A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Duran Duran Worship (80's new wave Gods now older but still hot!)  (Read 41894 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

darkdiva
« on: July 28, 2005 09:40:39 AM »

I posted these candles a while back in Misc. Completed projects and I checked in with Leah to make sure it was o.k. (she said it was) to submit them for this challenge.

I made these Duran Duran shrine candles for a friend of mine who is a huge Duran Duran fan. I used 5 different colored glass encased candles (like the ones you find with various Saints & prayers on them). I had colored copies made from the Astronaut CD  of each of the band members with the angelic star burst added in the background.

I then cut the pictures to fit the candles and used Mod Podge to adhere and seal.

Simple but I think they came out great and my friend flipped when she saw them.

Thanks for looking Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Robyn Lisa
Avid Reader

Jewrific

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005 10:15:33 AM »

those are absolutely brilliant.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetpadee

I'll diffuse you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005 10:50:54 AM »

Ahhh!!! Those are freakin' awesome! Definately get my vote! I guess it helps that I LOVE Duran Duran also!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
faeriedust112088

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005 11:47:55 AM »

BEAUTIFUL! OMG I am jealous. I don't really do too much with 80s stuff other than fashion so I can't do anything with bands. But wow! I love the colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sleepywalkin
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005 11:48:55 AM »

duran duran was the first concert i ever went to  Shocked

awesome candles!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - oscar wilde
ilovepaper
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005 12:32:21 PM »

How funny! I remember when you posted this originally and when I saw this challenge I thought of it right away. I loved it then and i still love it now. You've got my vote!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlwonder
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005 07:46:54 PM »

totally fabu!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie Girlwonder

"A vagabond, when rich, is called a tourist." -unknown

"To be somebody, a woman does not have to be more like a man, but has to be more of a woman." Sally E. Shaywitz, neuroscientist
darkdiva
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005 10:37:00 AM »

Thank you for all of your compliments. They mean a lot to me. I have to confess that these candles are my favorite creation so far. And the happiness they brought and still bring to my friend is awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005 10:59:15 AM »

Those are so great! Thank you so much for telling how you did it, because I think I'm going to try, although I don't feel confident they'll turn out as well as yours!
I wore out Simon Le Bon on my friend's Duran Duran poster with lip gloss when I was a teen.  I wasn't allowed to have my own poster (sniff).
I also used to be obsessive about those saint candles-they are so weird and cool.
I wonder if you could sell those, or would there be copyright issues? Because they are awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkdiva
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005 11:56:12 AM »

Those are so great! Thank you so much for telling how you did it, because I think I'm going to try, although I don't feel confident they'll turn out as well as yours!
I wore out Simon Le Bon on my friend's Duran Duran poster with lip gloss when I was a teen.  I wasn't allowed to have my own poster (sniff).
I also used to be obsessive about those saint candles-they are so weird and cool.
I wonder if you could sell those, or would there be copyright issues? Because they are awesome.

I totally think you should try it. I had a good time doing them. And if you get stuck or anything you can always PM and I'll talk you through it.

As for selling them. Someone else asked me that and I am thinking that Simon & Co. would be a bit peeved if they found out I was profiting from their images.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Salmon Roll
How to Make the Perfect Tempura With Tadashi Ono
Indian Ghee Recipe
Indian Seasoned Dal Recipe
Indian Dal Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...