'll be a buildup of yarn and unfinished projects that eventually causes the catastrophic end of life as we know it.  I swear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
squeakyweasels

Knitter, Writer, Yarner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005 12:06:52 PM »

I wonder if wanting to knit more than do ANYTHING else (eat, sleep, interact with others) is the first stage of the addiction. It's been over a year now for me since picking it up, and I'm just starting to be able to put it down again and do other things. My husband got very irritated with me in the beginning because where evenings used to be just us snuggling on the couch watching tv, now I'll sit next to him and knit. I guess it's not as intimate, but I don't fall asleep on him anymore from watching whatever he wants to watch! Now that he's realized it's not a passing interest or that I'm not doing it to avoid him, he's totally supportive.

Knitting can be like the third wheel in a couple sometimes -- the best friend who drinks all the diet Pepsi in your fridge and never actually goes home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell ecofriendly luxury yarn, recycled at
http://stitchpop.artfire.com
Maryam Ovaci

I love you, Interlibrary Loan.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2005 12:33:40 PM »

Warhammer's a miniatures game, you get the figures for your army and paint 'em up to suit you (pick army colors, special insignia, and whatnot), set up a terrain (my other roommate does those), and the players have their armies try and beat the crap out of each other XD It's neat, because if you have  a soldier with a pike, then his attacks count as a soldier with a pike, or whatever other weapon is glued to that mini. It's more expensive than I'd prefer, but my roommate gives my boyfriend and I figures for free so he'll have someone to play against XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You bring Athena home five minutes after her curfew and not only does Zeus smite you with a lightning bolt, he transforms into a goose and seduces your mom." - Questionable Content

My own tiny knitblog, soon to include spinning!
http://pandabonzai.blogspot.com/
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2005 01:33:04 PM »

Maryam, if only you lived close to me.  I have a 1500pts of Space Marines (of course, this was back in the day, no idea if the points are the same anymore) I painted up years ago, and only played once, and no way to get rid of them.  People in these parts don't play much anymore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
The Art of Silver Filigree
The Art of Kilim Carpets
The Art of Felt Making
The Art of Turkish Glass Blowing
The Art of Ebru
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...