A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whole Wardrobe Revamp Swap?  (Read 1639 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2005 10:08:44 PM »

Would you craftsters be interested in a "every part of my wardrobe swap"? It would probably be like a 6 or 9 month swap where each month there was a new theme for what was to be reconstructed or made. For instance:

January=earrings/bracelets/necklaces
Febuary=Shoes
March=Socks
April=underwear might be a sticky subject,:-\but why not. They wouldn't be made, just decorated. Unless you really wanted too.
May=Bag
June=Belts/Hair things
July= Shirt
August=Pant/Skirt
September=Pajamas

Let me know what you think. If anyone wants to organize it. It's fine by me!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2005 04:35:04 PM by Retro_Turtle13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005 04:09:35 AM »

Only prob is its such a long commitment.. might go wonderful as a craft along though..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
CatyX
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005 04:19:28 AM »

THis would be really fun but I dont think I'd be up up for the comitment, and some of the things on that list I'd be ok doing but some of the others I would be stuck as I'm not that great at crafty-ness (yet!)

On the other hand a decorated underwear swap might be fun  Wink  Grin

CAty
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005 07:30:51 AM »

What if we did it as an accessory swap so it was only 4 or 5 months long?
Example:

January=earrings/bracelets/necklaces
Febuary=Shoes
April=Socks and Underwear
May=Bag
June=Belts/Hair things

What do you guys think of that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
pink_seatbelts

dirtay souf!! w00t!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005 04:07:27 PM »

i definitley like the underwear thing. that's pretty amusing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/thenewbohemia <---La Vie Boheme is the shish, and you are jealous.
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005 07:44:07 PM »

LOL. I think its pretty funny too. I dont know if everyone will though. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sleepywalkin
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005 06:40:32 AM »

it might work out better for you if you did separate sign ups for each month.  that way no one feels committed to a year-long (or 6 months, etc) swap.  and if they do not want to participate in a particular theme (underwear or anything else), then they don't have to.  might be a good guard against flakers who are gung ho in the beginning, but fizzle out by month 3. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - oscar wilde
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005 08:01:04 AM »

Thanks for the advice  sleepywalkin! I've never organized a swap before so I need all the advice I can get. So your just saying to have a swap up saying "Underwear Swap" and then the next month have a seperate swap for the "Belts and Hairthings", but let the people know who did the underwear swap that this is sort of a sequel to that? How does everyone else feel about this?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sleepywalkin
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005 08:41:45 AM »

yeah, or maybe make the title - "create my wardrobe swap - phase 1"  or month 1, theme 1, etc.  and then details in the post.  that way people can easily follow it.  just a though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - oscar wilde
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005 09:17:36 AM »

What if it was kind of all combined into one swap where you did just one huge package or do you think people wouldn't be quite into that, or what if it was just a 3 month swap? People have done those easily before, no problems. I think.... Undecided LOL What do you think of that, but I like the phase 1 thing too. Would you be interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005 11:49:53 AM »

I love EVERY idea for this swap ESPECIALLY the ones which include clothing rather than accesories... I would SO be into making/finding and decorating an entire wardrobe for someone and sending it all at once...
or you could do it in THREE installments, make the crafting time longer and ask for three items for each phase.
any which way you cut it, I'd be in Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005 01:46:44 PM »

What about if we did it so at first your just paired up randomly and maybe that would be for the accessories part of the swap (im talking 3 parts here) You send off your stuff to your assigned partner AND you send  a pair of jeans or a skirt or something you would like redone along with that package. The partner recieving your stuff would then for the next part of the swap reconstruct your pants and send it back. I hope you get what I'm saying I tried to describe in the best way I can. Does that sound good..........or no? I'm so glad so many people are interested. It makes me happy. LOL. I probably wouldn't be able to organize until my very first swap is over (middle of august, I think) but then I would be happy to do it. Anyone interested in co-organizing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005 02:20:13 PM »

Just had a thought. How bout we add hats and scarves to the list? I'm thinking this may have to be like a 5 part swap instead of three. Is there anything you guys wouldn't be really into doing on this list. You  wouldn't  have to make one of everything they are just ideas,but if it was just a focus on pants...duh...it would have to be pants.

I just had another idea (man they are just flowing today Grin) How bout we could just make it a 3 month swap but we combine everything like: jewelry, bags, belts, hair things, hats, scarves, and gloves into the "Part 1: Accessories" category and then shoes,socks,underwear, and Pj's could go into "Part 2: The essentials(Anyone have a better name?) Then last, but not least the Tops and Bottoms could be combined into "Part 3: Tops and Bottoms. Then we could just ask for the 1st two categories people send at least 3-5 things? What ya think?

Heres the List:

earrings/bracelets/necklaces
Shoes
Socks
Underwear
Bag
Belts
Hair things
Tops (Meaning hoodie, sweatshirt, Jackets, t-shirt, etc.)
 Bottoms (skirts, pants, capris, jeans, etc.)
Pajamas
Hats
Scarves
Gloves

You guys got any other ideas for categories? Let me know or just post them here!

NOTE: Maybe we should have it where you don't have to make the bigger projects(pajamas,bottoms,tops) necessarily. You could just reconstruct or embellish them. This might be better for people who aren't good in areas such as sewing. So they could have an option. What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005 02:37:20 PM by Retro_Turtle13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005 02:31:42 PM »

*raises hand*
I will co-co-ordinate if you would like (and what a wonderful word to type out)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005 02:48:55 PM »

That sounds good to me. I was thinking we should start it sometime in Sept. what do you think? Did you have an opinion on anything else I posted?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005 03:40:24 PM »

this sounds so awesome... i would love it if this was a craftalong also.
it would be so cool to see everyone's crafty pajamas! lol
-funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005 03:59:44 PM »

Hi FunkyOlive! Soooo are you interested in the swap? Would you be into just the 3 part swap or would you like it more spread out over time?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005 02:32:27 PM »

um, i guess it was the spread out one... i'm more into the idea of clothing, hats, scarves, etc. than jewelry.
-funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005 04:32:55 PM »

Im not sure if everyone shares your opininon. Undecided Well is anyone still interested? I was thinking about putting it on around the middle of september. So have we all agreed on if we would like the 6th month swap or 3 month swap? Let  me know.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyOlive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005 06:24:02 PM »

i don't mean to make the swap be just to my liking! do whatever you think the most people would enjoy.
good luck,
funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2005 06:40:50 PM »

okay. LOL i know. Is mid sept. good for you? Spread the word.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hijole
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005 07:38:49 PM »

Retro_turtle, in order to be a swap organizer, you must have completed a swap and received positive feedback.  Your profile doesn't show that you've  been in a swap yet.

Unless you've got a swap in progress that will be completed before you begin this swap, someone else will need to be the organizer.  Sounds like a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005 09:01:05 PM »

hijole dont worry i am currently participating in the "Fashion/Pop Culture through the ages" swap. And should be done around the end of August. Thanks for checking up though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005 01:41:27 PM »

Anyone else interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stray Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005 09:25:57 PM »

I know you guys kind of already decided the format for this swap but I had a thought about this because I was wanting to get rid of all of the clothes that I don't wear anymore. I was going to take them to the thrift store but I thought it would be better to donate them to a fellow craftster/reconstructor. My idea was to trade a one bag of clothing and the person that received your donation would have to recostruct one item that you gave them and return it. They could then keep the rest for their own use. Anyway that was my though. maybe for another swap. I would be interested in this one but I haven't done a swap yet and I'm planning on my first one in september so  I may not be able to do this one yet.
I think you can only sign up for one your first time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2005 01:53:13 PM »

It is true you can only sign-up for one at a time. Maybe we could incoprorate your idea! We could just have the last month be a "Whatever you have left, and want someone to do something with" month. You could just send the item(s) you want to be reconstucted along with the pants so maybe they could start thinking in advance. So basically this would be kind of a naked lady idea incorporated. Does anyone have objections to that? Thanks for the idea Stray Cat! We probably wont be starting this until mid september anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2005 10:56:00 AM »

I'm just checking to make sure there are people still interested in this. I will/should start signups around the 20th of september if so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happychick
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2005 12:15:47 PM »

sooo are you signing up month by month or altogether?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2005 12:57:14 PM »

Um what do you think we should do? Maybe 3 months at a time??? Because that would work better with the Jeans, skirts, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photography Tips for Shooting a First Birthday Celebration
White Balance Photography and Post Production Tips
DSLR Cameras: Using the Live View Function
Taking Flattering Maternity Photos
What You Need to Take a Great Picture
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...