A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,207
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circular Shrug / Vest - Scale Model - TUTORIAL  (Read 261903 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FarAboveRubies

Proverbs 31:10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: October 06, 2005 01:59:03 PM »

ok, after reading all 27 pgs I am now thoroughly confused...but that never stopped me before!!  Grin

Does anyone want to make a set of cliff notes for this thread?
A summary would be nice maybe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies...
she seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.'

visit my knitblog: www.faraboverubies31.blogspot.com
gloriana
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2005 09:54:45 AM »

Well, I've made some progress on my circular shrug...

http://www.elizabethklett.com/images/circular1.jpg

I cast on 158 stitches, knit in rib for 5", then did a decrease row - but left 4 ribbed stitches on each side.  I'm knitting the body section in a pattern called "King Charles Brocade" (which I found in Vogue Knitting's stitch dictionary).  I'm about 8" through the body - nearly halfway!  I'm thinking about knitting a little flower and making a pin out of it to hold the shrug together when it's all done... more later.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012 09:24:44 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
knittinkitten
50's housewife with a tongue piercing

A girl can never have too many scarves...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2005 10:03:27 AM »

Ooo, that's a good idea about the knitted flower!  I may have to steal that...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

samilynn9
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2005 11:07:42 AM »

wow! that King Charles Brocade looks so complicated, but teriffic! Is it hard to do? Please post pics when all done! I am still on my mock rib part, and it is taking FOREVER to get to about 18"...Cant wait until it is complete!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sammy :-)
nixx
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2005 11:14:07 AM »

gloriana, that is GORGEOUS!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ford, you're turning into a penguin.  Stop it.
--
www.uber-dork.net ; www.myspace.com/nikkirawr
mamaloo
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2005 11:25:00 AM »

Just wanted to repost that I have made a Word version of the pattern.  I've included photos and instructions for creating your own custom version of this shrug.

The pattern is based on julsey723's version and includes her photos and Keridiana's illustration of the seeming diagram.  These two smart ladies receive are credited with the pattern as are the other participants in this thread (unfortunately not individually).  I've included a distribution disclaimer limiting distro to personal, non-commercial use, except by express permission by myself, julsey723 ad Keridiana. 

I could use a volunteer to PDF the pattern, to make it more portable.  But, if you would like a copy of it in its present form, feel free to contact me via PM or request in this forum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swshrmuffins
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2005 12:58:49 PM »

And for those of us who don't want to be swallowed by its length, I propose the following variation to my schemata!!!

Measure across back. EDIT:  ADD 4-6" TO THIS TO MAKE IT KINDA OVERSIZED AND CAUSE CAP SLEEVE FORMATION?  Figure out from gauge how many sts you'd need for that. Multiply that by 2. That's your CO #.  Knitting from bottom to top now:

CO__ sts.

*k2, p2* rib for about 5". This will be your bottom hem so you decide.  Keep count on how many rows you do here: __.

*k2tog, p2tog* across.

Now mock-rib stitch for twice the length of your armpit opening.  I think about 14-16" total, depending on how roomy you want this to be.

*p1, m1p (make 1 and purl it), k1, m1k (make 1 and knit it)* across. You want to be reversing the  2x2 rib so that when you seam the 2x2 rib sections together, you can seamlessly match up the 2x2 rib.

2x2 rib for same # of rows as you did above.

*BO2, 2x2 rib across* rep from * to * until you get a nice rounded shawl collar that is about 8" at the longest.

Cast off.

I'll try a little model of my own soon......

I have a question regarding the step where you increase again.  *p1, m1p, k1, m1k*  etc...
I do this step with the right side facing??? or the wrong side?
 I'm almost done! Please help! : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinimonstk

Smokey says NO to Sew Fast So Sleazy!!

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 07, 2005 01:08:48 PM »

Just wanted to repost that I have made a Word version of the pattern.  I've included photos and instructions for creating your own custom version of this shrug.

The pattern is based on julsey723's version and includes her photos and Keridiana's illustration of the seeming diagram.  These two smart ladies receive are credited with the pattern as are the other participants in this thread (unfortunately not individually).  I've included a distribution disclaimer limiting distro to personal, non-commercial use, except by express permission by myself, julsey723 ad Keridiana. 

I could use a volunteer to PDF the pattern, to make it more portable.  But, if you would like a copy of it in its present form, feel free to contact me via PM or request in this forum.

mamaloo, sent you a PM re: PDF. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW SLEAZY!
http://www.cafepress.com/saynotosfse/
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 07, 2005 01:23:31 PM »

The .pdf has been sent to dear mamaloo, after a network crisis here at work almost prevented me from sending it, but she's got it in her inbox.

If you absolutely need it RIGHT NOW, I'll be at work for another 20 minutes or so (4:45 p.m. EST) and I can send it over your way.

Great work, mamaloo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
rhiandmoi
« Reply #269 on: October 07, 2005 01:27:35 PM »

A great way to make .pdf files is www.pdf995.com.  It's free all you have to do is look at a sponsor page. To turn of ads you can pay like $10.

I host my .pdf files on my geocities page, but they can have a problem with bandwidth overload if something is really popular. Nothing I post is that popular, but this pattern probably would be.

A free file hosting site like www.savefile.com offers unlimitted downloads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Ultimate Lab Color Mode Trick For Boosting Colors
How to Draw Stimpy
How to Draw Steve
How to Draw Squidward
How to Draw Stan Smith (American Dad)
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...