A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cincinnati: DIY Crafty/Tea socials...  (Read 1880 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cowgirl5
« on: April 06, 2004 10:06:37 AM »

Hi, i'm new to the boards, but am working on what is right now a very rough idea for some DIY/social kinds of events that I want to put together.

The basic idea is that a group of people would get together from time to time, probably on a Saturday afternoon once a month (or twice a month) to learn something.. like bookbinding or screenprinting, anything and everything.

I'd get one or two people with this knowledge to teach the class for that week, people would have to bring their own supplies (or there would be a small fee for supplies...), and we'd all learn something really fun.

So part of the reason for doing this would be to learn something -- stuff that normally you might have to pay to learn as part of a class. And another reason is for the social aspect -- a way for DIY-inclined people to get together and have fun.. something different than going to shows and bars, etc.

SO, if anyone has advice, or talents that you might want to lend to this venture, please do e-mail me: kariwethington@yahoo.com and maybe something will come of this soon!

(just so you know, i'm from NKY, live in cincy, work for a newspaper, do zines and put together shows, and just generally like to do fun stuff like this.. my kinda generic webpage is www.angelfire.com/indie/super).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shes so unusual
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004 11:31:35 AM »

sounds interesting. im in nky.
i checked out your webpage....i work with one of the joes from hilltop distillery!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

misslulette
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004 09:07:54 AM »

hey kari! its di! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit www.lulette.com ! scarves and knit accessories!
Arundi
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004 08:47:40 PM »

I'd definitely be interested in getting together with this group and learning new crafts. I'm in Dayton but wouldn't mind coming to Cincinnati. Great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melissago
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004 09:35:14 PM »

i would be interested in something like that. if it ever happens, i would like to be contacted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaffagirl1

Summer's kiss is over, baby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004 09:44:14 PM »

Hi, I just noticed this thread. A while ago I attempted to form a Cinci branch of the Church of Craft. I'm not good at promoting myself so it didn't go well. Have you rounded anyone up yet for a social? I am interested for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Curse softly to me, baby, and smother me in your love. Temptation comes not from hell but from above.
purrfectgrrlcincy
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004 01:29:17 PM »

Hey, can we bump threads on here?  I am in Cincy- Gaslight to be exact and would loooove to get together for some crafting fun.  I'm not huge into tea (except at bedtime Smiley  but I do love crafting and coffee!!  I am getting married next May and would love to take a Saturday to destress from all the planning.  I'd love to be emailed if anything happens.
Thanx.
~stephy g
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006 09:42:09 AM »

I know this topic is old, but I'm trying to promote.  Amy, get up ons. 

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=83109.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Last Minute Halloween Ideas
3 Ways to Rock Turtlenecks
The Sandal Trend You Can Pull Off
Trade Secrets From Christene Barberich
3 Ways to Slip into Long Sleeve Dresses
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...