A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DC numbers  (Read 3825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mayerlove
« on: July 28, 2005 10:45:15 AM »

OK, don't kill me for my opinion.

I think people who have done quite a few swaps should be able to just send without a DC number. I know they're used to make sure people send, but what about the reliable people? of course, i know not everyone can be perfect and may just have he slightest bit of ______ (cant think of the right word for it) and think they can just not send because they're considered "reliable." If you like swaps and do alot of them, i think the DC numbers can get pricey.

I know things can get lost in the mail, but maybe if you don't use a DC number, then you "bind" yourself to making a new package. this would require the partner to be "reliable" too.

here's my proposition:

certain amount of posts, certain number of positive swaps to be "reliable"

only two reliable people would swap together, eliminating the liar factor.
if not enough "reliable"swappers joined for people to be paired, then the reliable swapper would still have to get a DC, just like the other swappers.

who else has an opinion about this? am i totally wrong? is the DC a requirement not worth messing with? this would be alot of work, seeing who is "reliable" and the isn't.

Comments, anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005 01:04:46 PM »

I'm confused- when I sent with a DC number it was only 55 cents.
I think the idea is to help when packages get lost in the mail, which has nothing to do with the reliability of the sender and maybe help the sender / receiver track lost packages and recover the crafts into which the sender put a lot of work and effort. To me that would be worth such a small amount of money, even replacing one package would add up in cost to a lot of DC numbers. I think it also helps when your partner doesn't respond or say they received their stuff. You have proof that it was delivered for feedback issues and also so you don't keep worrying and wondering when they'll receive.
That's just my opinion though and I am a new swapper, but I have to admit it was nice to know for sure where my package was after I sent it out- well worth 55cents to me.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005 01:08:34 PM by Bobolink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
pibbgirl
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005 01:37:59 PM »

Delivery confirmation numbers don't track the package so they wouldn't be any help if the package was lost.  But I do think they are a good thing to have so when the "reliable" people send to someone who doesn't acknowledge having received a package there is proof that it really was sent and received.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is really all they are good for.  Other than proof that you did send if it got lost in the mail...even if it wouldn't track down the lost package.

Also, kind of unrelated, I've gotten plenty of packages where my swap partner sent me a dc# and when I put it in the usps site it says there is no record of it.  But when I get the package there is the dc sticker on it, but somehow it never got into the usps system.  Has anyone else experienced that?  This has happened to me so many times to me that I kind of agree with jm2luver21 that dc is not worth it once you have proved yourself as a swapper.
55 cents each does add up if you are in lots of swaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005 02:46:25 PM »

People who have been considered "reliable" have flaked also. I think the DC helps the organizer track if they have to. Its only $.55 cents more and it does prove that you shipped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005 03:09:08 PM »

really? 55 cents? well i find that they are pretty costly around here, i'm not sure why? but i sort of agree with jm2luver21...b/c DC #'s can get costly, and i know reliable people could flake but i find that when given DC #'s for a package..i rarely use them and i hate feeling like its a waste but it kinda does! also i've had the problem where when i put them in....at the usps website..they don't have any record of the DC #'s at all...it makes me feel bad for the person that gave them to me b/c it was kinda like whats the point if i can't check them! i like that reliable idea but there will always be goods and bads to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005 04:32:23 PM »

People who have been considered "reliable" have flaked also. I think the DC helps the organizer track if they have to. Its only $.55 cents more and it does prove that you shipped.

i realize this.
they are alot more than 55 cents here. not sure why. the package has to be a certain size and everything. if you dont send priority, at my PO, then basically you can't get a DC. this is costly. 4-5$ per swap PLUS the material for whatever you send. i sent a package today, the usual size i send, and for some reason, the people at the post office wouldnt give me a DC number. if it was 55 cents i certainly wouldnt be complaining.
is ther anywhere i can see the rules for shipping? it seems fishy that sometimes i can get one and sometimes i can't.

Thanks for your comments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005 04:57:08 PM »

i'm going to be honest. lately, i rarely get DC.  You all know I'm super reliable, and when I'm sending out 10 packages, 10 dcs are 1. pricey, and 2. alot of work to write out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005 05:12:30 PM »

i'm going to be honest. lately, i rarely get DC.  You all know I'm super reliable, and when I'm sending out 10 packages, 10 dcs are 1. pricey, and 2. alot of work to write out.

i agree, most of the time my postal service people give me weird excuses of why i can't get DC #'s but i try to get them when i can!  Roll Eyes its hard to explain sometimes why i couldn't get them since they can be pricey!..i feel awful saying that i can't get them because i'm too dead broke Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005 05:53:49 PM »

yeah. if something did happen to my package, i'd resend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
mayerlove
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005 07:53:19 AM »

see? that's what i mean. you are a reliable person and you know that if the package gets lost, you'd resend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The New Path Blur in Photoshop CC 2014
Photoshop Tutorials: Retouching with Color Adaptation
Holographic Studios in New York City
One of the Slickest New Features in Adobe Camera Raw CC
Enhancing Waterfall Photos in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...