A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: While Mommy lurked on craftster...  (Read 21823 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nikki Knacks

Great scott! 1.21 Jiggawatts!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2006 05:46:00 PM »

Not so bad as my sister getting talked into SHAVING her head. She had long Shirley Temple curls chessnut brown. beatiful hair. Some numb nut shaved her head I cried, she simply shrugged and said she liked it..ewww
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maybe I'm normal and it's everyone else that crazy....
ibimus
Soup Nazi

I'm crackers about cheese, Grommit!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2006 06:33:22 PM »

I cut my bangs when I was 8. They were quite nice and even, looked very good, but my mom yelled at me anyway. Tongue

I also cut the hair on my Barbies, and also my American Girl doll.

Wouldn't you know it, I start cosmetology school next year. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

www.livejournal.com/users/ibimus
www.myspace.com/ibimus
AmyE
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2006 07:53:30 PM »

lol thats hillarious I had so many scary looking barbies with green hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Store!!
www.mysweetloveable goods.etsy.com
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2006 09:27:20 PM »

Ha ha ha!!!!! Maybe this should be under the one that asks if craftyness runs in the family!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
Spangle
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2006 10:19:32 PM »

Very cute haircut :-)

So I've had a few 'while Mummy spent an interminable age browsing craftster...' moments too. No haircuts (my 4 year old cut her bangs one day while sitting directly opposite me as we did some scissor-related craft or other at the dining table), but plenty of "oh god, why did I ignore that ominous silence" stuff, viz:
a) 20 zillion seed beads of every colour transformed into "an ant-hill" in the carpet
b) 100 metres (not kidding this time) of crepe paper streamers sellotaped all around the interior of every room in the house
c) complete circumference of bathroom redecorated with bath crayons
d) almost-finished hand-knit baby jumper sleeve entirely unravelled and reformed into a hideous tangly knot
e) paddling pool containing 1300 litres of water reduced to a slippery puddle, lawn severely water-logged from application of 1300 litres of water.

Sigh. Kids, eh? Gotta love 'em.

Cheers!
Miriam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmyE
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2006 07:52:53 AM »

lol spangle Im so sorry to hear that and sorry to laugh. My girls only 10 months and sticks to unravelling toilet paper and dumping plants but I know what I have to look forward to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Store!!
www.mysweetloveable goods.etsy.com
Zen Gwen

This too shall pass.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2006 05:49:25 PM »

Ah, reminds me of my childhood. Sophie and I got bored of Bambi and decided to give each other new 'dos...it's surprising how well safety scissors can cut hair, isn't it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are dolls, they seem to say, but don't play with us. We bite.
julia2222
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2006 04:42:45 PM »

not quite a "mommy on craftster" story- but similar...
I babysit for a 2.5 year old- but her mom and I sometimes end up talking (thus her mommy gets no work done)- about life, or beads/jewelry making...
a few weeks ago the mom was showing me how to make a pair of earrings, and I suppose we were ignoring the little girl (who we thought was playing happily/watching Franklin on tv)... then all of a sudden she was very quiet- and I asked the mom "Where's _______?" 
So I get up to check on her, and find her attempting to stick her little fingers into the electrical outlet!!  (uh-oh! bad babysitter alert!)  [the outlet usually has a cover on it- but I think someone had unplugged something earlier that day, and forgotten to cover it]

Then just the other day- she and I were coloring at the kitchen table, but she got up to see what her bro was watching on tv (and, without Julia noticing, taking 2 crayons with her)... so I go into the TV room- and see her standing very close to TV screen (I think- why is she standing so close?  is her eyesight bad?- ie concerned babysitter)...
well- I get a little closer and realize that she is using the two crayons (green and blue- one in each hand) to color the tv screen!!!!!  (uhoh!)  Luckilly her mom thought it was funny and didnt get mad- but I felt like such a crummy caregiver!  Her mom is an artist though- so I figure it must be genetic!  (she's also been known to use mommy's makeup to "color" her makeup mirror- poor mommy had to buy new eyeshadow and lipstick!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2006 08:13:46 PM »

when i was about 2 i asked my mom if we could play hairstylist and she fell asleep and i cut her WAIST LENGTH hair (i mean she used to be able to sit on it) to two inches below her ears  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MartiniMonsters
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2006 08:39:51 PM »

When I was 5 I cut a square out of my bangs a week before my parents wedding. I remember thinking, my bangs are too long, I should fix them up for the wedding. It's nice to have tons of pictures of those moments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Paul Yoon on the Inspiration for Snow Hunters
Gabrielle Reece on Why Exercise Is the Answer to Everything
Gabrielle Reece on Finding Balance
Author Gabrielle Reece’s Tips on Marriage
How to Use Deadlines to Achieve Writing Goals
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...