A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: literally, a monster purse! ((reposted, and an apology))  (Read 171486 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , monster  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PpCakes
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2005 05:58:45 AM »

i must know where did you get that beautful furry fabric??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
oh s0 l0veable
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2005 06:00:10 AM »

Oh my gosh! That is like the cutest purse i have ever seen in my life!! I have to make it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LisaMRose
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2005 06:41:31 AM »

I'd given up on a tutorial for this, but when I saw it I was delighted -- the monster bag I made without the tut came out well, I guess, but I'm not happy with it. Excellent tutorial -- I'm going to have to make two or three to give to friends for their birthdays, they've all been clamoring to borrow mine, and I got a lot of extra fur when I bought mine.

You guys are paying outrageous prices for this fur, I think. $15 a yard seems a lot much -- I paid less than $10 for mine at Wal-Mart. I don't know why you guys can't find it at your Wal-Marts, as the one I go to royally sucks -- when I saw the three colors next to the tulle I nearly hugged the fabric lady (who probably would have stabbed me with her scissors, don't you think?) and I bought some of the pink and the blue... I didn't care for the purple because the fur 'highlights' were also purplish -- if they'd been green or orange or some other crazy contrasting color, I'd have gotten some of it!

Anyway. Sadly, I have to fight the urge to go sew, because I promised that'd I'd clean the upstairs of our house which is a daunting job. Maybe I can sneak in a few seams while no one is looking.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa M. Rose
foureyedgirl
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2005 09:41:29 AM »

i must know where did you get that beautful furry fabric??
There's a fabric store in my area called Jo-Anns fabrics, that's where I got mine. I don't know if they sell that specific fabric anywhere else though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
foureyedgirl
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2005 09:44:44 AM »

You guys are paying outrageous prices for this fur, I think. $15 a yard seems a lot much -- I paid less than $10 for mine at Wal-Mart. I don't know why you guys can't find it at your Wal-Marts, as the one I go to royally sucks -- when I saw the three colors next to the tulle I nearly hugged the fabric lady (who probably would have stabbed me with her scissors, don't you think?) and I bought some of the pink and the blue... I didn't care for the purple because the fur 'highlights' were also purplish -- if they'd been green or orange or some other crazy contrasting color, I'd have gotten some of it!
wal-mart? I didn't think of looking there..mm, now i may have to take a trip there.

i have a bunch of extra fur left over..i've been thinking of making something else out of it. an altered jean and fur skirt would be hilarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
foureyedgirl
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2005 09:47:46 AM »

wow, thats a great tutorial! i think it deserves a spot on the special features just fro you appologizing b.c i wouldnt have had the guts to do that.

Cheesy

It's really cool that you posted a tutorial, that bag is awesome.
 I don't blame you for reacting the way you did, If I posted something I really liked and half the follow up posts were demands for a tutorial I'd get kind of annoyed.  The way I figure it, after 10 pages of tutorial requests it's kind of rude to add another one.

Anyway, awesome purse!

yeah..i'm also iffy about sharing things i truly love, like my harry potter books!  Grin
but in the end i was like "you know what? it's not fair to them. you promised them a tutorial, and never stayed true to your word. they deserve a tutorial."

and walah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005 09:50:22 AM »

at distinctivefabric.com you can get samples of faux fur in a lot of varieties and colors! you have to go and make an account and then they'll let you take 10 free samples, they come in 5x4 inch pieces...which may end up for me as the smallest coin purse monsters in the world Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

foureyedgirl
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2005 09:53:50 AM »

at distinctivefabric.com you can get samples of faux fur in a lot of varieties and colors! you have to go and make an account and then they'll let you take 10 free samples, they come in 5x4 inch pieces...which may end up for me as the smallest coin purse monsters in the world Grin
already ordered a bunch!

hm..a monster wallet would be hilarious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2005 09:54:47 AM »

already ordered a bunch!

hm..a monster wallet would be hilarious.

cool! did the fabric ever get there or are you still waiting? i'm wondering whether this is too good to be true! Tongue Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

foureyedgirl
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2005 10:01:57 AM »

cool! did the fabric ever get there or are you still waiting? i'm wondering whether this is too good to be true! Tongue Smiley
well i just ordered it last nite..so i'm hoping to get it during the week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles
How to Make Mini Sticky Buns
How to Make Coconut, Cherry Toffee
How to Make Croissant Bread Pudding
Flourless Chocolate Cake With Peanut Butter Custard
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...