A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help on making wedding guestbook  (Read 1021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lucid501
« on: July 28, 2005 07:31:06 AM »

I am getting married in November and am trying to make as many things as possible.
I really like the idea of sending out guestbook pages/asking for people to bring pictures and then compiling them into a more personal guestbook after the wedding. I am trying to design a card which fits in my invitations which simply asks that people bring a picture with them (of them and me, them and my fiance, all of us, etc), but I don't can't for the life of me come up with a good way to word it. Our wedding will be moderately fancy (I'm not sure how that happened--here is my wedding theme and such, in an earlier thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=29211.0) and I am making my invitations myself. Basic wording of "____ & ____, together with their parents, request the pleasure of your company at their marriage..." I'm not sure how to politely ask people to come to my wedding AND bring photos. Has anyone else done this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005 12:24:26 PM »

I know what you mean, I have a hard time even telling people where I'm registered. Asking for stuff seems tactless. If I were you I'd ask my maid of honor (or whomever) to throw the bridal shower and incorporate this as a theme. Maybe you could make it a guestbook making party, they bring the pics, you all assemble it there.  You could arrange the pics in such a way as people will still be able to sign and everything. This way it's all done before the wedding too. Last minute stress sucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rabbitlovesbear
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005 12:52:30 PM »

What about instead of doing this... use a digital camera or instant camera and have a designated picture taker at the wedding for each person/couple?  As they enter the ceremony, they can take the picture and fill out a page in the scrapbook/guestbook answering questions like :  what is your favorite memory of the bride/groom?  etc.

Your idea sounds really cool... I just know that MY family would never remember to bring the picture and it would be dissapointing.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristiface
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005 08:56:10 PM »

I saw an idea somewhere (I'd give credit, but I honestly can't remember where I saw it) where the couple had a calendar made with pictures of them for each month, and guests signed the different months.  The calendar (which can be made at print/copy shops anywhere) could be made so that the months are based on your anniversary date (starting with August if you're getting married in August, for example) since you make it yourself.  Smiley 

Maybe you can ask people to bring pictures of themselves with one or the both of you to be added to the calendar months instead of putting pictures of yourselves in place in advance.  Extra pictures could be added to a scrap book at a later time along with the pictures and the pages from the calendar... and you'd even have special dates, appointments, etc. labeled on the calendar to include with the scrapbook. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005 09:43:19 PM »

i like your idea.  i'm also making a guest book for my wedding (june 06) so i'm in no rush and have come up with a few different designs... the fiance picked design #2 so i'm going to make that.  Cheesy

Maybe you could include a line on your response cards so that it's like this:

---------- accepts
---------- declines

----- will bring or send the happy couple a photo of myself/the family to be added to the guestbook. 
----- will not send or bring a photo to the couple but submits the following stick figure caricature instead.

By the way, have you been to www.indiebride.com yet? They have a forum called Kvetch and there's an entire catetgory dedicated to invitations.  There's even a thread on wording for invites... it's been quite helpful for me since I'm also making the invitations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tulle Skirt
Top 5 Holiday Designer Dresses You Can Rent
Save Vs. Spend: Holiday Edition
An Affordable, Complete Autumn Look
Playful Polish in a Giulietta Dress
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...