A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whole Wardrobe Revamp Swap?  (Read 1710 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005 11:49:53 AM »

I love EVERY idea for this swap ESPECIALLY the ones which include clothing rather than accesories... I would SO be into making/finding and decorating an entire wardrobe for someone and sending it all at once...
or you could do it in THREE installments, make the crafting time longer and ask for three items for each phase.
any which way you cut it, I'd be in Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005 01:46:44 PM »

What about if we did it so at first your just paired up randomly and maybe that would be for the accessories part of the swap (im talking 3 parts here) You send off your stuff to your assigned partner AND you send  a pair of jeans or a skirt or something you would like redone along with that package. The partner recieving your stuff would then for the next part of the swap reconstruct your pants and send it back. I hope you get what I'm saying I tried to describe in the best way I can. Does that sound good..........or no? I'm so glad so many people are interested. It makes me happy. LOL. I probably wouldn't be able to organize until my very first swap is over (middle of august, I think) but then I would be happy to do it. Anyone interested in co-organizing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005 02:20:13 PM »

Just had a thought. How bout we add hats and scarves to the list? I'm thinking this may have to be like a 5 part swap instead of three. Is there anything you guys wouldn't be really into doing on this list. You  wouldn't  have to make one of everything they are just ideas,but if it was just a focus on pants...duh...it would have to be pants.

I just had another idea (man they are just flowing today Grin) How bout we could just make it a 3 month swap but we combine everything like: jewelry, bags, belts, hair things, hats, scarves, and gloves into the "Part 1: Accessories" category and then shoes,socks,underwear, and Pj's could go into "Part 2: The essentials(Anyone have a better name?) Then last, but not least the Tops and Bottoms could be combined into "Part 3: Tops and Bottoms. Then we could just ask for the 1st two categories people send at least 3-5 things? What ya think?

Heres the List:

earrings/bracelets/necklaces
Shoes
Socks
Underwear
Bag
Belts
Hair things
Tops (Meaning hoodie, sweatshirt, Jackets, t-shirt, etc.)
 Bottoms (skirts, pants, capris, jeans, etc.)
Pajamas
Hats
Scarves
Gloves

You guys got any other ideas for categories? Let me know or just post them here!

NOTE: Maybe we should have it where you don't have to make the bigger projects(pajamas,bottoms,tops) necessarily. You could just reconstruct or embellish them. This might be better for people who aren't good in areas such as sewing. So they could have an option. What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005 02:37:20 PM by Retro_Turtle13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005 02:31:42 PM »

*raises hand*
I will co-co-ordinate if you would like (and what a wonderful word to type out)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005 02:48:55 PM »

That sounds good to me. I was thinking we should start it sometime in Sept. what do you think? Did you have an opinion on anything else I posted?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005 03:40:24 PM »

this sounds so awesome... i would love it if this was a craftalong also.
it would be so cool to see everyone's crafty pajamas! lol
-funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005 03:59:44 PM »

Hi FunkyOlive! Soooo are you interested in the swap? Would you be into just the 3 part swap or would you like it more spread out over time?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005 02:32:27 PM »

um, i guess it was the spread out one... i'm more into the idea of clothing, hats, scarves, etc. than jewelry.
-funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005 04:32:55 PM »

Im not sure if everyone shares your opininon. Undecided Well is anyone still interested? I was thinking about putting it on around the middle of september. So have we all agreed on if we would like the 6th month swap or 3 month swap? Let  me know.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyOlive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005 06:24:02 PM »

i don't mean to make the swap be just to my liking! do whatever you think the most people would enjoy.
good luck,
funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is a Timelapse Video
How to Write Action Descriptions on a Film Script
A Guide to Crack a Whip Like Indiana Jones
How to Set Dialogue in a Film Script
How to Recognize Reality TV Editing Tricks
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...