A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarn around Milwaukee?  (Read 6576 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gracella

I hope life isn't one big joke cuz I don't get it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2004 03:31:17 PM »

there is the yarn house in elm grove- its awesome. its a house (literally) with yarn in every possible nook and cranny. the women who work there are so nice. i would definatly reccomend it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linbtl
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005 03:08:12 PM »

Knitwit is now open as well as Loop...also in Bay View...both very cool!

I stopped in at Loop for the first time today and I loved it! The selection is awesome and it's woman-owned, which makes me feel all warm inside  Wink. Web site: www.loopyarnshop.com.

I must have driven right by Knitwit and not even noticed it...gah! Maybe next time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my artsy-craftsy blog:
http://linbtl.livejournal.com/
TattooAnnie

Revolution begins with a book & an open mind!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005 12:01:35 AM »

Yeah, Knitwit is on Kinnickinnic right by Lulu's & Stone Creek...I work across the street so I stop in now & then...Haven't been to loop yet, cuz I always drive by when they're closed...but the shop looks really cool...I actually just learned how to knit 2 weeks ago, so I'll be shopping at both quite a bit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"GIR...why is there bacon in the soap?"
"I made it MYSELF!!!!"

www.TattooAnnie.etsy.com
smokingmonkey
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005 05:52:00 PM »

Knit Wit is really easy to miss. It's on the east side of KK, half a block north of Stone Creek. There's not a lot of signage but there's yarn stuff in the windows. The selection is small, but what is there is really unusual and beautiful, some really nice Japanese noro and whatnot, and the owner is super chatty and helpful. She gave me a pattern for a scarf and did a quick yarn over lesson. She also hosts a stitch n bitch every week.

I love love love loop, good size selection and the owner is really nice as well. They have classes and also have open knitting nights.

Rhuama's is really intimidating... that place is huge! and totally worth the extra drive to get up there - I work in Glendale so it's only a minor detour. I spent $100 there on a ton of yarn when they had a huge sale back in February. My coworker who taught me how to crochet finds that place very dangerous because she can't resist dropping a lot of money there too.

Planet Bead has a small selection, but also has nice stuff. I have to avoid going there because I get distracted with all the amazing beads....oooooh all the pretty beads......
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005 05:55:09 PM by smokingmonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ms_pointy
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007 10:50:03 AM »

Not quite Milwaukee, but the Grafton Yarn Store is totally worth checking out.  http://www.graftonyarnstore.com/

Their selection is nice.  There's always yarn on sale.  And they have classes and knit at your own pace groups.  All in all, a very nice place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kendra: In case de curse does not succeed, dis is my lucky stake. I have killed many vampires wit it. I call it Mr. Pointy.
Buffy: You named your stake?
Kendra: Yes.
Buffy: Remind me to get you a stuffed animal.
stevesgal
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007 02:05:33 PM »

Kro-sha on Vliet is awesome.  Beth (the owner) is super nice and will take very good care of you. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007 12:47:21 PM »

There's a fabulous yarn shop in Elm Grove, called the Yarn House - they have, without a doubt, one of the best selections of yarn and wools around, and their prices are quite reasonable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Overview on the Inspire Hair Color Line - Part 1
How to Do a Hair Replacement for Alopecia - Part 3
How to Foil Hi-Light with Tint-Back at the Same time - Part 1
How to Do a Hair Replacement for Alopecia - Part 1
How to Establish Guideline Lengths
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...