A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: KEYCHAIN Swap (SIGNUP 7/28/05-8/9/05 ; MAIL BY 8/26/05) *CLOSED*&*FINISHED*  (Read 3605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2005 08:40:23 PM »

Swap name: Keychain Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kiki_eks
Sign-up date range: July 28 - Aug 9 ; MAIL BY Aug 26 Edit: Sorry I had to close 3 days early - I'm going on vacation.
Date to send item by: Aug. 26
Limited to a certain number of people? No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: Yes

Details of swap: Make a keychain with your craft medium of choice or with the inspiration from your partners likes. You'll have 2 weeks to craft a keychain and send off to your swap partner. Please send your keychain in a padded envelope. DC# are required if sending within the US or email a photo copy of the receipt to the organizer if you sending internationally or from. (edit: We will make 3 keychains and send to 3 partners - Please read full thread below)

this swap originated from Halidays idea "I was just thinking today I need a new keychain....thus the idea of a keychain swap! It would be open to all different kinds of crafty media....knitted, beaded, shrinky dinks...ect....."

If you want to participate, Send below information to organizer by PM:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Hold My Keys - Keychain Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Are you willing to ship to an address outside of your own country?:
Are you willing to be a swap angel and make an extra item or two if anyone gets flaked on?:
Favorite colors:
Colors you don't like:
Any materials you'd hate you're keychain to be made of (ex. leather, gold, silver/nickel, etc..)
Any materials you'd hate to make your keychain out of (ex. leather, gold/brass, silver/nickel, etc..)
Would you like to add anything about yourself?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.   Swap Etiquette Shipping (esp. International) Tips How to participate in or organize a swap

...LIST...

• StarSix -->SENT / icrispyi =returned to sender/re-mailing / kiki_eks =RECEIVED / autumnelayne =RECEIVED
  • krazigal72 --> SENT / kiki_eks =RECEIVED / Duifje=RECEIVED / cnds1992 =RECEIVED
  • autumnelayne --> SENT / jm2luver21 =RECEIVED/ StarSix =RECEIVED/ icrispyi =RECEIVED
  • duifje --> SENT / krazigal72 =RECEIVED / cnds1992 =RECEIVED / kiki_eks=RECEIVED
  • Ta2dPierced --> SENT / Rakuette =RECEIVED / xXcherrie-lynnXx =RECEIVED / Lugosi MIA - *Swap Angels completed, Thank You cnds1992 & krazigal72 xoxo*
  • Rakuette -->SENT / Ta2dPierced =RECEIVED / jm2luver21 =RECEIVED / xXcherrie-lynnXx MIA - *Swap Angel completed, Thank You icrispyi xoxo*
  • jm2luver21 --> SENT / autumnelayne =RECEIVED / Lugosi MIA - *Swap Angel Completed by kiki_eks* / Rakuette =RECEIVED
  • icrispyi --> SENT / cnds1992 =RECEIVED / autumnelayne =RECEIVED/ StarSix =RECEIVED
  • kiki_eks --> SENT / StarSix =RECEIVED/ krazigal72 =RECEIVED / duifje =RECEIVED
  • cnds1992 --> SENT / Duifje =RECEIVED / icrispyi =RECEIVED/ krazigal72 =RECEIVED
  • xXcherrie-lynnXx --> FLAKED last active on craftster 8/20 / Lugosi / Rakuette / Ta2dPierced
  • Lugosi -->FLAKED last active on craftster 8/23 - UPDATED: Last active on September 05, 2005, 04:17:42 PM / xXcherrie-lynnXx / Ta2dPierced / jm2luver21

Purple = you are still active and your keychains have not all be received
Red = all your keychains have been received
Teal = Updates

SWAP GALLERY http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=48834.msg448913#msg448913

================================================================================

Important Information from http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html

What if I unexpectedly can't make the deadline?

If for any reason whatsoever (and there may be any number of legitimate reasons), you are unable to fulfill your commitment by the swap deadline, please let the swap organizer via PM as soon as possible.

It is crucial to inform the person who is organizing the swap.

The swap organizer will give you a Negative Feedback if you don't meet the deadline and you drop out of contact.

Mailing your swap item to your swap partner

You must use delivery confirmation or package tracking of some sort when you mail your package. And you must send the tracking number to the swap organizer so that they can record it. This way if the package gets lost, you won't get Negative Feedback because you can prove that you sent the package.

There are two reasons why you might be allowed to skip delivery confirmation:

1. Some shipping places (like the US Post Office) won't do package tracking/delivery confirmation on packages that are too thin

2. If you are mailing to another country and adding on package tracking/delivery confirmation would be very expensive, then you can skip it.

If you must skip tracking, then for proof of mailing just keep the receipt you get for shipping the item. The receipt should have information about where the package is going to.

If you have a digital camera, you may want to snap a picture of your item before you send it. This way, if the person you send it to doesn't have a digital camera, you can still show it off in the "Swap Gallery" for this swap (after the person has received it!).

When you receive your item from your swap partner

Send a PM to the person who sent the item and a PM to the swap organizer to let them know that the item got to it's destination. The swap organizer may opt to create a separate "Swap Gallery" for this swap. So if there is one, post there describing what you got. If you have a digital camera, post a picture too!

Some great threads here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=187.0
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006 09:43:19 PM by kiki_eks » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005 09:17:57 PM »

yay, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
StarSix
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005 10:33:53 PM »

Awesome, I've just started making keychains and have been very happy with the results.  Looking forward to this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not Beethoven, but it sure bounces!

~ The Aristocats
autumnelayne

Such is the way of the Craft Ninja.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005 06:10:22 AM »

I sure could use some key ring bling! Right now mine is getting taken over by those discount key card things. You can tell alot about me from them...hancock fabric club, dick blick art supply preferred customer, and gold's gym membership..lol. I am thinking rather than using keyrings I will make mine on those clasp hooks that bag charms are made with. They look like a lobster clasp, but bigger, and have like a small d-ring attatched at the bottom. You could just hook it on to your existing ring, and switch them around super easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005 11:25:40 AM »

my elestirc mayhem bus should have an awesome keycain! yep yep! ok i'll sign up later. gotta run.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
lauriemk
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005 01:59:57 PM »

I'm very interested in this, just need to finish my first ever swap... I will keep an eye on this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
duifje
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005 02:08:02 PM »

Yay I'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is short eat dessert first
surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005 06:59:30 PM »

i'm in too!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005 12:08:30 AM »

So I am throwing this out there ---
We have it now as 1 to 1 or
a. We make 2 keychains and send to 2
b. We make 3 keychains and send to 3
c. We keep it at 1 keychain and send to 1

Any thoughts - send me a PM if you don't want to post over the thread. Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
duifje
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005 05:00:28 AM »

Option B:  the more keychains to make/receive, the better!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is short eat dessert first
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Finding the Perfect Swimsuit Fit
Three Ways to Nail the Peplum Trend
What 21st Century Librarians Are Wearing
Lana Del Rey Styles Up a Summer-Perfect Mini Dress on Stage
Tips for Flawless Fourth of July Looks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...