A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
810 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: anyone know whats up with xXcherrie-lynnXx  (Read 4441 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amethyst
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005 01:57:27 AM »

Maybe she was in an accident and has been in the hospital?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargirl

whatever it takes...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2005 03:18:56 AM »

in my eyes she had the best reason ever to be late in that swap. personally i'm amazed that she was able to do that swap at all. i don't think you should be so hard on her because she and her family was going through some serious shit. but if you feel disappointed, i'm sorry.

i wasn't trying to be mean, i just don't like the way things went down. she told me it would be a little late a few days before the swap send out date, but we had a long time before that to craft. i said thats fine, but then didn't get the package for nearly a month. it just didn't add up to me, especially when she didn't pm me back, but whatever its cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaiter_girl

Hullo, My name is Bear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2005 06:17:06 AM »

Stargirl...Maybe there's more to the story, like maybe the person had been sick for awhile and they knew that death was likely or maybe, she thought she was dealing with everything okay and then it just hit her.  I was like that when my grandfather died...I was "okay" for weeks, left home to get back to university and broke down totally when I got there.  I understand that you're frustrated but, like someone said, it's a risk you take when swapping, even if the other person isn't trying to be mean, sometimes the swaps don't work out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My my...aren't we a knotty little girl?
pibbgirl
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005 06:56:57 AM »

I think the point is that she took on some responsibility with organizing/participated in swaps.  I know everyone has family and real life responsibilities but its been quite a long time since she has been in contact with anyone.  She should come online and tell at least the people she made commitments to what's going on, I think everyone would understand if she let us know she had to drop out.  I hope she is okay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rakuette
i make pottery!

i <3 midtown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005 11:03:36 AM »

Does anyone have her #? or real name to  look it up? I was her partner in the keychain swap.  I really hope she is ok.    Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal blog- http://rakuette.blogspot.com/
my stuff for sale- http://Rakuette.etsy.com
365 craft- http://365craft.blogspot.com
365 clay- http://365clay.blogspot.com

i would like to be a swap angel
a) it's a good thing to do
b) i have 5 swaps from 3 years ago that i
would like to make up
knitster88
aka christinanne

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005 05:42:33 PM »

would this so called serious shit be the death in the family or did i miss a step?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look what youve done to me now, youve made me perfect
Stina
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2005 09:21:54 AM »

would this so called serious shit be the death in the family or did i miss a step?

yes. and it was serious shit.

i wasn't trying to be mean, i just don't like the way things went down. she told me it would be a little late a few days before the swap send out date, but we had a long time before that to craft. i said thats fine, but then didn't get the package for nearly a month. it just didn't add up to me, especially when she didn't pm me back, but whatever its cool

okay, i was probably a bit too sensitive about it. i understand. but i dont think the swap had much to do with her disappearing, though. but i don't know more than anyone else here.

Does anyone have her #? or real name to  look it up? I was her partner in the keychain swap.  I really hope she is ok.    Undecided

i have her name and address but no phone number, and since i'm at the other end of the globe i'm not really the person to do that. is being sorta stalkerish and finding out her # and call her to see if she's okay the thing we want to do or is there another way? i was thinking about sending her a letter, but since she hasn't replyed to my last one i don't know how big the chance is that she'll reply. any suggestions/thoughts, or should we just keep gossiping and guessing what might have happened? or do we just accept that she seems to be gone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please visit my etsy & my blog
PM me for personal swaps
JazzyBee
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005 09:34:04 AM »

well this seems to happening alot lately.There were two other swappers, very reliable, i don't want to name them, there's been enough talk about it already. But they disappeared as well and all we knew was that there were some family illness problems going on there too.
We talked and talked abt it here on craftster but the long and short of it is that they have not made contact with anyone regarding this, for whatever the reason maybe. I just feel we shd give them the benefit of the doubt based of whatever info we have (detah in her family etc). and leave it at that.
To me it sort of feels wrong to go on an on talking abt it and contemplating what went wrong.

So just pray that she and her family are ok. I am praying for her too.

Starpiste is doing an amazing job getting that swap together and taking care of those who have been flaked on. so kudos to her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would just like to thank the academy for nominating me......
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Scenes at Sanaa Lathan Cover Shoot
Winter Fashion: Casual Outerwear Trends
Cozy and Comfortable Outerwear for Winter
10 New Ways to Wear Your Denim Jacket
British Designer Makes Most Expensive Dress In The World
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...