A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circular Shrug / Vest - Scale Model - TUTORIAL  (Read 249781 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mayerlove
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2005 03:53:35 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45597.30

here's the link to the tut i'm using- page 4.

I've got a sore throat- maybe i can skip school tomorrow to work on it! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
bronxie
I like yarn! Yarn, Yarn, yarn

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2005 09:01:17 PM »

I'm into the last of the ribbing.  Did anyone do this part?

*BO2, 2x2 rib across* rep from * to * until you get a nice rounded shawl collar that is about 8" at the longest.

I'm just getting to the last of the ribbing, and hadn't planned on doing this.  In fact, I never even saw it in the directions.  Do you have a page number in the thread?  Sorry - 25 pages is way too many to browse through, and a real search turned up nothing.  It does sound like a neat idea though.  Did you do it?

Right here. Scroll down some. And nah, I didn't do it
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45597.30
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2005 08:38:09 AM »

I discovered this thread only yesterday via Julsey's blog... I saw the photos of her finished shrug and loved it, so I came on over here and read the whole thread.  So impressive!  This is really the very best of Craftster.  So I decided to cast on for my own circular shrug.  I'm using some recycled black Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and size 10 needles.  My gauge is (intentionally) a bit bigger - 4 stitches/inch and so I cast on 158 stitches for the initial ribbed section.  I'm thinking of doing a different pattern on the body - maybe lace?  maybe a different rib?  we'll see...  I'm so psyched about this project!  Thanks, y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
bronxie

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2005 08:50:48 AM »

I finally finished mine. What a pain in my butt. My big boobies kind of get in the way though. I still love it! I have to get a nice brooch for it though.
http://addictedtoknitting.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/circ.JPG
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012 09:23:47 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2005 09:52:25 AM »

bronxie - great job!  I know what you mean about this thing being a pain in the butt - I just cant seem to get this last ribbing done!  On the plane today....

Thanks for the link to that last part of the BO instructions - I must have spaced out on reading that at the end of keridiana's tutorial.

gloriana - I think I might try this again in a bigger gauge.  I don't have the hear to to do all that mock rib in worsted weight again!  Post pics so I can get inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EllenKnits
« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2005 10:59:19 AM »

Does anyone have a picture of the shrug that you've finished knitting but not seamed up yet?  I'd love to knit this but I'm confused.  Is it knit in one or two pieces?
TIA
Ellen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nixx
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2005 01:21:51 PM »

ellenknits: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45597.msg479480#msg479480
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ford, you're turning into a penguin.  Stop it.
--
www.uber-dork.net ; www.myspace.com/nikkirawr
EllenKnits
« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2005 04:14:54 PM »

Thanks Nixx.  So, it's one piece, rib, mock rib and rib again then the top rib is seamed to the bottom rib?
Ellen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamaloo
« Reply #258 on: October 05, 2005 08:11:24 PM »

Ellenknits: that's correct.

I'm just about to CO for my own.  I made a Word Version of the pattern, if anyone is interested in slipping it into their workbook... Let me know and I'll email it.

So, i am doing it in handpainted Colonna 140 in Burgundy.  (I just got four or five rows past the first drop stitch in Clapotis when I realised that I wanted a more worsted weight yarn for the clapotis - so I frogged the whole fricken thing and prepped for the Circular Shrug) It's recommended for 8mm needles, but I only have 7.5 (and then 15mm, but that's a tad big, I think!  Haha!), so I swatched it on th 7,5mm needles. 

Funny:  my swatch is in two very distinctly different guages!  The first half is knit at about 3st/inch, then, I suppose I tightened up on my tension because it's measuring 3.5st/inch!  So, I averaged it out and her are my measurements: 30 inches across the shoulder at 3.25st/inch x2 for the cast on: CO 196, reduce to 98 for the mock rib. 

I let y'all know how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bronxie

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 05, 2005 09:34:38 PM »

bronxie - great job!  I know what you mean about this thing being a pain in the butt - I just cant seem to get this last ribbing done!

Thanks! I have to take in the sides because the back part of the rib is too loose on my lower back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Twist On Classic Labor Day Treats
Bring A Modern Flair To Classic Labor Day Dishes
How to Make a Brick Oven Style Prosciutto Arugula Pizza
Bacon and Escarole Pizza Recipe
Best Foods For Tailgating At The Game And At Home
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...