A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circular Shrug / Vest - Scale Model - TUTORIAL  (Read 249806 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gloriana
« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2005 12:25:40 PM »

Gloriana, I just love the look of your shrug.  I was wondering, in your decrease row did you just knit two across or how did you do the decrease row?   Cheesy  Also, what type of yarn did you use?  It has a wonderful look!!

I'm using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran - it is so nice and soft and lovely to work with.  For my decrease row, I left four ribbed stitches the same on each end, and then purled two together all the way across (I was doing it on a wrong side row).  In order to get the right number of stitches for the brocade pattern (which needs to be in multiples of 12 stitches plus 1 extra) I decreased one stitch at each end of the next row too - I K2tog at the start and end of the first row of the brocade pattern. 

hope that's not confusing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
carecare
« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2005 04:15:01 PM »

kudos for writing up the pattern for this! i get a lot of requests on my blog and i have say, "go to this thread then go to page 6 then page 11 or read all 29 pages of the thread ...."

and gloriana, i love your take on it. such creativity here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yahaira
« Reply #282 on: October 09, 2005 05:14:15 PM »

Im loving the brocade Gloriana and the color you chose.  Are you using the aran or chunky cashmerino? (I noticed you are knitting with 10.5's)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog --->
www.bitterpurl.com

my store --->
www.pureknits.com
eunnyjang
« Reply #283 on: October 09, 2005 07:58:11 PM »

Gloriana - that stitch pattern is so great...so much bang for the knit/purl buck.  Really nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will also be cocktail sauce.  -- Smoove B

See Eunny Knit!
bronxie
I like yarn! Yarn, Yarn, yarn

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2005 05:36:50 AM »

There's a couple of things I would do diff seeing how I casted on too much. I wore mine yesterday and I had to take in the sides. I keep having to pull it down because my boobs are big.  I'm thinking about making another one. Next time I would: C/o less, work ribbing for  5 1/2" (I only worked 4 and a half cause I got lazy).  I still wear mine and get a lot of compliments. You guys are genius Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mayerlove
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2005 06:34:36 AM »

i made a shrug length one, and i don't reccomend it. the cowl doesn't look as good. i'm going to rip it back and make it regular length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
mamaloo
« Reply #286 on: October 10, 2005 08:24:48 AM »

I've had about 14 requests so far for the pattern.  Woohoo!  I consider that a success.  I hope everyone who is using it finds it helpful.  Thanks should definatlely be heaped on Julsey and Keridiana and Sammy, without whose original notes, images, and pdfing abilities I wouldn't have been able to create this pattern.  

So, now, I've posted it on my blog.  It's at the top of my sidebar and I've renamed it the "Craftster Circular Shrug".  http://momcast.blogspot.com/2006/01/craftster-circular-shrug.html

I can't wait to see more finished shrugs!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012 09:30:38 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LolaBella
« Reply #287 on: October 10, 2005 09:04:56 AM »

Awesome!  I'm about half way done with mine.  It's super chunky which is great since it's getting to be winter already.  I'm actually doing just 1x1 rib for the body.  I'm going to have to do at least one more of these!  So great! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Blog: Bella Miss Ella
Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
dancingbarefoot
« Reply #288 on: October 10, 2005 09:40:25 AM »

mamaloo, thanks for putting up the pattern! Much easier than gleaning from this long thread.  Wink

How much yarn did everyone need for this? I want to make one, but I don't know how much yarn to get (or dig out of my stash).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
cinimonstk

Smokey says NO to Sew Fast So Sleazy!!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 10, 2005 12:40:20 PM »

Ok, I plan on casting on for this one tonight.... I do have some questions...

Has anyone made longer sleeves? I'm thinking of doing this, but I want to know if anyone else had success with it.

I also saw that someone above me mentioned making a shrug sized one vs regualr size.... Does this mean if I follow julsey723's directions I'll get a shrug sized one?  I'm only concerned because I am a bigger gal and don't want knit and knit and knit only to end up with a little shrug. Something a little bigger would be good so maybe I just knit the ribbing longer and more mock rib? I better figure it out soon, since I'm starting tonight. Mamaloo, I think I'll join your KAL. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW SLEAZY!
http://www.cafepress.com/saynotosfse/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls
How to Draw Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls
How To Draw Yoroi From Naruto
How to Draw Kid Goku
How to Paint HBK Shawn Michaels
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...